Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-25-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Can Someone "Fix" This Schedule For Me?

I'm hoping this would be an "easy" fix for someone that knows what they're doing (not me obviously ).

I've basically got two All-Star Breaks. This schedule is PERFECT except that at day 98 things go downhill. Day 99, 100, and 101 are empty, and then play resumes at day 102.

I don't see an All-Star game scheduled, and I prefer to "Auto-Schedule" it anyway, but that 3 day break makes things screwy. In addition to having a "second" All-Star break, the season now ends on a Wednesday instead of the usual Sunday.

So, is it possible to just take all of those games scheduled on and after day 102 and move them up three (3) days? If it's too much trouble then please don't bother. I don't want someone to go to the trouble of creating a whole new schedule when this one is EXACTLY what I want except for that second All-Star break. If I have to, I'll just turn off "Auto-Schedule" All star game next year, and we'll have a 3 day break just with no All-Star game. That's far easier than having someone here go to the trouble of creating a whole new schedule or (worse) moving all of those games up 3 days one game at a time.

But if someone know how to do it quickly and easily could you take a crack at it?

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

try this

I think the schedule you have posted had blank dates for 99-102 for the all star game. I moved all the dates up by the four days in excel. I don't know if this is what you want, it does not leave a spot for the all star game.

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 04-26-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
I think the schedule you have posted had blank dates for 99-102 for the all star game. I moved all the dates up by the four days in excel. I don't know if this is what you want, it does not leave a spot for the all star game.
YES, THAT'S IT EXACTLY!!!! THANK YOU!

I was wondering if one could put it in Excel, copy all the games from that date to the end, and simply "move" them up 3 days and paste, but I wasn't sure how to save it.

First of all, I don't have Excel, I do have LibreOffice Calc though. Would you save it as a text file? Is that really all there is to it? I was thinking of trying it but to ascared to afraid it would mess something up in game.

Man I wish I just understood how to manipulate these schedules myself so I wouldn't have to bother others. If it's as easy as opening it up in Excel, moving things around, and saving it as a text file, then by gosh I can do that!!

Is that really it?

THANKS AGAIN. This is exactly what I wanted. I was having TWO ALL-Star Breaks. And the season was ending 3 days later than normal (on a Wednesday)
Old 04-26-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

found an error in the schedule and I overwrote a day by accident when I did the cut and replace to the lsdl file. i will check to make sure the days are correct, something seems strange and some of the games go from fri-mon I think by moving them up and removing the asg break it may have caused an issue and I probably should have taken the last 3 days and moved them up to the asg break days. i guess this is a learning experience for me.

EDIT: could not fix the issue with some games going over to the next week because the schedule has some 4 game series in the m-t slot and then some 4 game that went t-sun in the same week. by moving them up every other week will have a few games on monday that were played the past week fri-sun. because of the schedules original format overlapping series i can not fix this without really modifying the heck out of. i though i could move the last 3 days of the season and put it in the asg break but this would cause an issue at the end of the season with some teams playing a single game series. i will post the file here with as many fixes as i could but it is not perfect but is playable there are only 36 games out of about 2200 total games that roll over into the next monday. also the season does end on a thursday. i checked it in excel. I do not know how the first sechedule did not end on a sunday. I hope this works for you. i really don't have the experience to write a completely new schedule from scratch.

james

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 04-26-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

I got your PM.

You know what, I may have uploaded the wrong schedule to begin with. I looked at it in notepad, and it looked like the right one, but I'm just not sure and maybe that's what's causing the confusion. But I can't see the name of the schedule file the game is using because it's during the season (see the first screenshot) and my memory is completely gone so I couldn't remember the name of the schedule I had used so I basically opened up a couple of them and thought the one I uploaded was the right one.... but it's possible it isn't.

But the problem arrived, I think, because I always check the "Automatically Schedule All-Star Game" box, and what happened was the game inserted a three day All-Star break with an All-Star game around day 92. Then, because this schedule had a break "built in" I was getting another 3 (or 4 depending on team) day break from that (see second screenshot).

Then, because of checking the "Automatically Schedule All-Star Game" and it's inserting a 3 day break around day 92, this caused the season to end three days later (day 185.... the 182 in the schedule plus the 3 automatically added) and thus the season was ending on Wednesday (see third and final screenshot).

Anyway, I play out all of my games, so it will take awhile before I get to the offseason and can "see" the name of the schedule file being used. (Unless someone knows where else I could look to see the name of the file being used). I believe I uploaded the right file, but I may not have. I am soooo very sorry if I didn't.

As far as the four game series running over into Monday, first of all, I don't have a problem with that, it happens IRL too. But I didn't even notice it in this year's schedule so that's kind of what makes me think I might have uploaded the wrong schedule.

TL/DR version.... I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm doing.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #6
linguas.amo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

o I am trying to remain historically accurate with the precise date when the National League started in 1876, the players, and finally the finances and roster count. When the computer generates a schedule however, the games are scheduled consecutively as shown below. During the inaugural draft, all the teams (including mine) have drafted a starting pitcher and a relief pitcher. If my starting pitcher pitched that many games consecutively his arm would fall off. Is there a way to spread out the games over the course of the summer months beginning in April and lasting until August or so?
Attached Images
linguas.amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:53 AM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

You can open the schedule file in a text editing program and add in off days. Aim for about three games per week for a club (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, if I recall correctly). Off days being common across the league did occur back then.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #8
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguas.amo View Post
o I am trying to remain historically accurate with the precise date when the National League started in 1876, the players, and finally the finances and roster count. When the computer generates a schedule however, the games are scheduled consecutively as shown below. During the inaugural draft, all the teams (including mine) have drafted a starting pitcher and a relief pitcher. If my starting pitcher pitched that many games consecutively his arm would fall off. Is there a way to spread out the games over the course of the summer months beginning in April and lasting until August or so?
Why not use the 1876 schedule that is included with the game?
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:12 AM   #9
linguas.amo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have been trying. I receive the message that it cannot load because it has a different structure so I go in and edit it and try to reload but I receive the same message
Old 04-29-2017, 10:46 AM   #10
linguas.amo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What do these mean major_league_ml_c_ap_1876.lsdl and major_league_ml_c_1876.lsdl?
Old 04-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #11
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have been trying. I receive the message that it cannot load because it has a different structure so I go in and edit it and try to reload but I receive the same message
Do you have the same structure as the NL in 1876? That would be 8 teams playing a balanced schedule of 70 games. Make sure that the teams, games, and "balanced schedule" values are the same in your league settings.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #12
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What do these mean major_league_ml_c_ap_1876.lsdl and major_league_ml_c_1876.lsdl?
ML schedules that are marked "ap" are the schedules "as played" - in other words, only the games that were actually played that year are included in the schedule. ML schedules that aren't marked "ap" are the schedules that appeared prior to the season.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #13
linguas.amo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok then, I have done both and they are unable to import it because of the structure. I have experimented with the inclusion and exclusion of the all star game and inclusion and exclusion of the playoffs. Additionally, I have added and subtracted the number of games to no avail. is there a schedule set-up you recommend or should i restart the league but then I must ask with what structure?
Old 04-30-2017, 02:42 AM   #14
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Well, I tried to edit the schedule file myself since it sounded like simply opening, editing, and saving as a text file.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE EE.

I ruined my schedule file now.

Here's what I did. I opened up the schedule file in Open Office Calc (I don't have Microsoft Office nor want it).

I edited the schedule to get it exactly as I wanted it.

I clicked on save.

A box popped up saying something about the formatting might be wrong for a CSV file and so I should save it as an ODS file. There were two choices.... 1) Save as a CSV file. 2) Save as an ODS file.

Since the ODS file is the standard Open Office Calc file, I figured that wasn't right. So I clicked on save as a CSV file.

And it did. And it over wrote the "original."

And now it's not working. When I try to import it says "syntax error" or something. And so being the moron that I am I just ruined my schedule file for good.

I posted all this as a warning to others.

IT IS NOT AS SIMPLE AS OPENING UP, EDITING, AND SAVING AS A TEXT FILE. IT IS JUST NOT.

EDIT: Ooh, I forgot I had uploaded the schedule right here in this here thread!!!! LOL, i've got my schedule back at least!!!!! LOL. Man I'm an idiot. If there's a way to screw something up..... well, my Daddy always told me "Boy, you could screw up a one car parade." He was right.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 04-30-2017 at 03:27 AM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:23 AM   #15
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ok then, I have done both and they are unable to import it because of the structure. I have experimented with the inclusion and exclusion of the all star game and inclusion and exclusion of the playoffs. Additionally, I have added and subtracted the number of games to no avail. is there a schedule set-up you recommend or should i restart the league but then I must ask with what structure?
I'm not sure where you're having a problem, so I'm going to explain what is meant by having your set-up match a schedules. I'm probably just telling you info you already know, and if that's the case, I do apologize. But I thought I would post it here and maybe it will help someone else if not you.

Here is an example name of a schedule file in the schedule directory of OOTP 18:

ILN_BGN_G162_SL1D1T4D2T4D3T4SL2D1T4D2T4D3T4_C_T24-D66-N96.lsdl

The first three letters explain whether or not your league setup will include inter-league play (AL vs NL as an example). A schedule beginning the letters IGN like the example above means NO interleague games are played. A schedule with the the first three letters being ILY means YES interleague games are played.

The next three letters are intra-league games (AL vs AL teams for example) and whether or not a team plays all teams in it's league equally (balanced) or whether it plays teams in it's division more often (unbalanced).

BGN, as in the example above, means balanced equals NO, which means teams will play other teams in their division more often than the rest of the teams in their league (just like modern day baseball where teams play division foes about 19 times a year and play the other teams in their league about 6 or 7 times a year). If those three letters were instead BGY, then that means balanced equals YES, and teams play all other teams in their league about the same number of times, irregardless of division.

The next set of characters in the example above is G162. This means this schedule is for each team to play 162 games.

The next set of letters and characters describe the league configuration. In this example it means we've got two subleague's (there is an SL1 and SL2 there) with three divisions each (D1, D2, and D3 listed beside each subleague) and that each division has four teams (T4 listed next to D1, D2, etc.)

So, SL1D1T5D2T5SL2D1T5D2T5 would be a setup with two subleagues, with two divisions each(the count goes from D1 to D2 and then moves on to SL2 so there are only 2 divisions in this subleague), and each division has 5 teams (T5).

Now, having said all of that, your setup must match ALL of those things in your league options. So, for example, the first thing to be sure of is your number of teams and divisions and such. If the number of teams, divisions, subleagues, or teams in each division is different from what that schedule file is for, it won't work.

But that's not all. In addition, the schedule file must also match your selections in league settings under options (see screenshot) such that if you have checked off the box (balanced schedule) then the schedule file you must use should be set up for a balanced schedule (the BGY files in the schedule directory). If you check the box next to interleague play then the schedule file you use must be set up for interleague play (the ILY files in the schedule directory). And the total number of games you have listed must match the total number of games for that schedule file.

Now in the case of historical schedules, they may not use the naming mechanism to easily see whether or not it's balanced, or the league setup, etc. and may just be named for that year or that league, but I explained all this as a way for you to perhaps search what is causing your problem. If the historical schedule file, for example included no interleague, but at some point you intentionally or unintentionally checked the interleague play box ("Gee, it would be neat to see what it would've been like if they had interleague play back in the 1920's " sort of thing) then your setup will not match the file. If you're using an historical schedule file you must make sure your league configuration matches the league configuration from that year, and your number of games, balanced schedule, and interleague play options under league settings match what they were historically.

So your problem could be your league setup in terms of teams, divisions, etc. OR it could be one of those other things (number of games, balanced schedule or not and interleague play or not).

Sorry for the length.
Attached Images

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 04-30-2017 at 03:37 AM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #16
linguas.amo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you guys! I solved it
Old 05-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #17
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Okay Outlaw Jim, the schedule I uploaded was the right one. It's the one I've been using. And I finally found out what you were talking about (the series "wraparound" thing). Yep, I saw it, and it happens BEFORE those changes you made.

So I'm going to have to try and figure out how to make changes to a schedule because there were some other quirky things about this schedule that I'd like to fix if i could. I can live with it as is, but things like teams with no days off for 50 days and then 6 days off the next month and basically playing the same teams almost always in "back to back" series are things I'd like to change.

So can someone, anyone, please tell me how I can make changes to a schedule file and then SAVE IT correctly. Because using OpenOffice Calc you can NOT save as a text file (or maybe you can and THAT'S my problem, and maybe someone could tell me how to save a file as a text file in OpenOffice Calc).

I know i can make changes in notepad and save it... but man, talk about a long and needlessly difficult way to do it... it would be so much easier to open it in Calc, spread the data out into columns, manipulate the data as I see fit, and then save it back again as text (that last part is what Calc won't do OR I don't know how to do it).

I think I can do this myself if I could just figure out a way to save a spreadsheet as a text file. Because when you save it as a CSV (comma separated value) file, OOTP will not read it (syntax error). So it must be saved as a text file. Unless I'm missing something with the lsdl extension at the end. I thought that was just a way to identify it as a schedule. iS that actually an indicator of a program Markus used to generate the schedules?

Any help would be appreciated.