Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-29-2018, 11:08 PM   #1
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Three PT Registrations per License

I read that # of PT teams was per license. So that means a person buying two games (Steam and Web versions for example) could have six teams?
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
Clavette
Major Leagues

Yes
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:05 AM   #3
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Thanks. Do three need to be done under each license? In other words, since the first three were done on the web version, should the 2nd three be done on Steam?
Old 11-30-2018, 03:17 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Please keep in mind that trading cards or PP via teams owned by the same person will lead to permanent baning
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:59 AM   #5
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Absolutely. My reason to have a 4th team (not six) is to have a sandbox team that I can experiment with. Trying different strategies...
Old 11-30-2018, 12:46 PM   #6
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Absolutely. My reason to have a 4th team (not six) is to have a sandbox team that I can experiment with. Trying different strategies...

I have 2 teams. one is a team I plan on using the AH to build with. that one has been generating PPs reasonably well so far

the other team I plan on opening packs of cards to build with. I did have to seed that team with $10 of PPs because my starter packs were so poor and I hadn't been earning much PPs even tho I had a winning record.

I will also use different team strategies. one will tend towards a small-ball type and the other will be a power team

will be interesting to see which does better in the long run

Last edited by Whoofe; 11-30-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #7
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoofe View Post
I have 2 teams. one is a team I plan on using the AH to build with. that one has been generating PPs reasonably well so far

the other team I plan on opening packs of cards to build with. I did have to seed that team with $10 of PPs because my starter packs were so poor and I hadn't been earning much PPs even tho I had a winning record.

I will also use different team strategies. one will tend towards a small-ball type and the other will be a power team

will be interesting to see which does better in the long run
nice... doing something along those lines as well... both of my teams will rise or fall based off the points they can earn (f2p).. one will be open to any/all players but will only obtain new talent via packs (no AH)... the other can do packs or AH, but the players will be 1950ish and earlier (will try to push that back to pre WW2 as I'm able with the points they earn and the availability of players from those eras).

might get around to putting up a 'dynasty' thread in that section to log their progress (or regress )
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:13 PM   #8
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

You need to use a new email to get a second team?

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #9
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
You need to use a new email to get a second team?

yes, I believe so
Old 11-30-2018, 01:31 PM   #10
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Why 4 and not a 15th that you can experiment with? Use your 3rd team to experiment maybe? I'm sure if they expanded to 4, someone else would want 5 next.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:51 PM   #11
Clavette
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Please keep in mind that trading cards or PP via teams owned by the same person will lead to permanent baning
Is there any issue if I put a card up on one account as I normally would and happen to buy it on another account? No shenanigans
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:05 PM   #12
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Have you considered filtering out cards from the auction house that come from the same registration/license or maybe even from the same friends?
In other words, if my family is connected as friends in the game, we don't ever have to worry about accidentally buying a card from each other.

At this point, I find it almost impossible to track cards that are in the auction from our family. I have no idea what cards are listed by the kids (the auction house lacks a column for seller/team name) and without having to log into their accounts and trying to export or remember which ones they listed and at what price.

While nobody in the family falls into the intend to abuse category, I could see us buy cards from each other without knowing.
It got especially troublesome when I donated some cash to them and each of them opened a bunch of packs and wanted to auction off the rest. My own team looking for mid-range 60-69 players is therefore at a higher risk to
end up with one of their cards by accident.

So if there is a "death penalty" for accidental purchase, I would ask for additional back-end features, in-game help, or a clear in-game warning that warns people to not use the auction house with more than one account.

Last edited by joehart; 11-30-2018 at 10:43 PM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
Is there any issue if I put a card up on one account as I normally would and happen to buy it on another account? No shenanigans
That is not allowed, even done by "accident". There are currently measures in place to prevent that.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:54 PM   #14
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Why 4 and not a 15th that you can experiment with? Use your 3rd team to experiment maybe? I'm sure if they expanded to 4, someone else would want 5 next.
Team 3 is already spoken for, it is my bronze players only team.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #15
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
That is not allowed, even done by "accident". There are currently measures in place to prevent that.

so, sounds like better off to complete your purchase on the one account before you try to sell on the second account, to avoid any mistakes
Old 11-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #16
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

That depends. Are the measures in place to "prevent that" from ever happening, even as an accident, or to simply catch that when it does occur?
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #17
FlytheW
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry for that question. But how do I get 3 PT registrations for my license?
FlytheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:20 PM   #18
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlytheW View Post
Sorry for that question. But how do I get 3 PT registrations for my license?
At the bottom of the OOTP screen where you registered your first account, click register again. You'll need to have a different e-mail address (and username)
Old 12-01-2018, 02:20 AM   #19
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I have two teams. One is my main and the other will be an all-cardinals team.
I have not even checked on that team in a few days. Too busy watching team #1 and trying to snag affordable upgrades.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:26 AM   #20
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I have two teams. One is my main and the other will be an all-cardinals team.
I have not even checked on that team in a few days. Too busy watching team #1 and trying to snag affordable upgrades.
Same for me though the all-one team is not cardinals.

It's a pity that I can't move some players from my main team to the other. But I understand that it's put in place to prevent players having PP farming teams.

My issue is that I spent some $$ to get PPs for my main account and don't want to spend extra cash just to "get these cards there" ...
SF Giants is offline   Reply With Quote