Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #1
tommyk9214
Bat Boy

Angry Trades?

I am blown away that the past 4 years of OOTP there hasn't been any traction to improve trading. It is seriously unbelievable. I am getting offered Billy Hamilton from other teams for Mike Trout and my best prospect. Are you kidding me? This is a broken game where you literally can't even complete trades. Fix it.
tommyk9214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk9214 View Post
I am blown away that the past 4 years of OOTP there hasn't been any traction to improve trading. It is seriously unbelievable. I am getting offered Billy Hamilton from other teams for Mike Trout and my best prospect. Are you kidding me? This is a broken game where you literally can't even complete trades. Fix it.
Yeah, the trades all seem lop-sided but I just view them as a starting point. Most, tho, I reject immediately and move on as they are so laughably bad.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

I have never accepted an AI-offered trade. Ever. I have discussed one and tinkered with it a little to get what I wanted, though.
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Turn trades off unless you want to do it yourself on commissioner mode
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #5
Grafton19
Major Leagues

And I don’t take people seriously who joined recently. Yes trades aren't great but the game is not broken and it’s the damn Beta that’s out right now

Last edited by Grafton19; 03-19-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've accepted some in v19 over the span of 10 seasons.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #7
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

If you put team needs in. I have seen plenty of reasonable offers from doing that. Also setting a player to not interested helps with some of the offers.. also remember the games see numbers not names.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #8
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

I'm on Challenge mode which is I think on the trade "hard" level. I feel it is good and looking back I mostly "win" the trades down the line. The first step is never accept their trades. Discuss it, take out your best player and add their best prospect that fits your team (power pitcher with your power pitcher pitching coach etc) and submit to see what else they want. A lot of times it ends up being one good player and a basket of Rookie and A ball guys, most of whom will lose all their potential value in 2 years so unload them now while they are trade-able assets. Always look at the team's strength box at the bottom in the middle between your roster lists. Where they have red and sometimes yellow dots are positions they are weakest and will be accommodating in trades with those positions. And if they are Win Now! they want starters, Rebuilding they want prospects.

Pittsburgh here is Neutral but in red shows they could use prospects C, 1B, 3B, LF, RF, RP and starters need RP

Best brief advice I can make for now.
Attached Images

Last edited by CurlyKarkovice; 03-19-2019 at 06:33 PM.
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote