Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #41
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Raccoons are 40-27, two games back, in their Diamond division (shiver). Around the top 5 in both runs scored and runs allowed. Very comforting that they are not going to drop straight through the league to Gold after all. Maybe.

Rebs are 37-29, juuust up front in a tight division. In fact, the second place team is named "Racoons". I want to report them. I so badly want to report them. Get your C's straight!

Accountants are getting humped in Perfect. 25-43. Not nearly up to snuff. Bottom three in runs scored, and also in runs allowed. Rough.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #42
Izz
Hall Of Famer

28-39 for the 'Glou, which puts us 1 game above the relegation zone. Pulled Justin Turner yesterday, and have decided to train him at 2B (yes, my team still doesn't play good defense). Also pulled Future Legend Casey Mize, who'll move into my rotation as #5 starter. Yesterday I also moved Steve Busby from the pen to the rotation, dumping Syndergaard to long relief.

Jeff Bagwell has a 23-game hit streak going. Oh, and vs RHP, live Trout is now hitting 7th. Why? Because he's a bum.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:36 PM   #43
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
A really good May has brought me to 4 1/2 of first place, but this time my team earned those wins. They played really well, nobody is playing great, but 8 regulars are hitting better than .275. Not sure how long I can keep the pace, but I lead the wild card after 2 months. I'll take that
Your Chiles have been on fire lately. Important series coming up with the Cowboys. Your team will be fresh off a rest day, while mine will be in the middle of a stretch of 17 (!) straight days with a game. I guess I'm making excuses just in case.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:49 PM   #44
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Your Chiles have been on fire lately. Important series coming up with the Cowboys. Your team will be fresh off a rest day, while mine will be in the middle of a stretch of 17 (!) straight days with a game. I guess I'm making excuses just in case.
You got 2 out of 3, you took both 1 run games and I won the middle game 8-1. You got to my shaky bullpen, I demoted someone right after you came back in the 9th in the 3rd game.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:19 AM   #45
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are not going to make the playoffs this week, unfortunately. 14.5 games behind Huntley and 5.5 games out of wild card position. We'll just try to tread water and stay a bit above .500.

The offense has been a major, ongoing problem. I've been pretty proactive about subbing, but nothing is taking. Let's put it this way--the Frogs are 43-37 right now and in 34 of those 37 losses we scored 3 runs or less. In the most recent series with Huntley (or Huntley Strikes Back as I like to call it), the Frogs suffered a 4-game sweep in which we scored 6 runs total. The Frogs are 12-12 in June so far and have been shut out or held to 1 run in 7 of those losses. Held to 3 runs or less in all of them...I guess I should jack those ballpark factors up again for next week.

I keep opening packs to pass the time until the next batch of missions come out (so I can profit handsomely and then open even more packs, you see). Finally hit on something useful tonight when 100 Cal Ripken Jr. came out. Ripken is the 3rd historical perfect I've pulled, after Mathewson and Seaver. And, thankfully it wasn't my 6th 100 Scherzer because that's been pretty annoying getting the same one constantly, although I'll take the 30-35K PP gladly. I'm going to train Ripken up to play 1B and see how he does. If he doesn't work out I could probably get 150K PP for him.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:32 AM   #46
Argonaut
All Star Starter

The Vikings have regressed to the mean after a hot 29-2 start to the season. Currently sitting at 57-20, the team has still played pretty well though.

But unfortunately for those of you who like an underdog story, the Malibu Waverunners, an actual whale, are only 1 GB of us as they are currently on a 14 game winning streak. Rolled into the wrong division again.

I suspect we'll have to settle for homefield advantage in the wildcard game.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:03 AM   #47
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Vikings have regressed to the mean after a hot 29-2 start to the season. Currently sitting at 57-20, the team has still played pretty well though.

But unfortunately for those of you who like an underdog story, the Malibu Waverunners, an actual whale, are only 1 GB of us as they are currently on a 14 game winning streak. Rolled into the wrong division again.

I suspect we'll have to settle for homefield advantage in the wildcard game.
Underdog story? You won 107 games last season, yo!

Here's a real underdog story... the 'Glou are 38-41, leading their division by 1/2 a game. Okay, I think everybody in our division are underdogs, and I'll probably only hold this lead for the next half-hour, but imma take what I can!

EDIT: Update. We finished the day 40-41, with a 2-game lead in the division and on a 6-game streak. Bagwell won hitter of the month (his hitting streak went 27 games, btw). An 18-7 month. The hunt for .500 will continue!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 10-10-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:06 AM   #48
Argonaut
All Star Starter

My team may win games, but we're doing it on a tight budget ($0). I guess we're like the Rays of this division going up against the Yankees. 20% of the roster is Silver/Bronze cards.

This division race is insane.. there's a giant wave coming for the longships of the Vikings, but we're barely hanging on. I win 6 in a row, he wins 17 in a row. Only need to outlast him for 82 more games..
Attached Images

Last edited by Argonaut; 10-10-2019 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:26 AM   #49
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P454: Red Raiders Rise as League Fractures

When the Red Raiders were stumbling along at 11-11 in May, manager JasonC23 called a postgame meeting with his team. Did he yell, scream, kick lockers, throw chairs? No. He merely looked them in the eyes and said, "I'm not mad...I'm just disappointed."

The non-tirade guilt trip did its job, as Huntley won its last 6 games in May and its first 9 games in June, propelling the Red Raiders to their second 20-win month of the season en route to an NC-best 58-24 (.707) mark. Ed Walsh was the NC Pitcher of the Month; in his 6 starts, he went 4-0 with a 1.40 ERA and 310 ERA+ (!). The offense was led by Yogi Berra (June slash line: .333/.367/.623), Luke Appling (.312/.409/.487), and Hank Aaron (.333/.442/.472).

Oddly, though, Huntley continued to play to the level of its opponent, for better or for worse. Right after having its 15-game winning streak snapped, Huntley had to face the Arkport Wolves (52-30) and La Crosse Fighting Frogs (45-38) in 11 of the next 14 games. In those 11 games, Huntley went an astonishing 10-1, winning 3 of 4 on the road against Arkport and then 7 straight vs the Wolves and Frogs in Huntley. But, in the middle of that stretch, Huntley lost 2 of 3 at the OKC Bombers (28-52), and immediately after, dropped 2 of 3 at home to the Midland Rockhounds (35-46).

League-wide, June saw P454 fracture into 3 distinct groups: the Front Runners (10 teams, 5 in each league, have 50 or more wins); the Within Range (3 teams in the NC have between 40 and 50 wins, including the Excelsior Dodgers and Fighting Frogs), and Everybody Else (the 5 AC Front Runners are the only teams in the AC with winning records; the NC has 7 teams below .500).

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
In the most recent series with Huntley (or Huntley Strikes Back as I like to call it), the Frogs suffered a 4-game sweep in which we scored 6 runs total.
This means, of course, that soon will come Return of the Froggies, in which your plucky heroes, against all odds, turn the tables on and triumph over the evil empire...which I guess is the Red Raiders?
Attached Images

Last edited by JasonC23; 10-10-2019 at 02:29 AM.
JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:28 AM   #50
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My team may win games, but we're doing it on a tight budget ($0). I guess we're like the Rays of this division going up against the Yankees. 20% of the roster is Silver/Bronze cards.
Yeah, no disrespect intended here. Your team build and management is most impressive

Old 10-10-2019, 02:43 AM   #51
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
This means, of course, that soon will come Return of the Froggies, in which your plucky heroes, against all odds, turn the tables on and triumph over the evil empire...which I guess is the Red Raiders?
I don't know if it works like that, but I am considering freezing SE George Sisler in carbonite just in case.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:13 AM   #52
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Yeah, no disrespect intended here. Your team build and management is most impressive
Thanks! BTW it would be cool if you could sneak in the playoffs in that division and go on a deep run.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:21 AM   #53
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
A really good May has brought me to 4 1/2 of first place, but this time my team earned those wins. They played really well, nobody is playing great, but 8 regulars are hitting better than .275. Not sure how long I can keep the pace, but I lead the wild card after 2 months. I'll take that
17-9 in June and am just 1 game out of first. +7 on expected wins, but I'll take 80 more games with a horseshoe up my ass.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #54
daves
Hall Of Famer

Doubledays look to make the playoffs once again as they are Number 1 in the Power rankings. But like the current Dodgers tend to fall short in the playoffs especially since 7 of the top 10 are in my conference.

The Woodpeckers and Owlz are in the middle of the rankings in their leagues. Owlz have a shot at a playoff spot in the weaker Conference. Woodpeckers will look to have a winning record, but there are too many mega whales destroying the competition in the conference that I am already 14 games out of a playoff spot. Budapest has 175 reserve players that can represent 7 more Perfect contending teams. But right now Brooklyn has the best 25 players and have a 71-9 mega whale record.

Can't wait for Tournaments!
Attached Images

Last edited by daves; 10-10-2019 at 11:27 AM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #55
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I was saving up to buy either Lee Smith or maybe a #2 SP, like Pedro (a longer wait and I'm a wee bit impatient), but instead I saw 100 Boggs for a price I liked and bought him. So much for getting another pitching upgrade. But I'm pleased, nevertheless. I did add Hoffman to the bullpen and now with Boggs in the lineup, our defense will be a bit weaker (but it's generally 1st or 2nd and 3B was a weak spot even before him), but he fits our offense so well. He hits for a nice average consistently and gets on base about as well as Ruth and Appling.

Interestingly, once I got him he already had stats, while it normally only shows them after 1 game day. Turns out, the Utica Unicorns who are in our conference, was the previous owner. He was having his worst season ever for them (.231 AVG) so that might have had something to do with them selling him. Regardless, I'm confident he'll do well for us. In his 1st game this morning, he went 3 for 5 with a D and 2 RBI so a nice start there.

I keep waiting for us too cool off, but that hasn't happen yet. We're over .800 which might have happened this late once before and our RDiff is +293 (593 pace).
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 10-10-2019 at 11:20 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #56
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I feel less and less bad about getting creamed by you a couple seasons ago, impressive work.

The Suns have a real tough division this time, there are 4 of us within 5 games all well over .500 (we have the division leader and the top 3 WC teams). We are currently in 4th, but by expected W-L based off RD, we should be in second (a bit unlucky so far).

Had to move Mike Schooler to the reserve roster last night, finally threw in the towel on him and his 6.23 ERA after waiting as long as I could for him to get back to his normal form. He's been pretty reliable at closer but this season and most of last season has been real rough. May have to go shopping for another reliever b/c my reserve roster options of Ken Giles and Gregg Olsen weren't super inspiring. Do still have Gary Peters to call on if someone else goes missing but we'll see.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #57
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I was saving up to buy either Lee Smith or maybe a #2 SP, like Pedro (a longer wait and I'm a wee bit impatient), but instead I saw 100 Boggs for a price I liked and bought him. So much for getting another pitching upgrade. But I'm pleased, nevertheless. I did add Hoffman to the bullpen and now with Boggs in the lineup, our defense will be a bit weaker (but it's generally 1st or 2nd and 3B was a weak spot even before him), but he fits our offense so well. He hits for a nice average consistently and gets on base about as well as Ruth and Appling.

Interestingly, once I got him he already had stats, while it normally only shows them after 1 game day. Turns out, the Utica Unicorns who are in our conference, was the previous owner. He was having his worst season ever for them (.231 AVG) so that might have had something to do with them selling him. Regardless, I'm confident he'll do well for us. In his 1st game this morning, he went 3 for 5 with a D and 2 RBI so a nice start there.

I keep waiting for us too cool off, but that hasn't happen yet. We're over .800 which might have happened this late once before and our RDiff is +293 (593 pace).
By adding Boggs, who's out?

Old 10-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #58
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
By adding Boggs, who's out?

Not an easy answer. This season, I was training Lajoie at 3B, but he doesn't consistently hit RHP so that was just for when he's hot (which he was for a couple of months). Sometimes I have HR Baker at 3B, but he's been cold so I put Appling there and Rizzuto at 2B. But Rizzuto is not doing well vs RHP this year, so I didn't really want him playing vs RHP. So Rizzuto is the one who got benched vs RHP in favor of Boggs. But in other seasons, it would be Baker playing 3B (but now I'm not so sure about his future with the team). Each year, I change things up after a month or two once I see who's doing well/poorly so no one will be out permanently (well, until I sell them on the AH!).

Edit: Vs LHP, I've stuck with Appling at 3B and Rizzuto at 2B and that's not changed.

Last edited by old timer; 10-10-2019 at 12:38 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #59
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Not an easy answer. This season, I was training Lajoie at 3B, but he doesn't consistently hit RHP so that was just for when he's hot (which he was for a couple of months). Sometimes I have HR Baker at 3B, but he's been cold so I put Appling there and Rizzuto at 2B. But Rizzuto is not doing well vs RHP this year, so I didn't really want him playing vs RHP. So Rizzuto is the one who got benched vs RHP in favor of Boggs. But in other seasons, it would be Baker playing 3B (but now I'm not so sure about his future with the team). Each year, I change things up after a month or two once I see who's doing well/poorly so no one will be out permanently (well, until I sell them on the AH!).

Edit: Vs LHP, I've stuck with Appling at 3B and Rizzuto at 2B and that's not changed.
Good things emotions are turned off in PT, many of these star players would hate you.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #60
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I don't know if it works like that, but I am considering freezing SE George Sisler in carbonite just in case.
"It's all right, I can see a lot better now."
"A little higher, George. Just a little higher!"

HOME RUN

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote