Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

View Poll Results: What Does Your Universe Look Like?
Just MLB 22 10.73%
MLB & All International Leagues? 26 12.68%
MLB & Some International Leagues 12 5.85%
Fictional 104 50.73%
Historical 41 20.00%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #61
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjbock View Post
Standard MLB world, but with fictional players.

Most international leagues.

1 experimental independent league (40 man active rosters, no transactions allowed, players can be sold to MLB. All players on 1 year deals. Fantasy draft each year the day after the MLB draft).
which leagues are you using, and why?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #62
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
which leagues are you using, and why?

Cuba. I’ve been thinking about that a lot since you brought it up. I mean my parents just traveled to Cuba so I am thinking I should tinker with the league so maybe they can possibly leave if they want to. Or maybe a posting system like Japanese. Gonna do a deep dive and figure out how we can get some of those dudes to the mainland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #63
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Posting is likely the only solution until/if defection is added as a financial option. The big question for now however, is what should the maximum posting fee be?
Old 04-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #64
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtizzle View Post
Cuba. I’ve been thinking about that a lot since you brought it up. I mean my parents just traveled to Cuba so I am thinking I should tinker with the league so maybe they can possibly leave if they want to. Or maybe a posting system like Japanese. Gonna do a deep dive and figure out how we can get some of those dudes to the mainland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my fictional I run with all leagues and I usually just use a posting system to represent defectors, not perfect but at least I get Cuban players that will show up in other leagues that way. Trevor L.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:51 AM   #65
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnlange View Post
In my fictional I run with all leagues and I usually just use a posting system to represent defectors, not perfect but at least I get Cuban players that will show up in other leagues that way. Trevor L.
what is the maximum bid?
Old 04-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #66
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
what is the maximum bid?
I run a sim starting at 1871 and add the Cuban league in 1934. I usually run reserve clause in Cuba till about 1950 and then put a posting fee of around $40000-$50000 after that. I am not going for straight historical since I run fictional but it works for me. I get a handful of Cuban players and it feels right for me. Trevor L.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #67
mjryan65
Minors (Double A)

Fictional NCAA with 108 teams across the top 10 conferences (by 2017 RPI)

No minor leagues. No financials.

The draft is done with external software that allows coaches to recruit players who make their decisions based on:
1 - local school
2 - expected playing time (calculated based on ratings at same position on existing rosters)
3) - coach reputation
4) - school historical reputation
5) - and even school academic reputation if the player is 'intelligent'
mjryan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #68
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjryan65 View Post
Fictional NCAA with 108 teams across the top 10 conferences (by 2017 RPI)

No minor leagues. No financials.

The draft is done with external software that allows coaches to recruit players who make their decisions based on:
1 - local school
2 - expected playing time (calculated based on ratings at same position on existing rosters)
3) - coach reputation
4) - school historical reputation
5) - and even school academic reputation if the player is 'intelligent'
This sounds incredibly fun. I assume the external software isn't publicly available?
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:18 AM   #69
sexyteeroy
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnlange View Post
How do you set up the posting system for your leagues? I've never been clear on how to do this or if it's already set up. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
sexyteeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #70
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyteeroy View Post
How do you set up the posting system for your leagues? I've never been clear on how to do this or if it's already set up. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It will be under "Financials" as long as the "reserve clause" is not checked, then there will be a line that allows posting. Make sure it is checked then it will have you state that the maximum posting fee will be. Enter whatever you feel is good and the league will then post players occasianally. Off the top of my head I cannot remember the date but i think it is fall. Trevor L.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #71
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

I mostly play Fictional but I did start a default OOTP 19 MLB league that I "wake up" to on my days off.

I play out all my games so it takes a while to progress. My Fictional league started in 2000 and is up to June of 2032. 2 10-team leagues, 2 divisions, no wild cards, no interleague, 5 levels of minors. Think I started that league about 5 or 6 years ago.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #72
vintagesport
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A random debut league with actual teams. 1984, 5 Year Recalc. Started in 1901, currently in 1902.

Stars- Mike Schmidt, Johnny Mize, Aubrey Huff, Nolan Ryan, Bert Blyleven, Mitch Moreland, Rookie Joe Gordon
Teams- St. Louis Browns- Miguel Cabrera, Troy Tulowitski, Tommy Harper, Luis Tiant led the AL Browns to the first AL Pennant
Noddles Hahn (Triple Crown Pitching), Darrell Porter, and Matt Carpenter led the Cardinals to the NL Title and World Series 4-3 over Browns. Including 3 straight.

Aubrey Huff led the Majors with 56 HR, 150 RBI
Noodles Hahn ERA 1.85, 1 Strikeout short of the All Time mark of 341 set in 1890 by Amos Rusie.
vintagesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #73
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I just imported two worlds from OOTP18 plus I already had 2 worlds with OOTP19.

All fictional with 200 plus team leagues w/70 team playoffs(playoffs haven't worked properly in awhile and waiting too see if it runs better with OOTP19).

I use present day players(including Mexican League) along with MLB players from 1977 and 1965 along with fictional players.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #74
mjryan65
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highandoutside View Post
This sounds incredibly fun. I assume the external software isn't publicly available?
Sorry. My programming skills stop short of anything 'publishable' Software isn't user friendly at all. The pros at OOTP could probably incorporate this functionality during their lunch break.
mjryan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:53 AM   #75
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Will be starting a long-term modern day save with all international and independents (minus Cuba), along with the WBC, AFL, and any winter leagues I might want to add (not sure about the last one though).

Just debating on if I want to start as a MLB GM right away, or start as a low minors manager and work my way up.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:57 PM   #76
daves
Hall Of Famer

Never realized how many prefer fictional. So much for roster updates?

Do anyone not play in 3D?

I for one don't, but I am seeing a lot of comments and updates for 3D more than other features?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:30 PM   #77
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post

I for one don't, but I am seeing a lot of comments and updates for 3D more than other features?
I play fictional and 2D.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #78
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I've been using a ton of the 3D so far.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:51 PM   #79
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I am curious what people who use international leagues think of the posting system within OOTP? This could deserve its own thread, but I figure here might be as good a place as any.

How realistic do people find it? How does the AI handle it both from the perspectives of the posting and bidding teams?
Old 05-07-2018, 12:23 AM   #80
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:

I've never played in 3D but I'll probably be tempted to try in 19 when I get it.

As to the original query, I said fictional because even when I play with the MLB quickstart I change team names or logos, do an expansion draft, eliminate some minor leagues, etc.

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!

Last edited by BBGiovanni; 05-07-2018 at 12:25 AM.
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote