Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:27 AM   #1
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Cool August 1st 2018 Roster Update/Quickstart

Hi all!

We wanted to give the community a little present of an updated roster set. This quickstart begins at Opening Day but it includes rosters that are updated to reflect the current rosters as of the trade deadline, August 1st.

So if you want to play out the year and see how your team would have done with its current rosters all year, now you can do so.

For the most part all we've done is updated transactions. There may be a few ratings changes, but they certainly aren't comprehensive.

Plus 2018 draftees and amateur fa signings are not updated to their new teams, as we've left them in the draft for now.

http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com...s_august_1.zip

The above package contains both a new quickstart file and a wtp file you can use to replace the template file currently in OOTP and start a new game with these rosters.

To install the quickstart, download the above file and unzip it to your quickstarts folder. Go to your game settings, on the last tab, there is a button to open your data folder. From there navigate to the quickstarts folder and unzip the file. Then you should be able to start a new quickstart game from this. By default, this will overwrite the OD quickstart. If you want to keep that, first rename it to something else, like Majors_OD.quick before you unzip this file in the quickstart_games folder.

If you want to replace the .wtp file so that you can use these rosters in a new standard game so you can select which leagues you want to include, you can do the following:

Navigate to your main OOTP data folder and then to the folder called world_templates. For most default installations of the game on Windows you should be able to find it at C:\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\world_templates

Once you get there make a backup of the file already in that folder called default.wtp

Then unzip this file into the folder. Then start the game as normal, select the 'standard game' option and then pick which leagues you'd like to include. Then the game will create a new universe for you using these updated rosters!

Hope you enjoy this!

As always, thanks so much for supporting us and for being such a fantastic community!

The OOTP Developments Team

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-14-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
holden57
Bat Boy

Any idea how to do this via steam on Mac? I’ve found the local game files and replaced the default roster file as instructed but every time I start a new game the rosters have not changed. Thanks in advance
holden57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #3
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Okay so I have the quickstart unzipped into this folder, but it doesnt show up under available quickstarts, did i do something wrong?
Attached Images
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:27 AM   #4
badamsufl
Bat Boy

I am really struggling with this this time. I unzipped it like how you said to do it in the quickstart folder and followed all instructions, but I'm not getting it. I even uninstalled/reinstalled all the data files for the game and I just can't get it to work. It looks like I have it exactly the same as wallewalls above me.

I've done this successfully, without any issues, the last couple of years when you came out with roster mods, but for some reason it's not working this year.

Thanks!

Last edited by badamsufl; 08-03-2018 at 12:30 AM.
badamsufl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Injured List not up to date.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:23 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden57 View Post
Any idea how to do this via steam on Mac? I’ve found the local game files and replaced the default roster file as instructed but every time I start a new game the rosters have not changed. Thanks in advance
It's no different on Steam as on the regular version. You must've done something wrong, but without knowing just what you did it's really hard to say what it might've been. Maybe just try again and see if that fixes things.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-03-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Okay so I have the quickstart unzipped into this folder, but it doesnt show up under available quickstarts, did i do something wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badamsufl View Post
I am really struggling with this this time. I unzipped it like how you said to do it in the quickstart folder and followed all instructions, but I'm not getting it. I even uninstalled/reinstalled all the data files for the game and I just can't get it to work. It looks like I have it exactly the same as wallewalls above me.

I've done this successfully, without any issues, the last couple of years when you came out with roster mods, but for some reason it's not working this year.

Thanks!
It looks like you guys just put the whole package directly in the quickstarts folder.

You need to unzip the quickstart just as it's packed, and only put the quickstart specific files in the quickstart folder. The folder it ends up being in needs to be named Majors.quick

Or it can be named something else if you want, but whatever it's named, the folder at least has to end in .quick and the actual file need to be directly in that folder, only one level down.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-03-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:28 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Injured List not up to date.
Nope, we never said it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
For the most part all we've done is updated transactions.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #9
badamsufl
Bat Boy

Quote:
It looks like you guys just put the whole package directly in the quickstarts folder.

You need to unzip the quickstart just as it's packed, and only put the quickstart specific files in the quickstart folder. The folder it ends up being in needs to be named Majors.quick

Or it can be named something else if you want, but whatever it's named, the folder at least has to end in .quick and the actual file need to be directly in that folder, only one level down.

Thanks. I'm still struggling getting it. Judging by the other QuickStarts that I have in there, the 3 documents that I need in the folder is description, the win zip file, and reset_picture_info.flag. I deleted all the other files from that folder that I created. The good news is that my folder now shows up in the Quickstart, but it says that I need to Download it in the Add-On Central. I went there and the only things I can download is Skins. The image is attached. I've reloaded the list, I've gone in the download file and the quickstart file is in there, but it's not letting me download.

I copied the Quickstart into the download folder hoping that would now show up, but it doesn't show up to download. I've also done the same thing with it just being essentially put into the Majors.quick folder as a default. When I load that it's still the Opening Day roster set.

Sorry for being a pain! Thanks for all the help.
Attached Images

Last edited by badamsufl; 08-03-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Yes we know that but because updated Rosters might want to update Injured List to them Rosters might be accurate as of today. Know Standings aren't.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:15 AM   #11
bravesfan1984
Bat Boy

I am a complete newbie to OOTP and I'm struggling getting this to work. Is there any possible way to include a detailed video or some type of directions?

EDIT: Got it to work after playing around with it a bit more. Awesome update guys, really appreciate it!

Last edited by bravesfan1984; 08-04-2018 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Figured it out
bravesfan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:23 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by badamsufl View Post
Thanks. I'm still struggling getting it. Judging by the other QuickStarts that I have in there, the 3 documents that I need in the folder is description, the win zip file, and reset_picture_info.flag. I deleted all the other files from that folder that I created. The good news is that my folder now shows up in the Quickstart, but it says that I need to Download it in the Add-On Central. I went there and the only things I can download is Skins. The image is attached. I've reloaded the list, I've gone in the download file and the quickstart file is in there, but it's not letting me download.

I copied the Quickstart into the download folder hoping that would now show up, but it doesn't show up to download. I've also done the same thing with it just being essentially put into the Majors.quick folder as a default. When I load that it's still the Opening Day roster set.

Sorry for being a pain! Thanks for all the help.
Are you on the latest patch? I'd guess you aren't and that's why you're getting the message about downloading. You shouldn't have to download anything beyond the initial package from here, but I think you can get that message if you're on an old patch that's not compatible with the quickstart.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #13
DJP53916
Minors (Double A)

Ok. Either I'm an idiot (which is certainly possible here), or this is too complicated, because I am not getting how to do this.
DJP53916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:13 AM   #14
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
For anyone struggling, this video from OOTP goes through the process of installing a quickstart. This video is what helped me get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zGpO8_JHCw
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #15
badamsufl
Bat Boy

Quote:
Are you on the latest patch? I'd guess you aren't and that's why you're getting the message about downloading. You shouldn't have to download anything beyond the initial package from here, but I think you can get that message if you're on an old patch that's not compatible with the quickstart.

That's what happened. Thanks! Sorry about that.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #16
McElwaine
Minors (Single A)

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong with this quickstart. I've done everything step by step and it's not working. I even reinstalled the patch and game. Still won't show up in quick start. Please help me. I'm on a Macbook.
McElwaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:35 AM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by McElwaine View Post
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong with this quickstart. I've done everything step by step and it's not working. I even reinstalled the patch and game. Still won't show up in quick start. Please help me. I'm on a Macbook.
My best guess is that you're unzipping the quickstart in a subfolder rather than directly in a folder that ends in .quick

See the discussion on that higher up in the thread.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #18
DJP53916
Minors (Double A)

This clearly is way over my head for what I can understand. I just don't get it. I don't understand it. It makes no sense at all to me, and the video and the instructions are not helping me at all.

I'm sorry.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #19
RchW
Hall Of Famer

From what I can see, depending on what extraction utility used the Majors.quick file ends up buried under a folder called rosters_august_1 created by default. When using 7zip extract here command it goes to the right spot.

If you see rosters_august_1 folder just cut and paste Majors.quick up one level to the quickstart_games folder.
Attached Images
Image Image 

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #20
DJP53916
Minors (Double A)

I guess that's the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
From what I can see, depending on what extraction utility used the Majors.quick file ends up buried under a folder called rosters_august_1 created by default. When using 7zip extract here command it goes to the right spot.

If you see rosters_august_1 folder just cut and paste Majors.quick up one level to the quickstart_games folder.
Well, I finally found that file, but it just doesn't work for me.

I don't recall having to ever do it this way in the past to get updated rosters, yet I've managed to get update rosters in past releases. Is this new for this version, or was it always like this, and somehow I managed to accidently "figure it out" without having any clue whatsoever how I did it?

At any rate, I'm just going to give up on trying to make this work. This whole zipping and unzipping files and stuff like that never made a bit of sense to me anyways. I guess it's just not meant to be.

Last edited by DJP53916; 08-05-2018 at 03:09 PM.