Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #21
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

Both of my first year Iron League teams have made it to the sub-league series, one a wildcard having won 96 games and nearly held off a team loaded with 5 perfects and multiple diamond players, but we just couldn't make it to the end.

The other team pretty much led wire to wire and finished with 106 wins, but barely survived the division series with a 1-0 win in game 5. Shockingly a 133 win team lost 3 games to one.

And for the what seems like the umpteenth season in a row my bronze league team failed in the Division series, falling to 3-2 in ten innings in game 5.
RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:10 AM   #22
bluesguy
Minors (Single A)

Having started PT1.0 from the beta, I never had a chance to play much in the lower tiers. There was no Iron then.
I played 1 season in bronze, 1 silver, 3 gold, 11 diamond, and just finished my 7th perfect.
I wish I could start a new team in Iron but the game won't let me add another email address for 2 more teams. It gives an error message and says I already have the maximum amount of accounts. I only have 1.
I have full rosters of iron, bronze and silver and gold players sitting idle in reserve.

But they probably don't let you use cards that belong to original account in your new email accounts.
I built all these teams in my inactive roster on the belief that we would be able to import the PT teams into their respective games.
TP 1.0 was promised to be able to import your PT into the regular game, available for your private use in Historical Seasons and exhibitions and private online league play.

It was a no brainer to invest real money in players that I could continue to use offline or in private online leauges.

So you go ahead and spend hundreds on PP and build a team to compete in each level.

What happens to my team when PT 1.0 servers cease to exhibit.
I always trusted Marcus and his development team to follow through with their promises, and have enjoyed OOTP since the '08 version.

I haven't purchased OOTPXX and don't plan to.
It's crazy to spend a massive amount of cash on a game that changes every year.

I know that some people pay a free version of the game and never invest any more real money in the game.

But as someone who has been supporting the game for years and always trusted the dev team, I can't understand how original claims made about what to expect from the game soon could just be dumped with a small note that it turned out to be more difficult than originally the devs thought it would be.

When did that ever stop you guys in the past.
Now you have a massive infusion of cash coming in every day from pack sales and AH sales commisions.
10% on cards that are selling for 199,000, 299,00 just drives the selling prices even higher. Perhaps a sliding commision charge should be implemented.

Come on Marcus, I hope someone alerts you to this reply, Give us what you promised.

By the way, I have collected Baseball cards my whole life, and the fact that you can actually own what you purchase is the main reason why.

To have some kind of online "collection" that you really can't use is a real head scratcher. What do I do with it??????

So long time users of the game are being ignored and pushed aside to cater to an ap style game player, many of whom just play the free version.

I still post in the OOTP19 PT forums, but there ain't many people there anymore.

The problem still exists in OOTPXX, so this posting is relevant here.

thanks,
bluesguy
bluesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:40 AM   #23
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I care not about what others do as long as they are legal. I am given the understanding that intentional tanking(or throwing games) is not. Either way, my main point is that promoting teams solely based on playoff series result is flawed, even if not manipulated, they just don't reflect a team's success and power level as good as looking at the whole season. Promoting teams based on a combination of regular season record and playoff results is better IMO as it minimizes the influence of luck affecting the promotion and reflects a team's overall performance in a tier much better.

Edit: I also like the higher amount of relegation. I think more division movement is more fun and (if we follow dave's suggestion of 8 relegation) fighting off relegation and having that pressure provides more entertainment to the lower records team. It gives them a purpose for the week than the typical "ah well, I ain't making playoff and I ain't relegating either so this season's whatever".
best record gets promoted and WS winner gets promoted is the message on my screen
I assume best record is regular season only
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:42 AM   #24
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
From a number standpoint, more movement between tiers(as long as it's not crazily overdone) is always going to be helpful in balancing or at least it would speed up the process of balancing. Essentially, the game moves a higher number of the top and bottom percentiles between levels and challenge them to prove that they are capable of staying in the higher level(or in the case of relegation, prove that they are indeed above the level they dropped to).

For an example(in a vacuum), let's say the top 30th percentile of Bronze are more capable of contending in Silver rank than the current lowest 30th percentile of Silver, due to their faster improvement, lucky pull or whatever. If only 6.67%(2/30) are going up and down, it would take 5 seasons for the divisions to adjust to its "true tier". If instead we double the amount, it would only take 2.5(so, 3) seasons. Theoretically, the levels are going to be more competitive and balanced with a higher (but still reasonable) amount of movement.

Or we can look at it in another way. Let's say there are "definitely silver" teams(that are well-off relegation spots in Silver), "Silver-Bronze"(the teams that are capable of good Bronze playoff runs and can possibly do decent in Silver depending on the league's composition) and "definitely bronze"(that are clearly not good enough and hardly make playoffs in Bronze). Having a higher numbers of promotion and relegation means that more of the "Silver-Bronze" teams are getting tested between both divisions on each season to determine if they can break out of that mold and whether they are truly leaning toward Silver or Bronze.
do the levels matter anymore when you have so many diamonds playing in bronze?
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #25
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
The objective of the levels are to shoot those diamonds up above bronze and to put the teams of different power level into the correct level. Unless 95% of the teams in the whole server/PT universe are composed of full diamond lineup, diamonds should not be playing in bronze. In a world where everyone has full diamond lineup, then level would be a skill test.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #26
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
This is why naming the levels the same as the cards is bad. It creates confusion and incorrect expectations that you find certain cards at a certain level. Diamond cards are not that tough to get, especially the live ones. They are going to be everywhere but the higher quality ones will only be higher up.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #27
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

It's really not that hard to understand.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #28
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

PLEASE where is the Promotion/Rel screen in PT OOTP20

Someone please tell me how I access the Promotion/Rel screen in OOTP20???? I remember running into that screen by mistake once but can no longer find it. Been searching every last screen for over a half hour.

Thank you in advance.
ThrownOutAtHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #29
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownOutAtHome View Post
Someone please tell me how I access the Promotion/Rel screen in OOTP20???? I remember running into that screen by mistake once but can no longer find it. Been searching every last screen for over a half hour.

Thank you in advance.
In the standings screen (League -> Standings), there are a few different tabs, listed horizontally above the top of the standings. One of them is "Expanded Standings", another is "By Subleague", but the last one on the right is "Pro/Rel Standings". Click on that.

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #30
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

I can sympathize, the Chubby Birds just got blown out by a wildcard team. He repeated and swept the Gold Series, too. (A former perfect-league team slumming down in Gold for whstever reason.)

I wish there was some sort of consolation, but hey, we won the division fair and square; nyah!

You've unlocked the "Crushed by Whale" achievement for 5000 PP!