Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #41
Renner
Major Leagues

No more issues. Everything is running great! Thanks guys!!
Old 08-17-2018, 02:20 PM   #42
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
He did ?? Followed those instructions to the letter----game is still a mess-----if that is addressing the problem your definition and mine of solving a problem are quite different !
Yet you didn't reply to him and tell him that. You're really not helping yourself with the way you're acting or the way you're "attempting" to get help.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #43
bosunmate
All Star Starter

So far everything seems okay as a simmer, the only thing I now notice that when you look at the scouting report on a player the graphs are all messed up. But I know you guys will fix it when you get around to it. This is the first time since the game came out that I've had any problems so
far. And well i'm here thank you guy's for adding to the shop player experience...Rick
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #44
rink23
Hall Of Famer

My game is still f'ed up. I play off the Steam update.

While it is faster than it was, two days ago, lineup changes are slow to take and you get the blue circle of death between each action on the game screen.

It also is playing in 2D, with 3D not being an option.
This is in openGL troubleshooting mode.
I put it back to regular mode and I cannot get past the lineup screen as it freezes after clicking start game.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:52 PM   #45
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23 View Post
My game is still f'ed up. I play off the Steam update.

While it is faster than it was, two days ago, lineup changes are slow to take and you get the blue circle of death between each action on the game screen.

It also is playing in 2D, with 3D not being an option.
This is in openGL troubleshooting mode.
I put it back to regular mode and I cannot get past the lineup screen as it freezes after clicking start game.
Ok, so sounds like there are probably some video card and open GL related issues going on. Did you post your specs already? Sorry, hard to remember who did and didn't!

If you haven't done so yet, can you update your video card drivers and restart your system. Try again and tell me if anything changes at all and we'll go from there.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #46
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Not all that tech savvy, but I would guess that my windows 10 video card driver, which was listed as display adapter, is AMD Raedon HD 7450.
It was to the latest update.

I posted the rest of my info earlier, but I cannot remember which thread, so here it is again (probably too much, but I sent it all):

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model h8-1234
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU H2L72AA#ABA
Processor AMD FX(tm)-6120 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI An2_705, 4/17/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1"
User Name Mike-HP\Mike
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 10.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 9.77 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.92 GB
Total Virtual Memory 12.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 7.86 GB
Page File Space 2.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Will be out for a few hours but will give game ago when I return. -- THANKS
Old 08-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #47
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not all that tech savvy, but I would guess that my windows 10 video card driver, which was listed as display adapter, is AMD Raedon HD 7450.
It was to the latest update.
It is quite likely that you are on the latest driver version, which is the Catalyst suite 15.7.1 released 7/29/2015. However, this an older graphics card and that could be part of your issue.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #48
caniwi
Bat Boy

I'm up and running again as well ... I am also seeing the graphs on the scouting report being offset ... skewed to the bottom of the graph. Other than that things are good, so far.
caniwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #49
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

This is ridiculous. I owned the original Out of the Park Baseball and every single iteration since. I went through the OOTP 6 fiasco, have loved this game forever but it's no longer a great baseball game---the developers seem much more interested in what the newest, fanciest gimmick they can add is and the result is this game. A game that was working just fine until they "patched it". Now they are not even able to figure out what they did to cause this breakdown, sadly I am finished with OOTP. There are other good baseball sims on the market, not as flashy and not as "today" as this one, but then baseball is a very basic simple game and I just want to be able to play the game I purchased. That cannot be done with OOTP anymore.
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #50
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
How bad is the lag and what are the specs of your system?
I'm getting some lag as well. Probably 3-4 seconds from the time you click a player file or menu and when it shows up.

PC. Ryzen 5. 16GB RAM. GTX 1070. Installed to an SSD.

The lag started with .64 and has continued to .70.

Once you get into the game to play it out things seem fine. Its through the menus before getting to the game that sees the most lag.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:30 PM   #51
kosmos412
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
This is ridiculous. I owned the original Out of the Park Baseball and every single iteration since. I went through the OOTP 6 fiasco, have loved this game forever but it's no longer a great baseball game---the developers seem much more interested in what the newest, fanciest gimmick they can add is and the result is this game. A game that was working just fine until they "patched it". Now they are not even able to figure out what they did to cause this breakdown, sadly I am finished with OOTP. There are other good baseball sims on the market, not as flashy and not as "today" as this one, but then baseball is a very basic simple game and I just want to be able to play the game I purchased. That cannot be done with OOTP anymore.

^
Would you quit being hysterical please?
They have quickly addressed these issues that came up, that have seemed to been fixed for most so far, and they have attempted to help you.
kosmos412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #52
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos412 View Post
^
Would you quit being hysterical please?
They have quickly addressed these issues that came up, that have seemed to been fixed for most so far, and they have attempted to help you.
give him a refund, be done with it.. worth it.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #53
rink23
Hall Of Famer

So, I may need to install a new graphics card or is there a way to update the one I have online or something like that?
Old 08-17-2018, 05:16 PM   #54
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, I may need to install a new graphics card or is there a way to update the one I have online or something like that?
I would suggest starting a brand new 2018 quickstart and play a few games to see if the issues are there. If so, you know that they are probably due to hardware/driver problems and not file corruption. If not, then it might be your league files becoming corrupted by all of the crashes.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #55
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

Um, is it safe to download the latest patch now? I haven't downloaded anything yet this week...been following message board
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #56
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelz View Post
I'm getting some lag as well. Probably 3-4 seconds from the time you click a player file or menu and when it shows up.

PC. Ryzen 5. 16GB RAM. GTX 1070. Installed to an SSD.

The lag started with .64 and has continued to .70.

Once you get into the game to play it out things seem fine. Its through the menus before getting to the game that sees the most lag.
This is me as well. I play 2D Classic. Play to play is fine. The same as it's been from the start. If I click on a teams lineup, I get at least 3 seconds of blue spin before the lineup loads. Getting about 3 or 4 seconds at the end of the game before boxscore displays, but for the life of me, I can't remember if that's new or been that way all along.

AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor 3.10GZ
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #57
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Started a new saved league.
Same issues, lag in lineup screen and game -- about three seconds of blue circle of death between actions -- simmed final eight innings.
Clicked leave game and it no responsed out. No crash, nothing happened for 2-3 minute and I bailed on it.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:26 PM   #58
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballman2K5 View Post
Um, is it safe to download the latest patch now? I haven't downloaded anything yet this week...been following message board
YMMV but honestly it seems most are not having any problems.
Attached Images
Old 08-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #59
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Started a new saved league.
Same issues, lag in lineup screen and game -- about three seconds of blue circle of death between actions -- simmed final eight innings.
Clicked leave game and it no responsed out. No crash, nothing happened for 2-3 minute and I bailed on it.

I think at this point you should continue to work with Lukas to troubleshoot, but at least you know that it is not your league. So if you can solve the issue, your league is likely fine to continue playing. There are still other people reporting issues, so you might want to wait a bit before going to the extreme of buying new hardware that may or may not solve your problem.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #60
3fbrown
Major Leagues

New version no longer crashes for me, on my Mac. I do see the weird scouting graphs as reported earlier. But as far as I can tell with my brief simming (simmed through a few years of a league), there were no problems.
3fbrown is offline   Reply With Quote