Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

Owner confidence low, why?

We have had playoffs expectations for the last 5+ years and made the playoffs every year. We won the cup two of the years, including last year.

Now, 12 games into the season (10 wins), I get the "board confidence news" saying:

"Despite the good current performance of the team, in general Keith Ryan is very unhappy about your work as GM of the Golden Knights. You have to sustain the good work of this season."

Is there anything other than wins that affects this?
herm1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

I would assume trades, cap space, budget use, player quality, contract value and length, the style of play, and perhaps the type of win (marginal, low scoring etc.) may all play their part.
micpringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:28 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

What does the Owner Confidence (Manager - Your Job - Owner Confidence) tell you? That's actually the real indicator, the message should just be interpreting that, so if it's not matching we'll have to check that (but the confidence screen is the true evaluation of the situation.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
What does the Owner Confidence (Manager - Your Job - Owner Confidence) tell you? That's actually the real indicator, the message should just be interpreting that, so if it's not matching we'll have to check that (but the confidence screen is the true evaluation of the situation.)
It's matching (red). Does that mean it is reasonable? If so, please tell me what affects it.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Now that's strange. Can you upload the save for us to check? Something doesn't sound right there, you shouldn't be in that kind of trouble with that recent record.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:32 PM   #6
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Now that's strange. Can you upload the save for us to check? Something doesn't sound right there, you shouldn't be in that kind of trouble with that recent record.
As per the "Instructions on how to upload your saved games to our server" post?
Old 12-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, this one: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...55&postcount=2
Old 12-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #8
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

"In the saved_games folder you'll see folders that end in ".lg". Find the folder that corresponds to the league with this problem and zip up all of the files in there that end in ".dat". There should be 25 of them. Finally, copy this zip file to the other window with the ftp folder and it should start copying it there. It might take several minutes to copy."

More like 35, if I found the right place. Should it really be only 25?
Old 12-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by herm1978 View Post
"In the saved_games folder you'll see folders that end in ".lg". Find the folder that corresponds to the league with this problem and zip up all of the files in there that end in ".dat". There should be 25 of them. Finally, copy this zip file to the other window with the ftp folder and it should start copying it there. It might take several minutes to copy."

More like 35, if I found the right place. Should it really be only 25?
You should be find sending everything in. The only thing that's not really needed is the Graphics folder. That just makes the save file larger than necessary.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:40 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, I'll fix that, it's 35 now.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #11
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

I tried, named the file Vegas herm1978, let me know if I did it right.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:00 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yup, that worked, thanks. And there's definitely something weird going on - I can't see any reason here for the owner to be unhappy with you, every possible cause I check looks fine. We're going to have to dig into this a little further to see what's gone wrong here.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #13
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Had the same issue I was about 20 games into season 5, having won the 4 previous Stanley Cups when my owner became disenchanted and I rec'd the same message as herm1978
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote