Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #461
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
I realize I'm kind of late to the 2019 party but I'm about to play my first game. I'd like to know if there has been an easy way of making a game that has an inaugural draft and also completely flushes the draft roster of real world players historical and current. This might seem kind of odd but when I play OOTP I'm really only interested in playing in a completely fictional league, with fictional teams, and fictional players. As far as I'm aware of the only way to really do this is to clear the roster and then fill it with new players after the game has actually started. I can't remember if I can even do that when it's not on commissioner mode.

I'm wondering whether the OOTP team would consider adding a quick game feature for a completely fictional league?
Yes, this is already available. When you go to create a fictional game there is the option to use the real world setup (I think it's called). This will use all of the real MLB and MiLB teams, but with fictional players.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:42 PM   #462
Velocifaptor
Bat Boy

Oh wow, I actually had no idea that it created randomized players and cities. Now I feel silly.
Velocifaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #463
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Am I crazy or do the 3D crowds feature more home team colors depending on who is playing? Could be my imagination, but really cool if that's true.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:38 AM   #464
KEConway
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
So, we're eager to hear your feedback! What do you think, was OOTP 19 worth the wait?

Cheers!
Markus
Great!! your improvements in the live action are excellent...it's fun to just manage the team and play the game
KEConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #465
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

One word DISASTER !!!
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #466
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
One word DISASTER !!!
I know you had issues with the update, but this is a first impressions thread. Did you just purchase the game?
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #467
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
One word DISASTER !!!
So I believe you said you have been playing OOTP since something like OOTP3. And it sounds like you've been pretty unhappy about something (facegen, customer service regarding your issues with facegen, etc.) for quite some time.
I have to wonder then: why do you keep torturing yourself?
And, also, why do you keep torturing us with your relentless and over-the-top negativity?
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #468
stevem810
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radsmats View Post
I love everything about the game from the GM up. It's a terrific sim. The best BB sim ever, by a wide margin.
But I don't love the play-by-play management because none of the little sim players know how to play the game (and I think the 3D modelling is hurting, not helping, in a lot of cases).

But OOTP has gotten so good that I expect it to look like it's being played by guys who understand the basics of the game. Instead, it looks like what it is -- a stats engine driving a PbP script. Constantly pulls me out of the moment and I can't stand to watch it.
Note: I left off the examples portion of the quote that was in the middle.

I've really enjoyed OOTP 19. Absolutely great steps forward (not without some issues but that's for another post). Scouting report got way kicked up.

In regard to the 3D action, and the comments above, I look at 3D as evolutionary in nature. The first version was very crude, yet enjoyable. The current version took that building block and added an incredible new look and feel to it. Does anyone think the company will stop here? It would be a first.

So, yeah, I applaud the efforts of the OOTP staff and thank them for their excellent work.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #469
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We don't currently have automatic team selection yet for this. We'll look to add that later.
Did this ever get taken care of? If so, how is it possible. Didn't see it in the tournament options.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #470
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Did this ever get taken care of? If so, how is it possible. Didn't see it in the tournament options.
So, no?