Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 02-25-2016, 06:55 PM   #1
pklacombe
Bat Boy

Help With Quickstart

When I try to load a Quickstart game I do not see any options available to me. When I look in the quick_start folder, there are a few there already, including one I just downloaded from these forums. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
pklacombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
pklacombe
Bat Boy

I also need to add to be clear. My quickstart folder shows four default games that came with the product. None of these show when I try to load a quickstart game. I see no options whatsoever.

I've also read in the manual that you can save any game as a quickstart. I've also seen people refer to this. I tried doing this and the only options I see are Save Game & save game as..... This last option only saves the game as a saved .lg file under a new name. I do not see a save game as quickstart option anywhere.

I must be missing something as I can't access any quickstart options at all anywhere.

HELP!!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:33 PM   #3
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

When you first start a game (and during the off-season, I think July 1st. Someone else can correct me on that) you can save as quickstart. Like if you made a bunch of changes to the game before you sim forward, which was something I did for my fictional game. But as for loading the quickstarts, the default ones available come up based on which mode you start. Modern and opening day both relate to a normal new game, historical goes for that. And if you put any quickstarts in there, they should show up when you pick "start quickstart" instead.

Maybe someone else can help explain it better if that isn't clear. I'm going off memory mostly.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:39 PM   #4
pklacombe
Bat Boy

Thanks!

I downloaded the quickstart from jslmsca called ModernDay. I placed it in the right directory but for some reason when I try to start a new quickstart it doesn't show. Maybe I am misunderstanding how to start his "quickstart". The file itself is a .quick file.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:51 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklacombe View Post
Thanks!

I downloaded the quickstart from jslmsca called ModernDay. I placed it in the right directory but for some reason when I try to start a new quickstart it doesn't show. Maybe I am misunderstanding how to start his "quickstart". The file itself is a .quick file.
A file, or a folder with files within it? It should be the latter, not just a single file.

The quickstarts folders that are installed with the game are used for the other start modes (modern, historical, etc.), so they're filtered out in the quickstart selection menu, that's why you can't see them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:03 AM   #6
pklacombe
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
A file, or a folder with files within it? It should be the latter, not just a single file.

The quickstarts folders that are installed with the game are used for the other start modes (modern, historical, etc.), so they're filtered out in the quickstart selection menu, that's why you can't see them.
OK I understand that part now, thanks.

I was also able to start a new game and find the save as a quickstart option so that works.

As for my main problem, it is a file folder with a .quick file extension that I downloaded off of this forum. It's the ModernDay.quick file by jslmsca. I place the file folder in the quickstart_games folder but it doesn't show up anywhere when I try to start a new game. I'm still lost on that one.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #7
Stormsky
Bat Boy

I have a quick related question. If I start a historical game, make a few changes, then save as a quickstart will the game "know" when I load the quickstart that it is a historical game? Will things like expansions, relocations, new rookies, etc. still happen?
Stormsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklacombe View Post
As for my main problem, it is a file folder with a .quick file extension that I downloaded off of this forum. It's the ModernDay.quick file by jslmsca. I place the file folder in the quickstart_games folder but it doesn't show up anywhere when I try to start a new game. I'm still lost on that one.
Click on the ModernDay.quick folder and make sure there are files inside. I suspect something may have gone wrong with the download or extraction and you don't have the files it needs in there. It should have the same file names as the ones you see when you click on Majors.quick, for example.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsky View Post
I have a quick related question. If I start a historical game, make a few changes, then save as a quickstart will the game "know" when I load the quickstart that it is a historical game? Will things like expansions, relocations, new rookies, etc. still happen?
Yes. Bear in mind that if you've got annual recalculation of abilities turned on, your player edits will get overwritten at the start of the next year when the recalculation is done.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:03 PM   #10
dgilmorexu
Bat Boy

Just to jump in, having the same exact issue as pklacombe. Perhaps then it's an issue with that quick start itself, but the folder was completely extracted and everything looks right.
dgilmorexu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgilmorexu View Post
Just to jump in, having the same exact issue as pklacombe. Perhaps then it's an issue with that quick start itself, but the folder was completely extracted and everything looks right.
Yeah, I just downloaded it and it won't show up for me, either. The files appear to be fine at first glance, though, so I'm not sure what's going on. But I'll mention it to Malte and see if he can figure it out. It doesn't seem to be an issue with quickstart in general, that's still working fine when I create a new one and try to load it.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:02 PM   #12
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

I'm sorry for the problems. I made a copy of the quickstart folder to my desktop to fix some graphics problems, thinking that it would be fine to just .zip up that folder. It seems that once the quickstart is created, you shouldn't be adding/changing graphics inside of it as the game no longer recognizes it.

Anyway, I've uploaded a regenerated quickstart. I tested it and it seems to show up for me:

Let me know if you're still having issues.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3988213
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #13
Chomps
Major Leagues

I just purchased and installed the game. When I go to Quick Start on the FHM2 Main Screen there are no games listed. I looked in the Quick Start folder structure and there are 4 default Quick Start Games listed. What is the deal?

Last edited by Chomps; 03-05-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #14
Chomps
Major Leagues

These Forums are not very helpful. I have posted a few questions and they have not been answered.

Why don't the Quick Start games show up in the Main Menu????
Old 03-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #15
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
These Forums are not very helpful. I have posted a few questions and they have not been answered.

Why don't the Quick Start games show up in the Main Menu????
I'm sorry you feel your question has been ignored Chomps. Not everyone (myself included) has experience in every aspect of the game. However, Jeff answered bascially you question earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Hopefully this clarifies what you're looking at.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #16
Chomps
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I'm sorry you feel your question has been ignored Chomps. Not everyone (myself included) has experience in every aspect of the game. However, Jeff answered bascially you question earlier in the thread:

Hopefully this clarifies what you're looking at.
Thank you, however, this doesn't make any sense to me. Please provide a step by step way to use the Quick Starts, or fix this issue.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #17
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Thank you, however, this doesn't make any sense to me. Please provide a step by step way to use the Quick Starts, or fix this issue.
Quickstarts are used essentially as games that people have created that you can jump into. Meaning someone has turned their save into a Quickstart start that you can play, for instance maybe it has some different trades, or all the team names have been changed, etc. These are what you can download from the Mods section, following their step to step guide.

What is it that you exactly want to do? If you're looking to start a regular season, just start a new Game. Choose from up-to-date rosters (or close, the Trade Deadline update is still coming) or Start of season.

Start a Fantasy Game with all unique teams to you and different players.

Go Historical, pick a team from 1931-2014 and get going!

It's up to you.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote