Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:59 PM   #1
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fantasy Draft with real life players

Hey guys, this is my first time playing OOTP and I am completely hooked.

The only problem I am having is that i do not know how to do a fantasy draft for a new league with the real life MLB and MiLB players.

Every time I try to do a fantasy draft to start a league, I get either all fictional characters or some real life and some fictional.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting a fantasy draft of only real life players?

Thanks in advance.
Treydmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:26 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

are they younger?

a fantast draft with real players will include the amatuers that happen to be in the database.

normally these are your draft classes for the next few years before they run out and switch to fictionally created at some point.

there shouldn't be any fictional... so if they aren't ~amatuers, google a couple of the older names and ensure they aren't real players. there's going to be thousands of names you don't recognize from the amatuer ranks, though.

----------------------

because of this, do focus on tradeable assets after you get the bulk of your team done... you will have an MiL system stacked with ~20-30 high quality prospects.

i focus on getting 5sp, at least 8 of 9 positions and ~4-5 RP before i focus on prospects before switching back to bench players in the 30's 40's 50's. you can get good stuff throughout that range for the bench. i'll pay attention to waht is dropping off board and stick to prospects as long as i can without missing out on good bench players and filling out bullpen.

you can get a defensive SS in the 20's. power is gone ASAP, relative to position beyond that. easier to find a decent 1B 8-12 than a CF/SS with any batting ability worthwhile. you can get a killer bullpen starting in 20's, but need to select by ~17-18 if you want the pick of the litter for your closer. not needed at all, though.

if you pick up 4 rp from 21-30, you'll have the best bullpen in the league, if you selected wisely.

i focuse on yougner players, if possible. you'll be doing a lot of trading if you do this how i suggest. you'll be whittling it down to the most elite prospects - trade after trade.. until you get what you want at every position.

by year 2 or 3, you'll be winning 130-140 games

stagger ages and you can do it in perpetuity, just about. some dips and peaks here and there...
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote