Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
ahartmann
Bat Boy

Help? Computer Run Teams Keeping Stars in Minors?

Created a new baseball league with 36 teams. Dumped all the players from MLB, Japan, Korea, etc. in & help a FA Draft. Took quite a bit of time between the setup and finding appropriate logos/uniforms.

Now that the season is about to start, I have found that many of the computer controlled teams are leaving legit stars in the minors, in favor of scrubs. (Stanton, Arenado, Severino, ... to name a few.)

I tried to run the Computer AI option to optimize the teams, but it doesn't change anything. Please, someone, any suggestions? I'm a longtime OOTP user, but usually just play through MLB seasons. This is maybe my second true attempt at a fictional league, and I'd hate to have wasted all the time on the setup only to have the fun drained out by unrealistic rosters moves.

Thanks in advance for any help!
ahartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
BoomerSoonerAMH
Minors (Double A)

One could argue that this is actually pretty realistic. How long did Vlad Jr. spend in the minors this year? Not sure what starting a new league does to service time for players but if it resets them all to 0, there is a little incentive to keep them down for at least a few weeks.
BoomerSoonerAMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Yes, as mentioned above, this is intentional to mirror what real life teams do with players without service time. Once you pass the cutoff point where players can accrue enough for a full year of service time, the teams will start bringing these guys up.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If it is that, you can also potentially change your league service time rules. Teams will only keep guys down if they're withing 20 or 30 days of the yearly service limits, so if you change it to be like 90 days = 1 year of service, then they'll probably call them up right away since they're "too far" away to keep them down for that long.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:37 PM   #5
ahartmann
Bat Boy

Ahhhhh. That was it! I changed it to one day of service needed, after saving the file, just to see if that was the problem. Simmed a few days ahead and they're all up. Thanks, guys, ... I NEVER would've thought of that.

Follow up question? What would be a good workaround? If I made it 1 day, and then changed it back to 172 (or whatever) later in the season, would that effectively fix the problem? Or would that screw everything up?
ahartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I would suggest changing it to like 90 days. As I said, they only keep guys down if they're within like 20-30 days, and once players have some service in the season, they skip that other check (so that they don't send guys down to gain time).

And that way, if you do want to change back from 90 to 172, it's a less jarring gap and less likely to screw up. Going from 1 day to 172 has a chance that things could really blow up (ie. guys somehow getting like 30 years of service counted).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote