Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #21
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Are there any changes that will make it easier to search for managers that will have good relationships/development impact on your teams?

I'd love to see it be a column on the personnel list!
FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:51 PM   #22
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

"Extremely Low" injury setting?

Might have change my rules on my upcoming season.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:13 PM   #23
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav View Post
Are there any changes that will make it easier to search for managers that will have good relationships/development impact on your teams?

I'd love to see it be a column on the personnel list!
I can only hope that any impact is marginal or this should be put into "arcade" mode.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #24
drksd4848
All Star Starter

You know what’d be cool? If the play-by-play would acknowledge an injury when it happens.

“...Hard slide into second. And he is... SAFE!
Uh oh. Joe Blow is slow to get up.
He’s limping around now.
The trainer is running out to take a look
It looks like they will take Joe Blow out of the game...

Then you will be prompted to replace the injured player. It would be a nice touch that would spice up the play-by-play.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:55 PM   #25
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
I like the concept of taking an injured player out in the middle of a game...(depending on injury).
I think what they mean is you don't have replace a player until the end of the inning.

Often-times a player would get injured making an out and you'd have to replace him before the game could continue, where as in real life you could wait until the next half-inning.

This got tricky with pitchers getting hurt on the final out of a half-inning, when you'd have to burn a reliever before the bottom of the inning even though his line-up spot might be coming up soon.
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:59 PM   #26
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
You know what’d be cool? If the play-by-play would acknowledge an injury when it happens.

“...Hard slide into second. And he is... SAFE!
Uh oh. Joe Blow is slow to get up.
He’s limping around now.
The trainer is running out to take a look
It looks like they will take Joe Blow out of the game...

Then you will be prompted to replace the injured player. It would be a nice touch that would spice up the play-by-play.
I'd like some sort of preliminary diagnosis as to the general type of injury before we get the final word and length of absence.

For example, if we could know that a pitcher is just being checked for a sprained ankle or hamstring injury instead of a serious arm injury, it would make that 2-3 games of wait time that much less stressful.

Likewise, it would be good to know when a hitter is hit by a pitch ... are they checking him for a concussion? A broken wrist?
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #27
ecd1973
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man73 View Post
I'd like some sort of preliminary diagnosis as to the general type of injury before we get the final word and length of absence.

For example, if we could know that a pitcher is just being checked for a sprained ankle or hamstring injury instead of a serious arm injury, it would make that 2-3 games of wait time that much less stressful.

Likewise, it would be good to know when a hitter is hit by a pitch ... are they checking him for a concussion? A broken wrist?
Adding injury notes to the game recaps would be fantastic.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:23 PM   #28
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
- Historical leagues now support minor leagues and roster limits when playing with real life MLB transactions & lineups

Cheers!
Markus
Does that mean we can now play with REAL historical minor league teams in historical mode with real life MLB Transactions? So, if I chose to be the Durham Bulls for example...every year the Durham Bulls would have their real lineups in relation to that year I am playing in. Pretty cool if so!
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:38 PM   #29
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
- Can now skip player creation when adding a league to a world already in progress
You cannot see me right now but I'm doing a slow clap just for you.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #30
ZouDave
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
I sure hope so as I only play historical as well. I also really hope someone goes back and faithfully recreates historical stadiums for the 3D. I know there are some out there that are ok, but I'd love to have the stadiums get to be like the old Tony LaRussa 3 and 4.
Mmmmmm, Tony LaRussa 3. Until I found OOTP, I didn't really know that baseball sims could get better. And to think that was 22 years ago...
Old 03-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #31
spartacus007
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
"More accurate and realistic 19th century historical league and team database"

Looking forward to this.
I thought of you when I saw this feature!
spartacus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #32
Ayako
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Minor Changes & Additions
- Added support for female users
I presume this is the ability to make your character as GM/Manager a female?

I'm pushing 60 years old after nearly 45 seasons in game now but can finally be referred to as a female in all of my manager of the year news articles

Last edited by Ayako; 03-04-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Ayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:28 PM   #33
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

"Can now set a league/tournament with schedule length of 0 to create a quick custom playoff-only bracket"

This alone makes me want to get OOTP 19
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #34
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

hopefully we can get a "drafted by team" screen one day to include the stats and overall.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:01 PM   #35
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus007 View Post
I thought of you when I saw this feature!
I was totally surprised it was even mentioned.
Interested to see what they came up with.
Just correcting the teams folding when turning on auto expansion would make this version worth it for me.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:41 AM   #36
mongster_03
Minors (Double A)

What does support for female users mean exactly?

Los Angeles Stars
mongster_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:37 AM   #37
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleycchurch View Post
Does that mean we can now play with REAL historical minor league teams in historical mode with real life MLB Transactions? So, if I chose to be the Durham Bulls for example...every year the Durham Bulls would have their real lineups in relation to that year I am playing in. Pretty cool if so!
Not quite, we do not have minor league transactions or lineups, we only have MLB ones. The the Bulls roster may not be accurate.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:31 AM   #38
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Update 3/5
- Added accurate single game records to historical database and default MLB games.
- Added the option to choose between Opening Day and End of Season rosters in the historical exhibition mode
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:22 AM   #39
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongster_03 View Post
What does support for female users mean exactly?
As mentioned above, it means that you can set yourself to be male or female, get a pretty bad but plausibly female facegen, and in at least a few of the messages we'll make an effort to address you properly. So at least the first message you see won't be "Mr. Lastname, welcome to the organization".
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:19 AM   #40
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will we see the ability to schedule regular season games between teams from different leagues(and the stats from that game goes to the corresponding leagues)?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote