Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Your OOTP 19 Plans

OOTP 19 looks like it’s going to be great, with all sorts of improvements to the “core” game and a lot of minor tweaks. So, I’m curious how folks plan to start playing this version of the game (and I'm not talking about that first day, calling-in work and convincing the wife or whatever that you need a large chunk of hobby time that weekend, although I like reading about that stuff too).

So how do you plan to start playing OOTP 19 and how will you approach it (will you play out all of the games this year, do season sims, on-line leagues, all of the above)? Are you importing an old league? Will you start a new fictional baseball world? Will you just continue an established on-line league?

Are you going with a new 2018 MLB start and if so, what kind of basic settings will you use and what team will you manage?
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

I will start off.

I’m likely going to be importing my 2017 MLB Orioles start from OOTP 18. I’m currently in 2019, about half-way through the season; yes, I restarted a couple games. I’m likely going to restart one last time before OOTP 19, as real-life had me trying to cram-in games late this weekend, way past my bed-time and I really messed-up my save, as I got into September, but I’m not restarting past this latest league-back-up date (which dates from about two weeks past the 2019 draft) and I’m not going to do that again no matter what; I will be more “diligent” in my pacing and play-time. Anyway, I plan to import this 2017 MLB start to OOTP 19.

I play out all of my games (at bat) and my settings will be the standard out-of-the box settings, with these notes:

*20 to 80 ratings scale

*No stars (this has been great)

*Trade AI: Most difficult/favor prospects

*All the “major” baseball nation leagues; I think it’s about 5 or 7 (Japan, etc…)

*Change the names of major awards to the Real-life names.

I plan to follow this team for a few years in game time. I signed Manny Machado in 2018 to a big deal as a 3B guy, but also built an interesting core of other players, and a strong international pitching signing who has become an ace.

But, I also want to try a new 2018 MLB start with those settings mentioned above as the Orioles; it's a tough transitional year, with a lot of challenges for the team.

So, I may just let my 2017 start run a few more years, and then dive into the 2018 season. Tough choices really, as it’s lot of time invested, but it’s hard for me to focus on more than one team. I will still keep that 2017 MLB start saved however, and perhaps come-back to it at some point.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

That's easy. Ohtanis for all!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=285967
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

will be importing my Mets' dynasty from 17. back to back WS hard to walk away from. also, playing out every game, there is a lot of time spent there.

that's the best feature of the game (IMHO), being able to carry over a dynasty.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
JaBurns
All Star Starter

A Random Debut league starting in1901 with unaffiliated minors from which Major League teams can purchase players.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

I'll be managing Super Bo Jackson and the 1989 Kansas City Royals. More specifically, I will play out all my games with a caveat - my season is only 27 games long (that comes out to roughly 1 game a week to coincide with the real life MLB season). And I also play in 1-pitch mode. I couldn't even begin to fathom the time commitment it would to take to play out all 162 games (1-pitch mode or not)...

Last edited by Tunnelrunner; 03-11-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Clarification
Tunnelrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
jaysfan17
Minors (Single A)

Carry over my Oakland career from 18. I will also start my Toronto OOTP 19 career.....its gonna be fun
jaysfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #8
ti6er
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nice thread.

With this being my first OOTP, I now have (and had) quite some time to think about how I'm going to approach the game - names for my fictional league teams, structures, formats, etc.

I've pre-ordered directly from the developers so that should give me a few days to get up to speed and experiment with all the new features/additions.

As of now I'm thinking of starting to start two things:

- I'll look to manage teams in realistic/modern MLB leagues
- Would also like to create a fictional league based on my home country and its cities/towns

Last edited by ti6er; 03-12-2018 at 04:03 PM.
ti6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #9
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Same as every version. Spend a ridiculous amount of time creating and perfecting a complex fictional league. Take days to draft my entire organization from top to bottom. Play about a weeks worth of games, get bored and start the whole process over again. Do this over and over again until next March when OOTP 20 comes out.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #10
Reed
All Star Starter

1st thing will be to check out neutralized stats to make sure they are working correctly (does Sam Crawford, Ty Cobb, etc. show up as OFers or infielders) . If it seems to be working correctly, set up historical league for 1901 using neutralized stats. If neutralized stats donÂ’t seem to be working correctly, set up historical league for 1901 with 1 year recalc. Might use 3 years double weight current year. I usually play 1 game in each away series (in spectator mode) and sim through the other games.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #11
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

My plan is 2 fold

1. Once opening day rosters are set and available for download I will start the 2018 as LA mgr. Plan is to rebuild by trading away a lot of the overpriced, old guys and try and go the Astros route.

2. Start a replay in early 1970s without actual transactions and lineups and see what happens.
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #12
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

The usual. 1) Try to start an 1871 or 1876 replay. 2) Get frustrated at the amount I have to do by hand and the difficulty level of doing an accurate one. 3) Start a 1901 replay.

The interesting question this year is whether steps 2 and 3 will be necessary..
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #13
smiller
Major Leagues

I was planning on GMing the Reds for the 2018 season, but the last few days I started thinking about trying a tournament with 64 teams spread throughout the history of baseball. I'll probably wait and see how the new tournament setup works before making a final decision.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #14
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelrunner View Post
I'll be managing Super Bo Jackson and the 1989 Kansas City Royals. More specifically, I will play out all my games with a caveat - my season is only 27 games long (that comes out to roughly 1 game a week to coincide with the real life MLB season). And I also play in 1-pitch mode. I couldn't even begin to fathom the time commitment it would to take to play out all 162 games (1-pitch mode or not)...
FWIW it takes me about 20 minutes to play out a game in one pitch mode. I have finished 162 games in about 6 weeks.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #15
james17
All Star Starter

I’m importing my existing league started in 2015. It’s now 2024 in my universe.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #16
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

ill put the beta thru its paces.
then it will be time for my 4th year of real-time season baseball.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #17
G-Force
All Star Starter

As long as conversion seems to have no issues, I'll import my Alltime Baseball League dynasty into 19 and go from there.

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association

Last edited by G-Force; 03-11-2018 at 04:26 PM.
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #18
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Same as always...

Import my ongoing game that was started in v4 (2002) and has been moved up every year to the newest OOTP. Just finishing up my 2032 season having played every inning of every game for my Cubs for 30 seasons.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #19
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

as for me I will continue my league as started moving game forward in OOTP13 when I finally figured out how to move the game up (should have asked much earlier but didn't for every season since Season Ticket I been starting over each year. (my own fault for that) as I am now in year 2063 Opening day waiting for OOTP19
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #20
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
I’m importing my existing league started in 2015. It’s now 2024 in my universe.
Almost exactly the same as me...started in 2014 and I'm now finishing up the 2029 season. It's killing me trying to time the end of the playoffs with the availability of the new version.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote