Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 02-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #41
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Okay

So the players are finally where I wanted them to be and now we've lost 5 out of 6 games. That's because I'm such a great manager.

I want to say it's really cool how Ozzie Smith has become my guy who can play every infield position. I'm looking at the original Ozzie Smith 1991 All Star card in the Auction House, and he can play shortstop with a 78 rating. I've been using him for other positions now, into his third season as my super utility infielder. Now my card of him plays shortstop at 78 like before, but ALSO plays first at 43, third at 70, and second at 94 blue rating! He's now a better 2nd baseman than a shortstop, at least the card I have.

Similarly, the Adam Eaton in the auction house plays Left-Center-Right at 68-56-85, whereas the one on my team plays Left-Center-Right at 86-56-85. Obviously I've given him the most work in left somehow. I think that was from before I had Lefty O'Doul, Juan Gonzalez and Enos Slaughter all crammed into the same lineup, though.

So it does seem to pay to train your better fielders at other positions! Because Eaton can backup the entire outfield and Smith the entire infield, I have the luxury of carrying Graig Nettles to play backup/defensive replacement for Machado at 3rd. When Machado hit a cold streak, Nettles went on a hot streak.

So that's the good stuff I've been learning.
peterbernard209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #42
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

in the playoffs

I'm utterly confused. It says we've already played three games in October against the first place team in our division. We are the wild card team. Now it says we have to play them another five games? So 8 games in a row against the same team. Maybe we ended up tied or something? I was too busy to be able to check in much yesterday.

I had dropped Juan Gonzalez in September and replaced him with Pete Rose, who hit about the same. Now I've put Juan Gone back in for the playoffs. No matter what he does, the game rates him and Enos Slaughter around zero WAR. If they are providing power and getting on base, why do they register as zero WAR? Maybe I don't understand WAR or maybe I don't agree with it.

Dierker is cold so I have him in the bullpen. I know I should drop a pitcher for the postseason but I don't feel that would be wise. I think I'll put my extra man in the bullpen. It's been that kind of a season. Our hitting has been fine, our pitching has been erratic. I'd rather have another long man in the bullpen instead of another hitter who might get up to bat one or two times.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #43
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Eliminated

Rocky Colavito beat us! Now they go on to play the Woburn Wave and we go cry in our root beer.

At least we took it to the 5th game against a team with guys like Mike Trout and Lou Gehrig and various diamond level pitchers. This team played better against good teams all year and would get swept by last place teams. They were very odd, but it was a fun season. Reggie Jackson led the team with 25 homers and 92 RBI. Wilbur Wood led the team in ERA 3.62, Wins, 14 and giving up long, long home runs at an amazing 26!!! Len Barker and Larry Dierker gave up 17 homers each. Dierker was too cold to pitch in the postseason at all, he just wasted a roster spot. I took a chance he would warm up if I kept him in long relief and out of risky situations for a while but it was a gamble I lost.

Victor Martinez had an amazing year catching for us, hitting .282 with 18 home runs and 2.7 WAR. I've never seen a player do that two seasons in a row so far in this game, so I probably should look for catchers if I have time. Although keeping Wilson Ramos in reserve usually seems a safe fallback. So maybe I'll keep Martinez and pair him with Charles Johnson or some other over-100 fielding catcher. If he can't hit, I'll try other guys I have in reserve like Munson, or look in the Auction House. I coveted Mike Scioscia for so long, then when I finally got him, he sucked for me haha. He seems to play like an all star for everyone else though. Nettles was really good mixed in with Machado this season, but I wouldn't expect it two times in a row. I like Lorenzo Cain in center and Adam Eaton backing up the outfield, I like Ozzie Smith another year at all infield positions, growing stronger at each in the process. I like Carew at first with Votto in case Carew has an off year. I guess it will be mix and match with pitching again. The two Wilburs (Wood and Cooper) and the two Zachs will probably be there at least part of the season. I liked Wilbur Cooper a LOT. I wish I could find more groundball pitchers who had stamina like Wilbur Wood. I guess that's the area I'd most want to focus on if I have time to make changes soon.

Thanks to OOTP for another fun week!
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #44
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Mothmen cling to life

Well I haven't written for a long time but I have been (sort of) keeping the Mothmen alive. I started a second team called the No Budget Battle Beasts for fun. We made the playoffs last week but died quickly. Same with the Mothmen, who were mostly on autopilot.

This season, the Mothmen started off badly but the Battle Beasts were leading their division. This morning I see that No Budget has fallen 4 games out of first. Noboy bought Graig Nettles when we tried to sell him, and we were only asking the average value for him. Nobody is hitting as well this season as last one.

I haven't looked at the Mothmen for a day or two so let's check them right now. UGGHH just terrible. 36 and 45. next to last place. Blecch. We only have 1233 in the bank. I could try to sell off a bunch of players, but the thing is, then next season I'd be buying them back because these are all good guys just having off years, basically. Let's see if I can swap anyone out from my reserves and stem the bleeding any.

Hmmmm...
It says the only guy who is hot on the team is Mike Soroka, and he's 4 wins and 9 losses. Wow what a bad team.
Zack Wheeler is the only guy listed as cold and he's scheduled to pitch the next game, so that's a place to start.

Now, this is my point-- Wheeler can be good or bad any season. No reason to sell him since I'm 100% certain to use him at some point next season. I probably could stick him in the bullpen and tell it not to use him in high leverage situations and wait till he warms up, but we're under .500 and it's the beginning of July and I want to make one last try to right the ship and try to have a good second half before bailing on the season.

So we'll drop Wheeler to reserve but let's look at the pitching staff and see who else to drop or move. They list our bullpen as 8th which isn't so bad but our starters are 14th which is not good, so we mainly need to fix the rotation without any budget. Here goes

OK so the staff is Wilbur Cooper who is pitching under a 3 era, Len Barker who has a 4.41 and is 3-10, Larry Dierker doing terribly at 5.76, Mike Soroka 4.02. Then there's Wheeler. So Dierker and Barker, who everyone thinks are great all the time, are both having bad seasons for me at the same time. Should I drop both? Hmmmm

In reserves, I have Jameson Taillon. I've only ever used him as a reliever and he's never been good for me. He looks like he'd be perfect because he's a groundball pitcher with control who throws 97 mph but I've never seen him play well. I'll put him in the rotation because I literally have nothing to lose. Who else? Next down the list is Juan Marichal, who was great in the bronze leagues and silver. We could try Alex Wood, who I haven't used for 2 seasons. We could go way down the list and try one of those flukey guys like Harvey Haddix, who can sometimes go on a short streak of great pitching for you. I'm seeing so many good names in the reserves, I may swap out the entire team. Carew is in reserve, Andrelton Simmons, Bryce Harper, Lorenzo Cain, JD Martinez, Wilson Ramos, Tommie Agee, Jason Varitek. Maybe these were the guys I started the season with and maybe they all were having bad years, I can't remember. SInce I started 2 teams, I forget what I did for which haha.

Maybe I should try Dustin May starting. He doesn't have much stamina but we have an okay bullpen. He's doing a good job as closer for the Battle Beasts. I like Future Legend cards and old time cards best.

OK so Dierker and Wheeler go down and Taillon and May come up. Why not. OK I did that but then I decided to move Dallas Keuchel out of the bullpen, and put Dustin May as my setup reliever instead. He has been so good as closer for my other team. So the new rotation is Wilbur Cooper who is our ace (6-3 2.85), Soroka, Keuchel, Taillon, and I moved Len Barker to #5 but kept him in the rotation. I could get some money for him, everyone thinks he's superman. Maybe I should sell him now before he starts pitching like this for other people and lowers his own price.

OK I'm going to have to fix the lineup later, my day is about to get busy. I'll try not to be so long in-between writing next time, hope all your teams are doing well!
Old 02-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #45
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

well

So the Battle Beasts collapsed into 4th place somehow but this morning I see Mark McGwire went 6 for 6 and Keuchel pitched a one hit complete game shutout and we scored 17 runs so in ONE GAME we made over 3000 pp. Pretty amazing and weird. I'm glad we won it but I think the pp are based on random flukey things. Maybe we should make pp when we hit first place and each day we hold on, that's sort of thing.

BTW McGwire hit over 50 homers for me a season ago. This time he seems to be headed for around 40. The entire team is depressed in power this season. I brought up Munson who is getting on base, but we are still 3 games behind where we need to be. Two teams in our division are playing over .600 ball so we're in a tough spot and we really need to win games the last two months of the season.

I haven't checked the Mothmen, I've been incredibly busy with work stuff
Old 02-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #46
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Battle Beasts win wild card game!

I just checked and somehow they won the second wild card so now we're in the playoffs and I somehow have 8000 pp. I don't know what's up with the Mothmen, I haven't had time to check them. Looks like McGwire ended up with 43 HRs and 130 RBI.

OK the Mothmen finished dead last, 65 wins and 97 losses. Wow! It looks like we have the 2nd worst record overall so we should get sent back to the gold league. Just as well.

Back to the No Budget Battle Beasts!

Whoops now I have to do something in real reality and this will have to wait.I want to see if I can get an upgrade player for that 8000 pp but I don't have time so I'll just have to cross my fingers instead. The last time we got some pp I spent it on Royce Lewis who proceeded to hit .220 for me, so sometimes the best upgrade is to let the players play.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #47
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Eliminated again

Eliminated in the first round. Well we had a pretty good season (Battle Beasts) finishing first in a number of hitter categories. I spent most of the money we had on Curt Schilling for next season. He showed up on a number of top pitching stats this past season and I had most of the other pitchers already. I couldn't afford him before, so we'll see if he can do anything starting tomorrow.

I guess the Mothmen wiill be demoted to Gold League, so I hope I can find time to focus a bit on them this week. Gold is much more fun usually than Diamond but not as much fun as bronze or silver, in my opinion.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:35 PM   #48
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Save the Mothmen!!

OK I'm taking a half hour or an hour tonight to try to correct the course of the Mothmen. I expect we'll be demoted to Gold from Diamond by the morning, but whatever, they need to get back on track.

So the first thing I did was to change the park dimensions and probabilities. I moved the fences way out except directly down both lines. I lowered homerun probability all the way down. Now I can use flyball pitchers I hope, and I hope that hitters labeled as pull or extreme pull would still be able to hit homers. Mainly I need guys who hit singles, doubles and triples since that's what the park is built for. Speed won't hurt.

For catcher I had to choose between Gary Carter, Charles Johnson, Thurman Munson, Wilson Ramos, and a few other great ones. I decided to try platooning Ramos and Carter, with Carter against lefties to start. I'll be ready to bail at any moment. All of the catchers I have are capable of hitting well in some seasons but terribly most seasons. Oh I've got Victor Martinez as well, who hit really well for me for 2 seasons. If either Ramos or Carter stink, then Martinez or Johnson will probably get chances. Ramos is the one who hits well most seasons and Johnson is the best fielder. He's supposed to be able to hit homers but it's never happened on my teams.

For pitching I'll start the season with a rotation of Wilbur Cooper - Len Barker - Larry Dierker - Mike Soroka - Hyun Jim Ryu. The last one is an experiment because I see he is the new Rick Porcello.

I found a number of players deactivated that I paid good pp to get in auctions, so now I understand why I came in last place.

One of them was Mitchell Page. I'm going to try playing him in right because I think he might eventually be a better right fielder than left. Whoops I just got disconnected from the server. I wonder if Mitchell Page will be deactivated again.

Yeah it's saying temporary server outage. OH WELL so much for trying to save the Mothmen!!!!!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:40 AM   #49
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

oy

First game for Mothmen-- Wilbur Cooper gets beat by Aaron Nola.

First game for No Budget Battle Beasts-- my expensive new Curt Schilling threw 117 pitches, struck out 11 in 8 innings, got named player of the game, and LOST to Kyle Hendricks 2-1.

It's already one of those seasons.

At least I seem to have succeeded in activating the 6-8 players the program deactivated, destroying my team last season.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #50
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Radicalization

After 25 games, the Mothmen are 3 games under .500 so I radically changed them. I changed 4 guys in the starting lineup-- trying to add guys that get on base and not guys who hit home runs. I'll keep my eyes open as much as I can to changing them more. I want fast guys who are on base all the time. I don't feel I have enough players with both good contact and a good eye. We'll see if this batch can do better than the last one. I've got Pete Rose in the lineup now, playing outfield and DHing. I've got Victor Martinez catching because Ramos couldn't get a hit. I dropped Machado for Scott Brosius. Machado for me either hits good from the start of the season or not at all. SInce he was struggling, I'll try Brosius and if he fails, maybe Nettles. Also, I brought up Roy A. Thomas to DH against righties. Some seasons he can hit like Rod Carew. Speaking of whom, I have the 1B Carew training at 2B. He's a bad fielder there but I've got great guys at a number of positions and pour defensive efficiency so far is 2nd overall, so I'm willing to risk the first baseman version of Carew at 2nd. Hopefully he'll be good at it before next season. I like having him in the lineup, he can hit better than Ichiro-- he's like Ichiro with some walks thrown in when he's going good.

Well here we go, let's see what happens today
Old 02-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #51
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Uggh

New configuration of the team loses 15-3, Keuchel's ERA is over 11.

Back to the drawing board. Maybe I should sell some players and get -- who? Besides Pedro Martinez, there are no sure fire pitchers in this game. I have all the ones you're supposed to have. I have Len Barker, I have Larry Dierker. I have Curt Schilling. Mike Soroka is my only hot pitcher at the moment.

If Dallas Keuchel has an 11 ERA I'm not sure what else to do on my budget.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 AM   #52
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Mothmen BAD Battle Beasts GOOD

Well the Mothmen still can't get over .500. We'll see if today is better, I made drastic changes to nearly the entire roster. I put in a bunch of relief pitchers in the bullpen which I almost never do. I got Chone FIggins for third because A. He's a great fielder, B. He's one of the only third basemen who can steal bases, and C. He has good contact and a good eye. Both of these teams now are in pitcher's ballparks so although I'd like to have one or two guys who can hit homers, I think we'd stand a better chance of winning if we have hitters who get on base and preferably can run fast.

On the Battle Beasts side, some of my changes are actually working out for the good for a change. I got Ronald Acuna Jr. is hitting .400 in his early going. We just won a game that I have to write about, it was quite epic.

The only homer we hit was by Rod Carew, but other than that it was an offensive onslaught. Ronald Acuna Jr Went 4-4 with 3 doubles and 5 RBI! McGwire and 3B Senzel had 2 RBIs each and Royce Lewis hit a triple! He's only been hitting .258 but his on base is up over .380 so I've been having him lead off in front of Carew, who is hitting .383 with .438 on base. I think I might flop them now though, Carew seems to only be heating up.

Besides all that though the really big story of the game is that Lefty Grove pitched a complete game 140 pitch (!!) masterpiece. He allowed 6 hits, no runs, 3 walks and SIXTEEN (16) strikeouts!

We still don't have a catcher who is hitting well but they aren't disastrous either. Munson is up to .294 with a .323 on base, and John Stearns is .256 with a .360 oba. Actually, that would be fine to get that from both of them the rest of the way, I would think.

Harvey Haddix, one of our starters, has gone cold. I have to decide what to do with him. I wanted to replace him with Dustin May in the rotation but May wasn't rested enough so I put Juan Marichal in there. Haddix is now in the bullpen as long relief and not to be used in high leverage situations. I hope he can get some work from the pen and get warm again. I have a number of good pitchers in the reserves to replace him with but I'd like to try to get him going again.

Flaherty and Bumgarner are both doing badly in the pen but neither has seen 20 innings yet and they're both good as starters, so I don't really want to send them down. I've got Rod Beck, Brandon Morrow and Keith Foulke as my 3 stopper/setup/closer guys. Beck is closer.

In the reserves for this team are Bryce Harper, Dallas Keuchel and WIlson Ramos, all of whom started the year with the team but couldn't play well. I don't want to sell them because they all might be great next season.

I got 2000 pp from that big game I described, but I think the team is doing well enough that the only imporvement I could make would be a more expensive player like Frank Tanana or something. So I'll let the 2000 ride and hope it builds and let this team as-is continue to see what it can do.

Right now the Battle Beasts are in first place by 2 games with a .642 win percentage (34-19). Nick Senzel is hitting .330 at 3rd, Eddie Collins Sr is hitting .365 at 2B, and Paul Waner is hitting .400 in LF. We've still got McGwire and Stanton, who have 11 and 9 HRs each, but we're mainly a "hit em where they ain't" kind of team now.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:23 PM   #53
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

today

Well today I saw that earlier, the Mothmen had improved to be over .500 and in fact were the 2nd wild card team of their Gold League! I don't know if they still are, but they seemed much improved.

Now I'm looking at the No Budget Battle Beasts in Bronze League, and they have the best record of any team in their standings! We have just won 14 games in a row. Six of our nine starting hitters are hitting over .320. Sixto Sanchez is 16-2, Lefty Grove (86) is 15-6. We picked up Larry Dierker when we sold Curt Schilling and Dierker has been 6-2 and 1.82 ERA. Mark McGwire has 30 HRs on August 15th. Nick Senzel at 3B has .439 OBP and 5.9 WAR! Eddie Collins Sr at 2B .338/.432/3.4 WAR with 23 Stolen Bases.

The team is first in runs scored, batting average, OBP, and stolen bases. We're 4th in rotation and the bullpen has been much improved lately.

So both teams are doing better today than yesterday, I'm happy to report.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #54
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

BBs win 116 games, Eulogy for the Mothmen

So this morning I see that the Mothmen missed the 2nd wild card slot by 1 game. I also see that the game DEACTIVATED HUNTER GREENE SO THAT I ONLY HAD 4 PITCHERS IN MY STARTING ROTATION. Also, Juan Gonzalez was no longer on auction, he was deactivated and back on my team as well. I could very well have missed the playoffs because of this glitch which I've been complaining about for MONTHS. Why is this not even addressed or acknowledged? Why am I ignored when I talk about this?

The only people the developers care about are the ones who chat with them live. They don't care about old guys who don't do any of that gamer stuff.

The Mothmen, who had been under .500 in the first half, got revamped and ended up coming in #1 in average, on base and stolen bases. It was a huge turnaround, thwarted by the game cheating to prevent us from winning YET AGAIN.

Let's see if my other team got raped by this glitch that will never be fixed as well.

Okay the No Budget Battle Beasts won their Bronze League division by 28 games! Twenty Eight. 116 wins and 46 losses.

We also have 19000 pp but I don't know why since I can't look at Recent Achievements. This is another glitch I complained about and I was told there's another place to look at achievements. Yes, there is but it's organized idiotically and doesn't tell you what happened most recently. You have to take an hour to read a bunch of stuff and then figure out which occurred most recently to read that version of it. So I'm really not competing on an even playing field with the other players and it's a wonder I can compete at all with a my hands and feet tied behind my back.

In spite of all these hardships, like I said, the No Budget Battle Beasts won by 28 games in Bronze. We were first in runs scored, average, on base, and stolen bases. Both teams were refitted with a pitcher's park-- also a doubles and triples park. So I got high contact and good eye hitters. No Strikeouts is nice but on base/eye and contact are the only things I cared about. Then, if it was a choice between two guys, fielding mattered second and running speed/stealing. I wanted guys on base and I wanted them running. For pitching I used old time guys with lots of stamina, and Future Legend cards because they usually play well. I was most concerned in collecting pitchers with control whenever possible. I tried to lean toward ground ball pitchers but it was a mix. Our star pitcher is Sixto Sanchez, who went 24-2 with a 3.03!!! Lefty Grove was 21-7. Larry Cierker joined us mid-season and went 10-3 with a 3.89. Rod Beck had a 2.44 ERA with 38 saves.

Nick Senzel hit .348 with 20 HRs and 120 RBI. Mark McGwire had 40 HRs and 131 RBI. Paul Waner hit .366, Rod Carew hit .338, Munson hit .336, Ichiro hit .339.

Senzel led the team with 7.9 WAR. Sixto Sanchez led the pitchers with 5.7 WAR.

It's only the Bronze League but this is the best any of my teams have ever done. ANd we have 19,000 pp for some reason that we can try to get some great new addition to the team with tomorrow-- or maybe I should let it ride for a while until I can afford a truly great 100 player? I have to rewatch Snaggle J's video about the players everyone thinks are the most valuable. I'm not going to wait till I have 300,000 pp, I'd probably want to try to get someone in the 20,000-35,000 range max. I don't think I could get Pedro with that money. Another option is buying 19 packs but I'm not really a gambler. The idea of spending all that and maybe ending up with 6 new bronze cards at best is not a comforting thought. I'm looking in the auction house now and the most expensive guys I can afford are guys like BEN ZOBRIST. ?!?!?!?!? Why would anyone spend the equivalent of $19 on BEN ZOBRIST? Bizarrely, the Ozzie SMith 78 card is there for 19000 pp. I have the 74 Ozzie SMith and he's my backup infielder on both teams. I wouldn't trade him for the 19k version. These players are all terrible or would be terrible for my team. Pudge Rodriguez has no eye at all. I need to upgrade fielding this season if possible. Maybe the money should be spent on minor improvements or maybe I should just let it build for another season or two before spending.

Mickey Cochrane is interesting. He has a good eye and is a decent fielding catcher. His contact is only 62 which isn't terrible but is far from elite. For me to spend 18000 for a player, he would need to be great every season and this one looks like he'd hit .187 some seasons and .250 others but with a lot of walks in both cases. Tim McCarver card for $13-- no eye. Valueless to me. Ted Simmons 88 would have been great in our old smaller ball park. Joe Torre-- no eye, mediocre fielding. Jorge Posada-- he's over rated in fielding, Posada was never very good and Girardi hated him for it. He was never a 91 fielding like this card says. Still, he has a good eye (71). Mediocre contact. Future Legend Mejia -- mediocre fielding, eye. Rich Gedman, good field, no eye. Very disappointed with the catchers available so far. Now we're down into guys I've tried before on the Mothmen-- Scioscia, Bob Boone, Victor Martinez, Charles Johnson. I like Johnson as a backup because he's such a great fielder, but he's never hit for me. Scioscia and Boone didn't hit for me either but I can see how they can have a lucky season here and there. Victor Martinez has always hit well for the Mothmen so far. He's due for a bad season. I haven't got the money for Roy Campanella-- is he good every season? Is there a catcher who is good every season?

I forgot that the post season is today, at least for the Battle Beasts. I have lost interest in post seasons, they're random and the best team almost never wins. I have lost interest in the post season in real baseball as well.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:16 AM   #55
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

For the post season

I dropped Charlie Morton even though he pitched very well to make room for Bryce Harper to be an extra pinch hitter/backup outfielder. He had a terrible season and got demoted but he's probably the best guy available in reserves. I'm going with a four man pitching staff --

SIXTO (Future Legend)
LARRY DIERKER (Unsung 1969)
LEFTY GROVE (Record Breaker 1936)
DON MOSSI (Unsung 1959)
Old 03-11-2019, 05:29 AM   #56
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

No Budget Battle Beasts lose Bronze series in 7 games

They beat Cy Young in game 7 to take it. The guys who beat us were scrubs, guys with .318 on base percentages. They were a home run hitting team with no on base and a pitchign staff inferior to ours. We failed. We should have beaten that team.

Do I graduate to gold now?

This is the closest I've come to winning with any team. We should have won this one but we failed just as much as they succeeded. We have no excuses. This was our one chance and we blew it.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:47 AM   #57
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Won a Silver World Series

I've been too busy to write here but I won the Silver World Series with my No Budget team last week. This week in Gold my No Budget team sucked so I sold off Cy Young and anyone worth anything and rebooted. We got a Mookie Betts card, my first 100 card, and although we need another pitcher or two I think this coming week will be better than last week.

Meanwhile, my Mothmen team won their division in Gold and are in the playoffs starting later today.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:40 PM   #58
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Larry Dierker in Bronze League Kills

I started a new team because I always get bored when they hit gold level. They're called the Nonexistent Nonentities and their version of Larry Dierker is 22-4 on September 6th with a WAR of 8.6, projecting to 10 right now. The team is 15th in home runs and 7th in fielding but is first or 2nd in every other category. Ozzie Smith has 40 steals and 7 caught stealings. The team is 90-48 and I'm realizing this is most likely the last time I'm ever going to get to play a bronze league in this game. I have to get the 2020 version eventually. It makes me a bit sad that this game is going away so soon but what can you do? I'm sure the 2020 version is better and I'll miss that one just as much moving into 2021.

I wish there were some way to continue playing your teams through each new version and that they could function as updates more than new games.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #59
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Jerry Blevins in the Post Season

We just won the Bronze League Division series in a sweep and the guy who got the save in Game 3 is a 49-rated card for Jerry Blevins. He's been too good to replace him.

So the Nonexistent Nonentities ended up 106-56. Hank Greenberg led the league in Homers 39 Slugging .565, rbis 144 and OPS .948 but did not lead the league in WAR which makes me question the reality of WAR.

Marichal and Wilbur Wood both went 20-9 and Dierker led the league with 22 wins. Dierker led the league with 8.3 WAR and Marichal was 3rd with 6.8. That's the 79-rated Marichal. Wilbur Wood led the league in complete games with 13! Marichal led the league with a 1.09 WHIP. Dierker led the league with 2.79 FIP

Next we play the Alaska Red Wolves who were 90-72 on the season in the sub-league series.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #60
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Nonexistent Nonentities Going to the World Series!

We won 112 games in the Bronze league. Hank Greenberg led the league in RBIs 143 and Albert Pujols came in second with 133. Pujols hit .321, Greenberg hit 43 homers. Greenberg led the league with .601 slugging, 382 Total Bases, and 123 runs scored. Pujols came in second in WAR with 7.7. Greenberg and Pujols were also 1 and 2 in Extra Base Hits (97, 84). They came in after Trout on OPS and WOBA.

In terms of pitching, Dierker had a very bad year but Adonis Medina went 20-2 with a 2.31 ERA!!! He's been stinking in the post season though, I'm thinking of replacing him with David Wells, no lie. Wells had to relieve him early to win the last playoff game and get us into the Series. Juan Marichal led the league with both a 7.4 k/bb and 1.1bb/9. Medina and Raschi tied for league lead with 1.01 WHIP. Medina led the league with a .909 winning percentage. Joakim Soria led the league with 27 holds.

We were 9th in defense, 3rd in home runs and bullpen, 2nd in runs against, and 1st in everything else as a team.

We are waiting to find if we play the Medievals or the Sparks. One of them won 99 games and the other won 100 so it should be a tough contest. I hope they tire out all their pitchers, as we at least know ours will be well rested. They will need the rest as we had to win multiple extra inning games to get this far into the post season.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I win my first Bronze League World Series!