Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #81
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDawg View Post
Two short historical questions:

1) Can I keep the Ottawa Senators in the NHL after the 1934 season (by editing the league structure)?
2) Is it possible to change the playoff format? suppose instead of 4 teams going to playoffs I want only the 2 best teams to qualify, is that possible?

Thanks
Yes and yes.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #82
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Did bookmarks make it in?
Not this year. We haven't taken a serious look at adding them yet, I'm not sure the way OOTP handles them will work with our UI.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:28 PM   #83
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
Couple things wondering if they were fixed:

1) in FHM5 expansion teams were able to pluck as many players from one particular team as possible. In one expansion draft I had a new team take eight or nine players away from me... Pretty sure there is a rule of how many players can leave a team during expansion draft...

2) In the salary cap years teams were unable to resign their star players for example Crosby and Ovechkin would become free agents after their first contract because teams did not have the big bucks to resign them, although this is very unrealistic as obviously those teams would do whatever it takes to keep them
Expansion rules haven't changed yet, but that's very high on the priority list for a post-release change.

I haven't noticed that the second one has been a particular problem in testing. And I wouldn't want to make it impossible for top players to go to free agency, or we'd have no Tavares situations in the game.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:28 PM   #84
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Is 16 teams the max for the playoffs?
Yes.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #85
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
With the ability to save lines...does that mean we can save tactics too?
Just lines at the moment, although tactics would be the obvious next step.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:30 PM   #86
clamel
All Star Starter

Well, I ask again then.
Will the coaches that having a year without coaching get into the game, just as the players that was FA in the year one start a historical save.

The issue is I understand lots of the coaches that is in teams will be in, but don't like it as it's in OOTPB were tons of free agent coaches are fantasy ones.
Great coaches that just had the year you start in as a free year never pops up in OOTPB, which is kind of crazy.

So not this scenario then.
Most coaches in teams are real blokes but the free coaches are fantasy.
Guess it will be hard to follow it up over the years when players turn into coaches. That will probably be on an AI suggestion and not really historical

I hope you understand what I am referring too.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:38 PM   #87
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
I linked the original video, but they've since made a more in depth video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrMup62Z1Cs
Restricted video can't view.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:46 PM   #88
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Restricted video can't view.
Then that is on your end, not ours. The video is public on our YouTube page. It's right at the top. if you seem to be having an issue with that, you can also check the archive on our twitch page.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:00 PM   #89
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Then that is on your end, not ours. The video is public on our YouTube page. It's right at the top. if you seem to be having an issue with that, you can also check the archive on our twitch page.
My wife is probably blocking this video?

Old 09-29-2019, 08:28 PM   #90
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
All the tournaments down to the Division III level (which reminds me, I didn't mention earlier that the new split in that level at the senior and U18 levels is in, there are III-A and III-B tournaments now if anyone wants to try managing Thailand.

NHL participation isn't editable, so the NHL players are not in the Olympics, non-playoff players can go to the World Championships, and everybody participates in the World Cup.
Just to piggyback off this, I think last year I asked about Olympics and someone said it was as simple as "flipping a switch" to re-implement NHLers back into the game, no chance of ever getting an "unofficial" mod which would do so?

Also depending on schedule will we see NHLers in Division 1&2 sometimes in the World Championship? The regular season in usually finished by then anyway.

I really like following international hockey...

Last edited by keroppichoppi; 09-29-2019 at 08:34 PM.
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:25 PM   #91
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
My wife is probably blocking this video?
Depending what your wife set something to block I guess . Could be your internet provider, or a number of things. But if you go to https://www.youtube.com/user/ootpdevelopments- it's the top videos. If you can't get it to work, it's likely in your settings. But it's up on our Twitch page as well - www.twitch.tv/OOTPDevelopments

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppichoppi View Post
Just to piggyback off this, I think last year I asked about Olympics and someone said it was as simple as "flipping a switch" to re-implement NHLers back into the game, no chance of ever getting an "unofficial" mod which would do so?

Also depending on schedule will we see NHLers in Division 1&2 sometimes in the World Championship? The regular season in usually finished by then anyway.

I really like following international hockey...
NHLers are free to go to World Championships if their seasons are done. That's no issue. There is no flip-switching for the Olympics though. Until there's an official agreement between the NHL, IIHF and the IOC, you won't see it.

Honestly at this point, I'm not sure we will even see it in the next Olympics. (Personal Opinion).
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:11 PM   #92
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

This list seems really nice. I am hoping to preorder, so I am reluctant to ask if the drafting issues in the mid-70s are fixed? I looked over the list twice and didn’t see it, but this is a small matter and can imagine it not being listed or that I managed to overlook it.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2019, 01:35 AM   #93
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
my wife is probably blocking this video?
hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2019, 05:52 AM   #94
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Since I haven't been playing FHM for a while now for personal reasons, I just wanna know whether there is an option to edit the rosters or not.

If not, is it planned to bring this in soon? So that users can download edited rosters from other users?
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:06 AM   #95
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Anything new with Custom Leagues?

Also in historical leagues are there any playable minor leagues?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-30-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #96
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yes and yes.
Excellent, preordering!
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #97
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

NHL participation isn't editable, so the NHL players are not in the Olympics, non-playoff players can go to the World Championships, and everybody participates in the World Cup.[/QUOTE] Why in OTTP MLB guys can go on to the Olympics and this isn't real lfe.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:05 AM   #98
RedWings2015
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
I see that suspensions have been added to the game for FHM6, how about brawls- especially with historical seasons? Is that finally getting into the game or no?
Hi Jeff - just following up on this excellent question. Now that suspensions for on-ice as well as off - COOL!) incidents are included in the game, does that mean that FHM6 will at last feature brawls (both line brawls and bench clears, complete with goalie fights) particularly for historical seasons of the '70s, '80s, and '90s?

If the brawls are included and done correctly, then we've got ourselves a hockey game that's pretty close to perfect, IMO!
RedWings2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:39 PM   #99
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
OK I used data rather than WIFI to look at the video.

Exhibition mode is just two teams. Not multiple teams like OOTP20.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:45 AM   #100
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Something I'd like to see in the future is the AI make counter offers when offered a trade instead of just rejecting, especially if it's for a player they have on the block.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote