Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-17-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Requesting a 40 team schedule

Hi all,

I would like to make a request for a 40 team League. There are 4 divisions of 10 teams each. I would like each team to have a regular season schedule of 90 games. I would like each team to only play those 90 games against opponents from within their own division.
So 2 game series, 45 home games, and 45 away games. Guess it has to be an unbalanced schedule.

Would like the season to start on april 1, and would like the season to run until october. So there would have to be quite a number of off days...i would prefer the games to be played over the weekends, of possible...

Would be really grateful if someone would take time and effort to make this schedule..

Thanks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

I have plenty of 10 team templates, but the issue here is the number of games required per week to meet your requirements. 90 games is 45 series. April to September is about 25 series. You were trying to fit the number of games greater than half of MLB in the shorter span of time. For 2 games a week you would require 10 months. With 3 game series you would still need 30 weeks. So it would require a mid-March to mid-October time period.

I was thinking you could fit 2 game series in the time frame you requested, and have Sat-Sun games only. Now my idea was to have a team play 2 opponents in a Sat and Sun double header. This would require only about 23 weeks Apr 7 - to about Sept 24 or Apr 1 to around mid-Sept.

I think no one responded because the timeframe and number of games is not possible with weekends only. 90 games 180 days is .5 per day or 3.5 games a week per team. You would need two 2-game series a week to make this work based on you initial request and the season would be a few weeks shorter.

Again the matchups I already have in multiple templates in excel. I can do this for you if you can decide how you want to set up the time frame and games played per week. I personally like the 3 games per series because that way you have 15/15 home /away series. 2 games series would become 46/44 or 44/46 and then you would need a"flip" schedule for the second season to even matchups out. The drawback to the 3 games a week is that you would need an extra 4-5 weeks time frame, a schedule of about 210 days.

Let me know if you want it done, I will do it.

James

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 03-28-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
I have plenty of 10 team templates, but the issue here is the number of games required per week to meet your requirements. 90 games is 45 series. April to September is about 25 series. You were trying to fit the number of games greater than half of MLB in the shorter span of time. For 2 games a week you would require 10 months. With 3 game series you would still need 30 weeks. So it would require a mid-March to mid-October time period.

I was thinking you could fit 2 game series in the time frame you requested, and have Sat-Sun games only. Now my idea was to have a team play 2 opponents in a Sat and Sun double header. This would require only about 23 weeks Apr 7 - to about Sept 24 or Apr 1 to around mid-Sept.

I think no one responded because the timeframe and number of games is not possible with weekends only. 90 games 180 days is .5 per day or 3.5 games a week per team. You would need two 2-game series a week to make this work based on you initial request and the season would be a few weeks shorter.

Again the matchups I already have in multiple templates in excel. I can do this for you if you can decide how you want to set up the time frame and games played per week. I personally like the 3 games per series because that way you have 15/15 home /away series. 2 games series would become 46/44 or 44/46 and then you would need a"flip" schedule for the second season to even matchups out. The drawback to the 3 games a week is that you would need an extra 4-5 weeks time frame, a schedule of about 210 days.

Let me know if you want it done, I will do it.

James
Would be fantastic if you would take the time and effort to create this schedule.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #4
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

So is okay to go with 3 game series over 30 weeks? By far the best option. I can have it by Friday. This would also give you a balanced schedule 45h/45a.

James
Old 03-28-2018, 03:14 PM   #5
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
So is okay to go with 3 game series over 30 weeks? By far the best option. I can have it by Friday. This would also give you a balanced schedule 45h/45a.

James
Absolutely!
Old 03-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #6
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Schedule is in the spreadsheet, will test it tomorrow and upload it.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:01 PM   #7
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Here it is......

This has been tested in game and looks good. Schedule is 192 days long. Just one sidenote - create your league but do not select balanced schedule option. Did not load for me so I set the schedule up as not balanced. I did not put a date for an all-star game, but one can be set for any Wednesday. Season starts around March 25 and ends around October 7. This schedule can also be converted to any format that uses 40 teams due to it being balance. It can also easily be converted to 2 SL by changing the file header.

I hope you enjoy this schedule. I liked making it and I am putting this in my collection of schedules to try in my leagues.

James
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G90_SL1_D1_T10_D2_T10_D3_T10_D4_T10_c_jdp.lsdl (89.9 KB, 107 views)
Old 03-30-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
This has been tested in game and looks good. Schedule is 192 days long. Just one sidenote - create your league but do not select balanced schedule option. Did not load for me so I set the schedule up as not balanced. I did not put a date for an all-star game, but one can be set for any Wednesday. Season starts around March 25 and ends around October 7. This schedule can also be converted to any format that uses 40 teams due to it being balance. It can also easily be converted to 2 SL by changing the file header.

I hope you enjoy this schedule. I liked making it and I am putting this in my collection of schedules to try in my leagues.

James
Thank you very much for this schedule!

Old 03-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #9
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

I AM going to use this with my European League