Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-11-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
oman19
All Star Starter

MLB Schedule Request.

Long time no see everyone. I have unfortunately drifted away from the game because I can not figure out how to get this schedule to work. I used to use the GMO ones he created for me but I switched the specifications a tiny bit. I would love to get a set of schedules created like those, especially seeing how popular those schedules were around here. Any help would be appreciated. Here is what I am looking for.

Every team plays 18 games against everyone in its own division: 72 games
Every team plays 6 games against everyone else in its league: 60 games
Every team plays 6 games against every team in a division in the other league: 30 game

Total = 162

Basically you get a home and home with every other team

Only thing is I need 3 versions of this schedule. Where the inter league division you play is rotated similar to the NFL.

For example one year the AL East plays the NL East, the next the NL Central, and the one after the NL West.

If you could jumble up each of the 3 versions a little to give it a little variety that would be nice.

I would like an All-star break and dates to closely resemble today's MLB.

Any help would be much appreciated

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:26 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Fairly annoying because of the math not working out, but technically possible.

Assuming an 185-day/52-series schedule (182-day/51-series is impossible, odd number of teams!) then each team plays 72 divisional games split into 22 series, which means each team plays six 4-game series within the division - or rather, each team plays six more 4-game series than they play 2-game series, but this is modern MLB so we don't have to worry about that.

Each team plays 8-10H/8-10A against their division and 3H/3A against all other teams they play. 9H/9A divisional is impossible for two opponents per team because you can't play 9 games including a 4-game series without also including a 2-game series, and that ruins the "MLB dates" portion of the request. Squeeze weeks are impossible here because of the odd-number problem.

As always, I'll defer to Hip on the actual schedule-making. I have one schedule taking up far too much of my time, and can't afford to make another.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post

Assuming an 185-day/52-series schedule (182-day/51-series is impossible, odd number of teams!) then each team plays 72 divisional games split into 22 series, which means each team plays six 4-game series within the division - or rather, each team plays six more 4-game series than they play 2-game series, but this is modern MLB so we don't have to worry about that.

Each team plays 8-10H/8-10A against their division and 3H/3A against all other teams they play. 9H/9A divisional is impossible for two opponents per team because you can't play 9 games including a 4-game series without also including a 2-game series, and that ruins the "MLB dates" portion of the request. Squeeze weeks are impossible here because of the odd-number problem.

As always, I'll defer to Hip on the actual schedule-making. I have one schedule taking up far too much of my time, and can't afford to make another.
What if you did 54 3 game series? 2 Series a week with everyone having off days on Thursday? This would make a 27.5 week season if you include an all-star break. Is this feasible?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:44 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post

How did you arrive at those figures? An initial breakdown of the format yields this:
Code:
333 333   (division)
333 333
333 333
333 333

3 3     (league)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3

3 3     (league)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3

3 3     (interleague)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
That's 54 series. To fit that into 25½ weeks (the other ½ week being the All-Star break) means three weeks of the season will need three series taking place instead of two—in other words, three weeks with a 2-2-3 series arrangement. That means six 2-game series. These can be created by carving up the divisional games from 3-3-3 to 4-3-2.

A revised series distribution for a club would look something like this:
Code:
432 432   (division)
432 432
432 333
432 333

3 3     (league)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3

3 3     (league)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3

3 3     (interleague)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
It's still 54 series, but now there are enough 2-game series to have the needed three-series weeks. So, theoretically at least, it should work.

However, the fact that there's an odd number of clubs in each division and in each league may change the practical layout.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #5
oman19
All Star Starter

I think we might be on to something guys !!!!!

Old 04-19-2016, 09:17 PM   #6
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
How did you arrive at those figures? An initial breakdown of the format yields this:
Code:
333 333   (division)
333 333
333 333
333 333

3 3     (league)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3

3 3     (league)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3

3 3     (interleague)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
That's 54 series. To fit that into 25½ weeks (the other ½ week being the All-Star break) means three weeks of the season will need three series taking place instead of two—in other words, three weeks with a 2-2-3 series arrangement. That means six 2-game series. These can be created by carving up the divisional games from 3-3-3 to 4-3-2.

A revised series distribution for a club would look something like this:
Code:
432 432   (division)
432 432
432 333
432 333

3 3     (league)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3

3 3     (league)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3

3 3     (interleague)
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
  3 3
It's still 54 series, but now there are enough 2-game series to have the needed three-series weeks. So, theoretically at least, it should work.

However, the fact that there's an odd number of clubs in each division and in each league may change the practical layout.
How would I go about making the actual schedule now that we have the layout. I am willing to do the work to get this to work just need to learn how.

I am looking to make a new set of rotating interleague schedules that GMO made for me years ago.

I miss playing my OOTP but my OCD and not being able to get this schedule right has taken it away from me.

Last edited by oman19; 04-19-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:57 PM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
How would I go about making the actual schedule now that we have the layout. I am willing to do the work to get this to work just need to learn how.
Well, that's the hard part!

A thought here is that you may be able to take the MLB schedule from either 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016 and modify it. The basic layout will not be too far off—there are 19 division games per opponent instead of 18, but the number of series (6) fits. There are also 2 series against each other team in the same league. Where it diverges are the interleague series (8 instead of the 6 you want), plus there are only 52 series overall instead of the 54 you need.

But it might serve as a decent starting point in terms of how to lay out division versus non-division games.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:15 PM   #8
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I think I've figured out how to do the two-game series.

There are 5 teams per division playing 6 two-game series each. Divide that by 2 and you get 15 series.

* In three designated "squeeze weeks" during the season, four teams in each division play two divisional two-game series while the fifth team plays interleague. After these three repetitions, two teams per division will have exhausted their allotment of two-game series while three teams will have two such series remaining.
* The remaining two-game series can't be squeezed in the normal manner. Some of them are Sun-Mon series immediately following a nondivisional Thu-Sat series for each team. (Example: 6@1 and 2@7 Thu-Sat, 1@2 and 6@7 Sun-Mon)
* If I did the math right, no team should have multiple remaining 2-game series after the Sun-Mon series are placed. Teams that still need a series can use a Sunday Opening Day to their advantage, playing eight games in the first "week" of the season.
* If this STILL doesn't solve things, screwing around with the series after the All-Star Break might be necessary.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:24 PM   #9
cheo25
All Star Reserve

I'm working on this. I have my own version of "squeeze weeks" in three different segments. The traditional squeeze weeks are hard to do because of the odd-numbered divisions and the requirement that non-division teams and interleague teams only make one visit to a city.

My squeeze weeks call for some odd series spacing in a few spots, but most of it is done in the first half of the season, and the rest is right after the All-Star break.

I started the season on Sunday, April 3 (which had three games on this date in real life this year), but it's just almost everyone will play on this day. I may also be ignoring the mandatory off-day after 20 consecutive games rule in a few different spots (matches up with the squeeze weeks). I should have a first version of a first year of this schedule in two or three days.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:33 PM   #10
cheo25
All Star Reserve

All three now here:

Last edited by cheo25; 04-28-2016 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Updated to include other two versions
Old 04-28-2016, 10:07 PM   #11
cheo25
All Star Reserve

OK, the other two versions are uploaded, and they're in the post above. I didn't worry about game times -- you can change those, as you need, to your liking.

Version 1 (not named): 2016 interleague rotations (ALE-NLW, ALC-NLE, ALW-NLC)
Version 2: 2014 interleague rotation (ALE-NLC, ALC-NLW, ALW-NLE)
Version 3: 2015 interleague rotation (ALE-NLE, ALC-NLC, ALW-NLW)
Old 04-30-2016, 03:31 AM   #12
oman19
All Star Starter

omg....let me check this out when I get home....you might of just made my year.