Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:26 PM   #1
ElvisMan
Bat Boy

Build 3.0.50 seems to break new OHL leagues

Upgrading to build 3.0.50 breaks new OHL leagues from being created for me.

Whenever I create a new PtG or Sandbox Ontario Hockey League season since I upgraded the beta the game crashes right after reaching 100% for scouting players.

I click on Start a 2016/2017 game, name it, deselect all, select Ontario Hockey League, I select the team I want to manage, it doesn't matter if I click next taking all of the defaults or pick my skills and then let it generate the season.

You always have the base leagues, NHL and AHL and then I want the OHL and that comes with QMJHL and WHL.

As soon as the season creation gets to 100% for scouting players I get the Windows popup that "Franchise Hockey Manager 3 has stopped working" and "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."

If I try load the crashed season, a season does load but it would usually assign me to Stockton Heat of the AHL, the OHL isn't an option, the leagues I see are NHL, AHL, NCAA, ECHL, SPHL, USHL, FHL and NAHL.

I uninstalled 3.0.50 and installed 3.0.45 and was able to create a new current season with a couple of teams with no issues.

Weird!

Last edited by ElvisMan; 10-22-2016 at 08:07 PM.
ElvisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:57 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I can't get it to repeat with .50, I start a PtG game with the NHL, AHL, and CHL leagues active, take London, and it creates the season and begins the game properly. Which OHL team are you using? I don't think it should make a difference, but maybe there's an issue with one or more of them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #3
ElvisMan
Bat Boy

Weird, I was able to create a new season with this latest build with London. Although I tried right after with Ottawa (I had usually tried with Ottawa or Peterborough) so I'm not sure what's wrong.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:42 PM   #4
ElvisMan
Bat Boy

Today I attempted to start a new season by going through each OHL team.

The game crashed for me when I would pick any of the following teams: Hamilton, Kingston, Niagara, North Bay, Ottawa, Owen Sound, Peterborough and Sault Ste. Marie. If I start a season as any of the other 12 teams in the league it worked fine.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:47 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, must be a data issue. The rosters on the teams you listed are very small, I'll see what's going on there.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #6
ElvisMan
Bat Boy

Were you able to reproduce it on your system with those teams? What's weird is I had started a season using Ottawa with the initial build.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yup, I tried with Ottawa and it crashed.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #8
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

I also get the issue with the OHL league with most, if not all teams that I have tried.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote