Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #281
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Any chance you guys will be fixing the penalty minutes problem with unplayable leagues like ncaa,ushl etc ?
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:16 AM   #282
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
Any chance you guys will be fixing the penalty minutes problem with unplayable leagues like ncaa,ushl etc ?
I made some changes last year, but it looks like some things we changed to get the talent-from-stats feature working this summer may have knocked them back out of whack in some leagues. I'll see if we can tone them back down.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:34 AM   #283
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

Gretzky on 2 teams?

In my historical league Gretzky was a lifelong Baltimore player.

In 1990 I add Hampton Roads and Tampa as expansion teams.

Gretzky was apparently a free agent at the time.

On July 2 he is BOTH signed by Baltimore and Drafted by Hampton Roads in the expansion draft?

Did Baltimore sign and then not protect a 5 star Gretzky at 30 years old?

Why did it take until the 14th round for Hampton Roads to draft him?

Was the error that the July 2 signing was really by Hampton Roads after the expansion draft?

So the protection lists / expansion draft logic and / or a glitch in the game needs work?
Attached Images
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:42 AM   #284
Raphiam
Bat Boy

Hello

IÂ’m starting a career with GRENOBLE as a GM.
I need to hire a head coach but I donÂ’t know whatÂ’s the key skills for him.

I apologize if itÂ’s a easy question but since IÂ’m French and not fluent in English maybe I miss the answer.
Raphiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #285
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkitson16 View Post
Gretzky on 2 teams?

In my historical league Gretzky was a lifelong Baltimore player.

In 1990 I add Hampton Roads and Tampa as expansion teams.

Gretzky was apparently a free agent at the time.

On July 2 he is BOTH signed by Baltimore and Drafted by Hampton Roads in the expansion draft?

Did Baltimore sign and then not protect a 5 star Gretzky at 30 years old?

Why did it take until the 14th round for Hampton Roads to draft him?

Was the error that the July 2 signing was really by Hampton Roads after the expansion draft?

So the protection lists / expansion draft logic and / or a glitch in the game needs work?
This probably needs to be in our Bugs Forum and we'll likely need to see the save. Please upload it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphiam View Post
Hello

IÂ’m starting a career with GRENOBLE as a GM.
I need to hire a head coach but I donÂ’t know whatÂ’s the key skills for him.

I apologize if itÂ’s a easy question but since IÂ’m French and not fluent in English maybe I miss the answer.
When you're looking to hire a coach (Staff > Tab Free Agents) - make sure to sort by Head Coaches. From there, use the drop down box and look at Misc. Skills. All of those can help you decide.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:32 PM   #286
DeepCorn
Bat Boy

Historical Records

Any plans on adding positional (forward/defenceman) leaderboards for team and league records? Love that feature in OOTP Baseball. Maybe by nationality as well?
DeepCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:00 AM   #287
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCorn View Post
Any plans on adding positional (forward/defenceman) leaderboards for team and league records? Love that feature in OOTP Baseball. Maybe by nationality as well?
Yeah, I'd like to do that at some point, although we might first need to look at finding a better method of tracking the position a player has actually be used in, there have been a few contexts where that's been useful. Otherwise that'd mess up the leaders if e.g. a guy shifts from forward to D late in his career and we just used his "current" position.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:23 PM   #288
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

What are the parameters regarding lowering fan happiness for trading away very recent draft picks?

I traded away a guy who was picked in the second round the year before and got dinged 1 fan happiness for it, then traded a guy who was picked in the fourth round in that same draft and didn't get penalized.
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:47 AM   #289
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Dutch View Post
What are the parameters regarding lowering fan happiness for trading away very recent draft picks?

I traded away a guy who was picked in the second round the year before and got dinged 1 fan happiness for it, then traded a guy who was picked in the fourth round in that same draft and didn't get penalized.
It's more about how high the picks are. Just like in real life, fans are going to question when you trade away a 1st or 2nd (or maybe even a 3rd) round pick. He was suppose to be apart of the future of your team, and now you've traded him.

The thing is, depending on what you're getting, it's a wash. If you're bringing back a popular player, you'll gain +. If you bring in a higher draft pick, you'll likely get a + at the draft for your pick as well.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #290
Petrafire
Bat Boy

Hey just purchased FHM6 started new season with Detroit my question is how do i see my player stats all i can find is league leaders i would like to just view my team only

thanks
Petrafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #291
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrafire View Post
Hey just purchased FHM6 started new season with Detroit my question is how do i see my player stats all i can find is league leaders i would like to just view my team only

thanks
Go to your roster screen and use the drop down box and switch it to stats.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #292
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Does anybody know why certain AHL callups add to me just a part of their salary and other ones the full value? All the concerned players should be on rookie entry level deals so I don't quite get it.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:28 PM   #293
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Does anybody know why certain AHL callups add to me just a part of their salary and other ones the full value? All the concerned players should be on rookie entry level deals so I don't quite get it.
Who are the players?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #294
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Have a look at the attachments
Attached Images
Image Image 
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #295
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Have a look at the attachments
Okay, I believe that's to do with actually bumping/sliding contracts. Smith's is a slide, but the other isn't, so by calling him up you're actually put his contract into full effect.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:37 AM   #296
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I made some changes last year, but it looks like some things we changed to get the talent-from-stats feature working this summer may have knocked them back out of whack in some leagues. I'll see if we can tone them back down.

Is this change something that might be in the christmas update?
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:05 AM   #297
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
Is this change something that might be in the christmas update?
I'm hoping so, there's one thing we're going to try first and if that doesn't do it I have another idea. But I think both can get done in time, they're not complicated fixes.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #298
vilski23
Bat Boy

I need help with my training.

I've set up training on my Rangers save and gave few players extra coaching attention like Kakko. The problem is I can only put 4 players on extra defensive/offensive/physical attention or otherwise those extra attention points will go under 10. I only had 4 assistant coaches so obviously I thought it might be that. I signed 7 assistant coaches focusing those areas where I was lacking but none of extra attention points rose.

Any idea how could I get them to rise? I don't need to put all of my players on extra attention but 6 players on each category would be nice.

Also Kakko feels isolated. Will he ever learn English in the game or should I sign another Finnish player?

Thanks
vilski23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #299
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilski23 View Post
I need help with my training.

I've set up training on my Rangers save and gave few players extra coaching attention like Kakko. The problem is I can only put 4 players on extra defensive/offensive/physical attention or otherwise those extra attention points will go under 10. I only had 4 assistant coaches so obviously I thought it might be that. I signed 7 assistant coaches focusing those areas where I was lacking but none of extra attention points rose.

Any idea how could I get them to rise? I don't need to put all of my players on extra attention but 6 players on each category would be nice.

Also Kakko feels isolated. Will he ever learn English in the game or should I sign another Finnish player?

Thanks
Signing more coaches doesn't add more. It does cap out a certain point. Think too many voices trying to control a player. Keep in mind players will still rise without extra attention as well, and you can go below 10, the affect just isn't as great - which is why we always suggest focusing on 3-5 players.

Kakko will, but it takes time. You may want to consider signing another Finnish player.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #300
vilski23
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Signing more coaches doesn't add more. It does cap out a certain point.
Just out of curiosity what will add more? High quality coach or do I need to wait until my GM+Head Coach develops his coaching attributes?

It's little weird since my goalie coach has excellent goalie coaching and very good prospect coaching, but I only get 13 points on my goalie when giving him extra attention. I wonder how the misc. attributes come to play here.

I apologize with all the questions but I'm fairly new with FHM
vilski23 is offline   Reply With Quote