Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #101
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenk View Post
Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but is there a way to relocate teams?
Yes, go to the team settings page and you can change the city there.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Old 03-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #102
Dargone
Hall Of Famer

I've been here since it all started and it seems to me that Markus adds enough new stuff every year to make it well worth it. I also don't mind supporting the company so they can continue to make these games. Like everyone else, they don't work for free and I don't think the company/game would survive if it was only released bi-yearly for example. 35/40 dollars is a paltry sum for the amount of enjoyment most get from the game.

Here is something else to think about. There is no season pass or DLC to worry about. For 35/40 dollars you get the full game and all updates for the entire year.

I'll buy every year until I'm dead. Markus has earned that loyalty with me. To be honest, I don't even check the new features list. I haven't for about a decade. I hop on the site around March and pre-order. I have never been disappointed.
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.-Margaret Mitchell
Old 03-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #103
CrescentMoonie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargone View Post
I've been here since it all started and it seems to me that Markus adds enough new stuff every year to make it well worth it. I also don't mind supporting the company so they can continue to make these games. Like everyone else, they don't work for free and I don't think the company/game would survive if it was only released bi-yearly for example. 35/40 dollars is a paltry sum for the amount of enjoyment most get from the game.

Here is something else to think about. There is no season pass or DLC to worry about. For 35/40 dollars you get the full game and all updates for the entire year.

I'll buy every year until I'm dead. Markus has earned that loyalty with me. To be honest, I don't even check the new features list. I haven't for about a decade. I hop on the site around March and pre-order. I have never been disappointed.
I'm the opposite. I used to play the game religiously. It was an easy #1 for me. But, when they added expansion and screwed up the minor leagues with it, the result was that it took away the realism and made the overall experience worse. I've only had 1 version the last three years, and I got that as part of a Humble Bundle. Once they fix how expansion/minor leagues works for real MLB leagues, I'll gladly plunk down my money again.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #104
Aumakua
Major Leagues

can't speak for others but personally I used to update every other year since yearly changes seem small.

However this year I updated (also having OOTP 18) and I am glad I did.
And when I think about it, for the amount of hours spent playing OOTP 18 and for the enjoyment I have while playing, its totally worth $40/year to me.

One big reason for updating yearly: constant improvement/bug fixes with patches for newest version (won't be getting updates for OOTP 18 anymore), also better support since that's the version they are focusing on.

after playing the new version for 1 day I can say the new interface is great, much cleaner (for the most part) and easier to navigate. I wish it scaled better with high resolution monitors and was 64 bit but I am sure that will happen down the road.

The ultimate edition will be when they combine OOTP with a game like The Show's graphics, maybe 10 years from now? haha
Wonder if facegen and current uniforms/caps could even work with that.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #105
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
I'm the opposite. I used to play the game religiously. It was an easy #1 for me. But, when they added expansion and screwed up the minor leagues with it, the result was that it took away the realism and made the overall experience worse. I've only had 1 version the last three years, and I got that as part of a Humble Bundle. Once they fix how expansion/minor leagues works for real MLB leagues, I'll gladly plunk down my money again.
We did not "screw up expansion". If you do not like how the game automatically expands the minors, simply edit it manually, problem solved. Stating this as the only reason for not getting the game strikes me as very very strange, sorry.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #106
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Dude, just buy the game. OOTP19 is the best sports simulation around bar none!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
Old 03-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #107
costevie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I wasn't going to buy this edition (despite very much being pro-OOTP Developments as a company!) as the changes this year seemed mostly cosmetic and aesthetic, but bought it anyway and I'm very glad I did. The UI is a model of usability and information presentation and I cannot imagine going back to the old OOTP interface ever again. Almost feels like a totally new game in some ways. Really well done guys.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #108
bosunmate
All Star Starter

I have purchased this game every year to support Markus, every year there are improvements that I like. This year I find the fonts very helpful for my ageing eyes and I find this years type very crisp and clear. The improve historical stats are more than welcome this year, not to mention the biggie animation improvements with 3d stadiums for people who play out this game

When this game came out years ago it had fake players and cities
it had no mail system but the game has grown every year with something new added that brings realism to the game. The minors last year was a great thing for historical players..

Anyway I guess my point is Markus wouldn't be able to grow and expand the game without the loyal gamers who just want a great ball game and I guess if you can afford it and you love text based sports game this to me
is the one, I would be surprised if somebody was unhappy with this years version everybody have a great weekend immersed in your league..
Old 03-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #109
ike121212
All Star Reserve

As a fictional player, I haven't seen a feature that really excites me.

I used to buy the game loyally to support the company. That loyalty was eroded greatly by FHM.

As a side note, it's very cool to see the game pop up on Twitch.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #110
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
As a fictional player, I haven't seen a feature that really excites me.
Just curious, what exactly would excite you? There are so many new features in this year's version that also apply to fictional play, I can't really share your opinion.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #111
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Just curious, what exactly would excite you? There are so many new features in this year's version that also apply to fictional play, I can't really share your opinion.
I'm really not looking to rain on your parade at all. It looks like a good release and I've enjoyed watching the streams of it. The 3D engine looks much better, but the gameplay still has the same old issues that keep me from wanting to play out games. The new scouting screens look nice, but it still seems like the same old scouting/development behind it.

What would entice me? Some kind of owner mode, where you set direction and make major player decisions, without the day to day stuff, or worrying that you're taking advantage of the AI. I watched a lot of 'shop a player' AI abuse last night. The more I let the AI work against the AI, the less I feel like I'm cheating.

Reworking the development/scouting system would be nice. All the streams I watched would draft for a round of so, then let the AI do it because it there was nothing compelling about it. New screens didn't seem to change the issues behind them.

Maybe I'm missing something significant....it's why I'm reading this. I want to play, but I haven't found the motivation.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:10 AM   #112
CrescentMoonie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We did not "screw up expansion". If you do not like how the game automatically expands the minors, simply edit it manually, problem solved. Stating this as the only reason for not getting the game strikes me as very very strange, sorry.
Again, that's false and you know it. Even if you manually edit things, you still don't get players progressing through the minors the way they do in the real world. There is no distinction in your game between the two different levels of full season A ball even though MLB teams have handled the minors that way for decades.

People have been begging you to fix it for years now and you flat out lie and say it isn't wrong to begin with.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:49 AM   #113
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Again, that's false and you know it. Even if you manually edit things, you still don't get players progressing through the minors the way they do in the real world. There is no distinction in your game between the two different levels of full season A ball even though MLB teams have handled the minors that way for decades.

People have been begging you to fix it for years now and you flat out lie and say it isn't wrong to begin with.
I am seeing the opposite. My prospects do advance through the minors realistically. Also, there is a high A and an A, just like in real life.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:15 AM   #114
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
I have purchased this game every year to support Markus, every year there are improvements that I like. This year I find the fonts very helpful for my ageing eyes and I find this years type very crisp and clear. The improve historical stats are more than welcome this year, not to mention the biggie animation improvements with 3d stadiums for people who play out this game

When this game came out years ago it had fake players and cities

it had no mail system but the game has grown every year with something new added that brings realism to the game. The minors last year was a great thing for historical players..

Anyway I guess my point is Markus wouldn't be able to grow and expand the game without the loyal gamers who just want a great ball game and I guess if you can afford it and you love text based sports game this to me

is the one, I would be surprised if somebody was unhappy with this years version everybody have a great weekend immersed in your league..

I agree. I started playing OOTP back in 2003 when I was 38 years old. 15 years later I’m 52 and the eyes are not as sharp as they used to be. Thanks for the font options Markus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-30-2018, 03:23 AM   #115
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You can manually edit the minor leagues for expansion teams- move them to different leagues, levels, rename etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-30-2018, 04:45 AM   #116
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:

That is false, players move realistically, and we have high A, A and low A (they are distinguished by the league equivalency settings and the AI properly uses them).

I am closing this thread now as you are simply trying to cause trouble it seems and you don't get your facts straight
Closed Thread