Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #61
jonaththejonath
Bat Boy

When you preorder the esellerate version, do you get the free steam key like you did last year?
jonaththejonath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #62
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaththejonath View Post
When you preorder the esellerate version, do you get the free steam key like you did last year?
No, sorry! We haven't done that for a couple years now.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:24 PM   #63
itsmb8
All Star Starter

While Ive got your attention Lukas, how much more detailed will the players be in 3D? Will we see the names and numbers on jerseys, or will we be able to edit the pants?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #64
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
While Ive got your attention Lukas, how much more detailed will the players be in 3D? Will we see the names and numbers on jerseys, or will we be able to edit the pants?
Honestly, I actually haven't seen the new 3d players yet, so I can't answer

Markus or Matt or Jorin could tell you more and hopefully one of them will

Old 01-27-2018, 07:51 PM   #65
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Any chance you can tweak the layout on the standing screen? As it shows now, the leader info off to the side of the standings is really bunched together. It would be better to separate the category (i.e. RBI) and players for that category from the next category. As it is now, it just runs all together.
Attached Images

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 01-27-2018 at 10:19 PM.
CHOWDERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:11 PM   #66
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Honestly, I actually haven't seen the new 3d players yet, so I can't answer

Markus or Matt or Jorin could tell you more and hopefully one of them will
There's not much customization, but they're full player models this time, so you can see them run, jump, slide, and throw. Jorin's been pushing us to get them in the game for a couple years now, and I'd definitely say they're a huge upgrade on the pawns, and I love the pawns.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #67
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There's not much customization, but they're full player models this time, so you can see them run, jump, slide, and throw. Jorin's been pushing us to get them in the game for a couple years now, and I'd definitely say they're a huge upgrade on the pawns, and I love the pawns.
Thanks for the info, Matt. Cant wait to see it for myself!
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:42 PM   #68
Mat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
You have to get us a teaser picture at least!
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:55 PM   #69
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
You have to get us a teaser picture at least!
We're still redoing the game screen, but once that's done, I'm sure we'll show it off.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:08 AM   #70
clamel
All Star Starter

Historical managers

Playing mostly in Historical mode I miss the handling of real life managers and coaches.

The game has improved in fact that the correct managers pop up in the year you start the game, but then it's fantasy the rest of the way.

Since all stats is correct for those RL managers at the start I would think all the others are somewhere in the DB. Why not include them as managers without a job, since that's what they are in RL. Adding managers that have had some years of free time yourself isn't a good answers since they lack stats up to that time.

After all it's a Manager Game, so I would have hoped that finally more time would be focused on all the brilliant Managers in RL.

A little more realistic thinking for the AI-managers would also be good.
When I signed Tony LaRussa (fired the years before in Oakland) to my Double A team I thought that would not be very realistic.
The big players in the game would never sign a MiLB contract if they in the top years of their game, so why managers with pedigree.

Fact is that the bad handling realistic of managers and coaches when playing historical have forced me to play the game without managers/coaches, which perhaps it's ment to be played.

Still I think this is a part of the game that could be enhanced very much to a game of such standard.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:41 AM   #71
zappa1
All Star Starter

My question has to do with the replay challenge rule in modern baseball today. Has this rule been addressed in this edition? Will it be added later or even at all? Thank you.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #72
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Any way you get license with like ESPN to use their guys in Game then can have Buster Olney as an Insider?
Any way to Schedule in Spring Training Games against College Teams?

Any way for the Computer to fold or suspend operations of a Minor League Team?
Any way to stop guys from Retiring because theirs a 2014 League where guys keep Retiring after season that shouldn't like Alex Gordon and so on.

Any way sort by Drafted by Team gets in Game and in history of a guy if Drafted show they were drafted by who because some guys have no information saying who they were? Also Mass Unretire because would to start with nobody retired and when retire have the choice to become a Personal/Staff member.

Any way site of All-Star Game different every year? Celebrity All-Star Game to?
Any way to get DH and Pitcher in same Lineup?

Last edited by mgom27; 01-28-2018 at 09:48 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:08 AM   #73
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupilami View Post
am i missing something?
did the "new" cba not go into effect over a year ago now?
if true, you are NOW looking into it and are unable to understand the rules after more then a year????

I am sure, that if you send a request to MLB you would get a full explanation of the CBA
new compensation rules for FA went into effect this offseason. i.e., you no longer lose a first round pick for signing a player with compensation
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:11 AM   #74
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Any chance we can induct Managers into the Hall of Fame? This might be tricky if they were former players (e.g. John McGraw or Joe Torre in real life) but it'd be a cool feature and make turning retired players into managers a worthwhile feature for Historical Leagues and even any league in general. Maybe the crappy SS who only had 800 hits in his career ends up becoming a 4x World Series winning Manager and gets rightfully inducted.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:17 PM   #75
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
Any chance you can tweak the layout on the standing screen? As it shows now, the leader info off to the side of the standings is really bunched together. It would be better to separate the category (i.e. RBI) and players for that category from the next category. As it is now, it just runs all together.
Yeah it needs the stat categories to be a different color (or background color) to break it up visually.
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #76
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Reposting...

How are you handling two-way players like Otani? I'd love to be able to create a two-way star!
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #77
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
Reposting...

How are you handling two-way players like Otani? I'd love to be able to create a two-way star!
Matt can give you more details on exactly how we're handling them, but we are doing so now. So you can definitely make that happen and the ai will handle them much better as well.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #78
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will we see a team vs team stat page(like the one for the playoffs) for regular season play with more detailed stats(such as team vs team all-time results)?

Another thing I would like too see(necessary for larger leagues) would be a roster summary page(number of pitchers,catchers,etc per team).
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #79
daves
Hall Of Famer

Simple question. I loved the addition of the round robin playoff option, however, when expanding this option to 16 teams it only allows the round robin to occur in the 1st round of 32 and not the next round. Will OOTP 19 address this issue to allow the round robin option to continue until the final 4 teams are left?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #80
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Alright, I don't think we can answer every question here. But thanks everyone for the suggestions. We do read them and will definitely try to get some of them in, as we always strive to give the best game possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Simple question. I loved the addition of the round robin playoff option, however, when expanding this option to 16 teams it only allows the round robin to occur in the 1st round of 32 and not the next round. Will OOTP 19 address this issue to allow the round robin option to continue until the final 4 teams are left?
Not right now. Unique playoff modes are complicated (making sure the exact number of teams are in, getting the full scheduling working, making sure we know how teams advance to the next round, etc...). We may look to add more formats at some point - I know the KBO step-ladder system has been asked for by a bunch of people, so if we are to add a new one, that's probably first on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Matt can give you more details on exactly how we're handling them, but we are doing so now. So you can definitely make that happen and the ai will handle them much better as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
Reposting...

We're still fine-tuning the system, but the main way is we'll have a flag in the player strategy whether to consider someone as a two-way player. That way, when the AI is building lineups or managing in-game, we'll look to use that player. There's other changes too (we've tweaked the fatigue model so that a batter may be fatigued the day after he starts, but he'll be able to bat fine a couple days later, like Ohtani has and is expected to do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
Any chance we can induct Managers into the Hall of Fame? This might be tricky if they were former players (e.g. John McGraw or Joe Torre in real life) but it'd be a cool feature and make turning retired players into managers a worthwhile feature for Historical Leagues and even any league in general. Maybe the crappy SS who only had 800 hits in his career ends up becoming a 4x World Series winning Manager and gets rightfully inducted.
Not right now, but we'll think about it. It would require a couple other changes that we don't handle right now, but I know people have asked about this a fair amount.