Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Graphics Collection from CD's Ultra-Fine House of Style

Here is an example of the graphics skill of CD.

He has worked very hard over the last year to develop his graphics skills.
CD did this for me making it exactly as I wanted... he did it so well, I will use the Hillsboro Blazers in my Islandian Pro Alliance dynasty league.

I was surprised by his skill... never thought I would use a CD jersey in my IPA.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Hello, this is Eugene Church... about two years ago Clovidequano Dovatha... better known as CD... upset many people on OOTPB Forums, including me... unknowingly and unintentionally he became a problem that requested far too many graphics requests and the Forum Community took offense... it was not a pleasant experience for any of us.
I felt sorry for CD... no one would create graphics for him...though I am not very good at creating logos, jerseys and caps, I wanted to try and help CD, especially when I found out he has Asperger's Syndrome.

Thanks to Wikipedia:
Asperger's is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.
For example, a person with AS may engage in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic, while misunderstanding or not recognizing the listener's feelings or reactions, such as a wish to change the topic of talk or end the interaction. Such failures to react appropriately to social interaction may appear as disregard for other people's feelings and may come across as insensitive.

To help him, I advised CD not to post in other people's threads on the Forums... but it would be OK to post in his own thread... most people only read threads that interest them.

I also advised him to learn how to make his own team jerseys and caps... or to download jerseys that have already been created... that is the simplest way to get jerseys.

For the most part, CD listened to my advice and tries to follow it..
For the most part, CD hasn't had any major problems since... CD has pretty much stop posting.

CD would like to be able to make jerseys for the OOTP Community... he is a good guy that likes to help people... CD is just misunderstood too often.

Here is how our friendship has evolved... it's a long thread, but it will give you some insight into CD... and no, EC and CD don't always get along... we often disagree and debate things... but we are still friends.
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...306267&page=11

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-14-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Should CD post on the OOTP Forums, please try to understand him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's a good human being and he will be a good friend to all of us.

Just give him a chance.

CD can only do jerseys and caps... he has not learned to do logos.

If you like his graphics works, post some requests... he would be excited to do it.

Just make sure you tell him to do it exactly the way you want it... if he designs it, it will not be your everyday jersey... CD's tastes in colors and styles are different from most of us on the OOTP Graphics Forums.

He does not create traditional baseball styles and use traditional color combinations.

Below are some examples of CD's taste in jerseys... keep in mind these examples are from a year ago in the early stages of his jersey making... he is much better now... just look at the Hillsboro Blazers.

If you read the attached link in post #2, you will see how CD slowly improves his graphics as time goes by.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-14-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Here are some fairly recent creations by CD.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-14-2020, 11:58 AM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

A few more.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-14-2020, 12:01 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

And this is what he can do if you give him specific instructions and colors and ask him to make any needed revisions or changes.

He did Hillsboro about 7 or 8 times for me.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-14-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:35 PM   #7
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

1. What a great net-izen you are, Asperger's is super-common among people on message boards and such, if they learn to work within the limitations of the medium it can be a great tool/outlet. What you did is fantastic.

2. Those Hillsboro unis are really nice, they remind me of the ugly Vancouver hockey unis from the 70s. Was that your color combination or did CD come up with it?

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGiovanni View Post
1. What a great net-izen you are, Asperger's is super-common among people on message boards and such, if they learn to work within the limitations of the medium it can be a great tool/outlet. What you did is fantastic.

2. Those Hillsboro unis are really nice, they remind me of the ugly Vancouver hockey unis from the 70s. Was that your color combination or did CD come up with it?
Thank you for your gracious comments... but give the credit to my Creator, who made CD and me... we are just His instruments, available to be used as He directs.

No, EC is a control freak... I pick those ugly colors (Red, Yellow and Black) .... can't blame that on CD... CD would have added Purple and Green to my colors... he likes 5-6 colors on his creations... I like two or three at most.

Actually, the colors would look better if the Black was just use for trimming and not as a Main Color.

I may see if CD will adjust his jersey template and make the Black Away Jersey Yellow... to me Red simulates speed or fire... that's why I chose it... take notice of ILLERACULA'S excellent Hillsboro Logo... he really captured the essence of speed... Illeracula used the black only as a secondary color.

knuckler, one of the all-time best graphics designers on this Forum, did the original Hillsboro jerseys... they are really well done... but CD is a close second... that's how good his work is in my opinion.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-14-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #9
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
No, EC is a control freak... I pick those ugly colors (Red, Yellow and Black) .... can't blame that on CD... CD would have added Purple and Green to my colors... he likes 5-6 colors on his creations... I like two or three at most.

Actually, the colors would look better if the Black was just use for trimming and not as a Main Color.

Sorry, I didn't mean the colors themselves were ugly, but that those old Vancouver unis were. Your combinations for Hillsboro are cool, but I like the old 70s Padres uniforms and other gold-dominant schemes. Thanks for posting all this stuff, even where I'm unlikely to use them it's good inspiration for other ideas!

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:32 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGiovanni View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean the colors themselves were ugly, but that those old Vancouver unis were. Your combinations for Hillsboro are cool, but I like the old 70s Padres uniforms and other gold-dominant schemes. Thanks for posting all this stuff, even where I'm unlikely to use them it's good inspiration for other ideas!
I have never like the Brown and Yellow Padres unis... but this year I do like them... I have even ask a graphics designer to use the San Diego colors on a team in my Islandian Pro Alliance league.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #11
jg2977
Hall Of Famer

I like those Hillsboro Blazers uniforms!
jg2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:35 PM   #12
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Those are nice. I have about 2-3 of CD's jerseys but haven't used them yet. His tastes and mine vary a lot too but occasionally I see one that I like. I would expect the same from some of my own work.

EC you are such an exceptionally nice person.
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #13
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknfire7 View Post
Those are nice. I have about 2-3 of CD's jerseys but haven't used them yet. His tastes and mine vary a lot too but occasionally I see one that I like. I would expect the same from some of my own work.

There are many, many nice people on this forum...people just like you, rocknfire7.

Maybe the OOTP Community brings out the best in us.

Not wanting to sound like a fan boy, but you did a really fine job on my IPA teams in your thread.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #14
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknfire7 View Post

rocknfire7, I'm sure CD will be thrilled to hear that someone likes his work... you just made his day!

and since you mentioned it, I think I would use the Olsonton jerseys, the Red, Black and Gold Jerseys shown in post #5 in this thread

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-14-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:37 AM   #15
zappa1
All Star Starter

Thank you for enlightening us and hope that CD only becomes even better with his creations.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:21 PM   #16
kq76
Global Moderator

I quite like the Bards and Lumberjacks jerseys!

I know you said he doesn't do logos, but CD, if you read this and want to have a go at an "Electrics" logo and jersey set, I'd use it for my primary PT team. I use an auto-generated one because I couldn't find one I liked online, but I'm curious what you'd do. It's an 1980s-themed team and I envisioned Miami Vice-like colours, but I'm open to your interpretation. The team is called the Vice City Electrics, but I'd only want the word Electrics in the logo.
Attached Images
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:45 PM   #17
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
kq76, please change the name of this thread to "Graphics Collection from CD's Ultra-Fine House of Style" or "Graphics Collection from Clovidequano Dovatha's Ultra-Fine House of Style," whichever you prefer. I will likely post many, if not all, of my past, present, and future graphics here, I think, if not in other threads of mine as well.

I will definitely try to keep things as focused on graphics-related matters as I possibly can in this particular thread, instead of on certain other matters that don't really pertain to graphics design sufficiently well. But I still hope others will actually bear with me just a little bit if I have a little bit of trouble doing so at times here, of course, in any case. Not too much, obviously, because none of us want to see a repeat of what happened a while back around here, especially in relation to me, for sure.

Logos for the teams and/or leagues I may post here will likely have to be done by others, at least for the foreseeable future, if not permanently, I suspect fairly strongly at this point in time. IF anyone cares to try and make suitable enough logos for the teams and/or leagues I will post items related to, they are welcome to do so, within reason, of course.

At the moment, I am also working on a personal writing project or two, which may take some time to complete, in truth, folks. So it may take a while at times for me to attend to certain requests you may make here. I will attend to them as quickly as I can, whenever I can, but I may need assistance at times from others to complete any particular request that people may make here, due to my current level of artistic skills.

In a now-closed virtual world called Kaneva, I had a shop called "Clovidequano Dovatha's Ultra-Fine House of Style." If you request certain items from me, you should normally expect rather colorful designs, and often unusual designs, except in certain cases as may present themselves from time to time here. My shop's motto/slogan, if I remember correctly, was "Coloring Up the World One Design At a Time," or "Coloring Up the Universe One Design At a Time." Although I'd have to look at some of my earlier graphics again to be sure about that, in any case.

IF anyone wishes to see even more of my prior graphics work which may or may not actually be posted in the thread linked above by Eugene, then just check out my various dynasty threads, for example, and you might just see a good number of items there as well. I am adding more graphics periodically in the thread linked under GBA in my signature, and I have added a number of my designs, whether OOTP-related or not, to my DA account, also linked in my signature, if anyone is perhaps interested in checking them out later, on their own time and all.

Thank you for your time, and let's try and see if the future ahead for us all proves to be bright and all, in relation to my graphics work and all, of course. However, before I close this post, folks, I must give thanks to and praise God for the abilities that He has given me to create items for people to use here, in any case, for sure. For it is He who makes it entirely possible for me to do all that is good in this world, not I myself, most of all, I firmly believe. May what comes for us all here be good in His sight, as best as possible, then, I hope. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #18
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

kq76, I will see what I can come up with for you, but I will at least need this from you, to have a reasonable enough chance to meet your wishes, I think:

Preferred color(s) [Color Codes in either RGB or HEX format, if at all possible]
Time to work and imagine [Probably at least a week or two from time of request, if not at least a month, depending on my ability to work on certain things enough in a certain period of time]
Any graphics you may want me to incorporate, if possible, into the design or designs [Logos, layers, textures, et cetera]

Thank you for your time and attention here, then, kq76. That is all for now, I think. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #19
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I have many other items made for Hillsboro at present, for instance, and I'll gladly show them, if enough people wish me to. I most definitely can take constructive, clean, and courteous criticism, but I really do not like bad language or mean and unfair comments, so please try and refrain from using the latter kind or kinds of commentary in this thread, as best as you each can, people. Thank you. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 09-16-2020, 12:55 AM   #20
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
kq76, I will see what I can come up with for you, but I will at least need this from you, to have a reasonable enough chance to meet your wishes, I think:

Preferred color(s) [Color Codes in either RGB or HEX format, if at all possible]
Time to work and imagine [Probably at least a week or two from time of request, if not at least a month, depending on my ability to work on certain things enough in a certain period of time]
Any graphics you may want me to incorporate, if possible, into the design or designs [Logos, layers, textures, et cetera]

Thank you for your time and attention here, then, kq76. That is all for now, I think. CD out.
Take all the time you want! I'm in no rush whatsoever. I'm a bit jealous of the specialized graphics of other teams in PT, but I'm fine with auto-generated ones too.

I was initially thinking a white background with some splashes of light blue and pink, like the Miami Heat "retro jerseys" and the above image. But I also quite like the dark blue/purple with gold accents also in the above image.

You know what. I've always liked the Lakers white jerseys (see below). Maybe a white jersey with dark purple lettering and gold outline. Gold and dark purple are more electricity colours than light blue and pink anyways.

I imagine the hard part is finding the right font.

Thank you!
Attached Images
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote