Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #1
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

Question NHL Draft how do you organize yourself for the big day?

Congrats to the FHM team, it's the first version that got me hooked long enough to get through a second season. I finally switch, for now, to FHM from the old EHM.

FHM got me a bit confused when the draft proceed, I have my scouts assigned around the world for possible prospects, I have a shortlist of undrafted prospects etc..But during the draft I get confused going from my list to the final ranking..It's a bit confusing at that point for me in FHM. I don't know where to look for the ranking of the prospect since it changes everytime I look at ratings or whatever list I switch to.

I'd like to know how do you proceed during the draft? Thanks
Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebear View Post
Congrats to the FHM team, it's the first version that got me hooked long enough to get through a second season. I finally switch, for now, to FHM from the old EHM.

FHM got me a bit confused when the draft proceed, I have my scouts assigned around the world for possible prospects, I have a shortlist of undrafted prospects etc..But during the draft I get confused going from my list to the final ranking..It's a bit confusing at that point for me in FHM. I don't know where to look for the ranking of the prospect since it changes everytime I look at ratings or whatever list I switch to.

I'd like to know how do you proceed during the draft? Thanks
So, Scouts rank prospects from level E (unscouted) to level A (Fully Scouted). When it comes to the draft, you're best to rely on this. Basically, when it comes to the draft, sort by Potential to see who is highest ranked between your Scouts and Central. Trust your Scouts more than Central though. It's okay to take a shot on someone you have little scouting on, but those are best left for at least Round 2 or 3.

You may also want to check your Shortlist if you made it as well. We have done numerous Drafts in the past in our Weekly series, and you can see how I lean on our YouTube channel as well.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:59 PM   #3
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I look for potentials of at least 2.5 first off. Then I'll look at players with the highest ability and then look at the attributes. Most of the time I don't manually draft past the third round though, because there often aren't any picks that interest me after that.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

At the start of the season, I let my assistant manage scouting (so scouts will produce reports on both professional payers and amateur players). But around February/trade limit day, I take control of scouting. I go into the upcoming draft page, sort for potential and assign scouts to players that don't have an A rating (for fully scouted), from top potential down. If a player is on level E (unscouted), I assign 5 scouts to move him up to A after the week long assignment ends. I keep doing this until all players between potential 5 stars to 2,5 stars are fully scouted. Usually, by the time early June rolls up, I have all the info I need.

At the actual draft day, I try to draft for high potential players, but current ability level can be a useful guide in projecting how a player will develop. A good ability level will also either be useful right away or will reach make it so they peak potential faster. But high potential means for a higher peak. It's a gamble.

I also like, after about 10 games into a season, to trade my 1rst round pick for the 1rst round pick of the last team in the standings (before the value fo his pick gets too high). I just did my current season's draft over the weekend and it paid off, the Flames finished last in the league and I had their 1rst round pick. I was pushed to 4th overall because of the lottery, but the player I had my eye on was still available, so it's all good (2 star ability, 5 star potential... )
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote