Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:57 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Release Day Info!

UPDATE: The game is now live on our website, Steam and Origin! Enjoy!
Update 2: The game is now live on the Mac AppStore.

Okay friends, today is the official launch of OOTP 19!

To say the beta release on Monday was a success is a vast understatement. The reactions to the game has been so overwhelmingly positive that we still can't believe it and are in positive shock. Also, the beta launch was incredibly smooth and stable, very few issues arose and 99.9% of them will be fixed in today's release.

Launch time
We have launched the game at 9 EDT on our website, Steam and Origin. The Mac AppStore version is now live as well.

Update info:
If you have already installed the beta from Monday, simply download the game (links are below) and install it over the existing beta installation. That's it No need to uninstall or unlicense. But of course, make sure you quit OOTP before installing the new version.

Changes since beta release, release build is version 19.1.38
- Improved default rosters, added 2017 MLB manager history and MLB player career postseason & L/R splits to MLB quickstart & standard games (need to create a new game for changes to apply)
- Improved 3D animations and some ballparks (eg. Fenway)
- Fixed neutralized stats in historical leagues
- Improved pre-1900 schedules and roster setup
- Adjusted HOF criteria for C+RP
- Fixed PECOS league teams not signing enough SP
- Fixed uniform number assignment
- Adjusted FA contract demands
- Looking for city names and nick names now as well when searching small team logos
- Fixed time of day calculation for twilight/evening games
- Fixed several 3D in-game player movements
- Fixed several cosmetic issues and other bugs

Known issues
As I mentioned, this was the best release ever for us, but there have been a handful of users who are experiencing random game lockups while playing the game. We are still investigating this, but for now the workaround is to switch the game to fullscreen mode (Settings Dialog -> Display Mode -> Fullscreen).
Also, the eSellerate version is missing the extra fonts, so changing fonts is not possible. This will be fixed in patch 1 early next week.

Here are the download links for the final release eSellerate Version:
PC: PC Installer
Mac: Mac OSX Installer
Linux: Linux Installer

Installation for eSellerate pre-order customers who have NOT installed Monday's beta
1) Locate your serial number, you will need it today. You can find it in the confirmation email of your purchase, below the line that says "REGISTRATION INFORMATION". The serial number looks like this: OOTP19-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

If you cannot find the confirmation email, no problem. eSellerate has an after-purchase-support page, where you can find all your orders and receipts online. Please open the after-sales-support page here. Next to "Finding your order number", in the second section on that page, enter the email address that you used when you made the purchase.

2) We will send you an email to the email account you used for ordering once the game is ready to go (around 6 AM ET). The email will include the link to the setup files (one each for PC, Mac or Linux). You should, to be sure, check your spam folders too when looking for the email. Also, if you unsubscribed our newsletter in the past couple of years, you will not receive an email because you are blocked from our list. If that is the case, please email lukas@ootpdevelopments.com or andreas@ootpdevelopments.com with your order receipt, he will review it and reply with an email containing the links.

2b) We will also post the download links here in the forum, so you will not have to wait for the links to arrive via email.

3) After you have downloaded and installed the game, the main screen will have the buttons "Purchase" and "Enter License Key" enabled. Click on the latter button, and then enter your license key into the box which comes up. You can use copy & paste, pasting on the PC works by hitting CTRL + V, on the Mac it's Cmd(Apple) + V. Again, the serial looks like this: OOTP19-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX ... the complete string is needed, including the "OOTP19"! Make sure you have no white spaces at the beginning or end.

4) It may take a few tries to activate the game, the servers will probably be rather busy. Unfortunately, this is out of our control, so you may have to be a bit patient. If you are having consistent trouble, please try disabling your firewall / virus scanner for the activation process.

5) If you still have problems activating the game, please read the following article in our knowledge base: Activation Problems - Help Desk

Alright... that's it. 5 hours left!

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-23-2018 at 05:46 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:43 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Also, if we're replied to your bug report and mentioned it's been fixed, then it should be in this release too

Thanks everyone for your support, and hope you all have a great weekend!
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:57 AM   #3
gamefan1978
Minors (Single A)

Super smooth beta release! Can’t wait for more people to check out the game it’s a good one.
gamefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #4
SamA29
Bat Boy

6am ET is that US EDT?

Sam
SamA29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:25 AM   #5
Clavette
Major Leagues

Looks like steam has a 11-12 est release
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

9 AM EDT, yes. Everywhere, including Steam.

Edit: Typo. I meant 9 AM EDT.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-22-2018 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #7
dward1
All Star Reserve

I assume you mean in 3 minutes, which is 7 AM EDT?
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #8
Yick
Minors (Double A)

Is there a roster update in this release between from now and when the beta was released? There has been a surprising amount of action between now and then. (You may have addressed this with "Improved default rosters", but I wasn't sure if that meant an update with trades and signings or just starting lineups from the rosters that were already there.)

Last edited by Yick; 03-22-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Yick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #9
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Yes - transactions (Cobb to Baltimore) as well as updates to injuries, and ratings adjustments, especially Stuff ratings for SP’s. I’d highly suggest using rosters for today’s release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yick View Post
Is there a roster update in this release between from now and when the beta was released? There has been a surprising amount of action between now and then. (You may have addressed this with "Improved default rosters", but I wasn't sure if that meant an update with trades and signings or just starting lineups from the rosters that were already there.)
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:36 AM   #10
philthepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yick View Post
Today's release has Alex Cobb on the Orioles, Ji-Hwan Bae on the Pirates... so in short, yes

Edit: Beaten to it...

Last edited by philthepat; 03-22-2018 at 08:37 AM.
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #11
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
Yes - transactions (Cobb to Baltimore) as well as updates to injuries, and ratings adjustments, especially Stuff ratings for SP’s. I’d highly suggest using rosters for today’s release
As much as it killed me to have already downloaded the game. I waited for today for that exact reason. It’s Christmas time in my house
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Game is live!

Here are the download links for the final eSellerate release Version:
PC: PC Installer
Mac: Mac OSX Installer
Linux: Linux Installer

Origin is live, too.

Steam will be at noon EDT.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-22-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:06 AM   #13
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

If I already started my standard season, is it advised to start over with the final version?

*I wont mind, Thor got injured in the season opener*
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
If I already started my standard season, is it advised to start over with the final version?

*I wont mind, Thor got injured in the season opener*
If you want the updated rosters, you'll need to start a new game.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:10 AM   #15
Yick
Minors (Double A)

Did whatever a "Sam Gaviglio" is make it onto the Jays?!

(Note: I don't actually care :P)
Yick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #16
mars001
All Star Reserve

Is there a second download server? My download session says its going to take 8 hours.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #17
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you want the updated rosters, you'll need to start a new game.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

UPDATE: Looks like we cannot manually end the Steam pre-order, which runs out at noon EDT. So, Steam customers have to wait a couple more hours I'm afraid.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #19
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
I never got an email with the links!
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #20
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post