Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2015, 12:03 AM   #1061
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
How does that give me the consensus on top prospects? If I sort by potential, aren't I only seeing the potential that *my* scouting staff has arrived at?

I've noticed players going in the top five or six picks that aren't even on my scouts top 32 for example.
Yeah, it's your staff's version of their potential. I'll see if we can add an unfiltered version as a placeholder for Central Scouting, until there's a more full-fledged representation of that.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:05 AM   #1062
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschinner View Post
Does putting a player on the trade block affect his morale or happiness? If not, that might be something to look at adding.
The problem is, sometimes the player will be happy to be on the trade block - we'll need to add a little more depth the the player happiness system before we can get it to respond in a variable way like that.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #1063
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The problem is, sometimes the player will be happy to be on the trade block - we'll need to add a little more depth the the player happiness system before we can get it to respond in a variable way like that.
Also, a player often doesn't know he's being shopped around or made available unless the news gets back to his agent and then back to him.

I think it would be a mistake to have the trade block instantly have an affect on the player's morale.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #1064
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
In an online league, when a GM quits, how do I remove them? I can edit them to be a free agent GM, but then they still appear in our GM list and it might start getting cluttered.

Thank you!
Anyone know the answer? This is getting a bit messy.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:18 PM   #1065
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think that's possible right now, I'll see if it can be added.
Woops, my bad. I see this was already answered.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #1066
BautistaBomb19
Minors (Single A)

is is possible to run a sim league with just 1 person having the game?
BautistaBomb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 PM   #1067
BlueJaysNewDats
Bat Boy

Hi, I don't want to create a new thread to ask this question. Does anyone think that FHM2 will go on sale on Black Friday (based on what happened with FHM)? I have read the manual, I just recently purchased OOTP16 Baseball, and I like it....and I think I would love this game. Hockey is a sport I follow much more than baseball. I would like to play the 80s and 90s sims.
BlueJaysNewDats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #1068
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

This has probably been asked, but I am a bit confused about Gameplan and Tactics.

Does Gameplan override line Tactics? In the Gameplan section it states: :If one is not set, your team will use the one currently loaded on the Tactics screen."

Does that mean player positioning or line tactics? If I choose only line Tactics, will that override game situation (Gameplan)?

And why does the player positioning not change with various line tactics? For instance, it seems that players are in same locations whether line is set to "balanced normal" or "defensive physical" for example. Must we relocate players ourselves on the "rink"?

Thanks, any input will help greatly.
Justmeingardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #1069
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeingardner View Post
This has probably been asked, but I am a bit confused about Gameplan and Tactics.

Does Gameplan override line Tactics? In the Gameplan section it states: :If one is not set, your team will use the one currently loaded on the Tactics screen."

Does that mean player positioning or line tactics? If I choose only line Tactics, will that override game situation (Gameplan)?

And why does the player positioning not change with various line tactics? For instance, it seems that players are in same locations whether line is set to "balanced normal" or "defensive physical" for example. Must we relocate players ourselves on the "rink"?

Thanks, any input will help greatly.
The gameplan will switch to a completely different tactics template, whichever one is chosen for that game situation. That means both positioning and tactics will be changed to whatever's contained in the new template.

The positioning does change within the templates, but some lines may be relatively similar from template to template.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #1070
BautistaBomb19
Minors (Single A)

I understand that OOTP can be run with just 1 simmer and him exporting files? why cant FHM 2 be run the same way?
BautistaBomb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:08 PM   #1071
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

clearer, but...

Quote:
The gameplan will switch to a completely different tactics template, whichever one is chosen for that game situation. That means both positioning and tactics will be changed to whatever's contained in the new template.

The positioning does change within the templates, but some lines may be relatively similar from template to template.
Ok, so if the gameplan switches to a different tactics template according to game situation, I don't understand where line Tactics come into play. It seems Gameplan decides how the whole team will play, whether or not I specify certain line tactics.

If I choose Gameplan: Offensive physical for 2nd period, but my lines are instructed to play differently (say defensive non-physical and balanced normal), what happens?

Thanks and sorry if I'm being obtuse, there's just something that's not registering here.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:36 AM   #1072
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
If I choose Gameplan: Offensive physical for 2nd period, but my lines are instructed to play differently (say defensive non-physical and balanced normal), what happens?
The templates are complete sets of instructions for each line - you can't have defensive non-physical and balanced normal selected at the same time. i.e., if you're looking at line 1, set the template to defensive non-physical, and then change to line 2 and set it to balanced normal, line 1 will have its settings changed to balanced normal as well.

So, when the gameplan specifies a switch to offensive physical in the 2nd period, every line will change its instructions to those contained in the offensive physical template (which doesn't mean that every line necessarily plays in that style, just that the overall effect of the template will be that the team plays more offensively and more physical than normal.)
Old 11-18-2015, 12:39 AM   #1073
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BautistaBomb19 View Post
I understand that OOTP can be run with just 1 simmer and him exporting files? why cant FHM 2 be run the same way?
Both games work the same way - basically, one commissioner sims the games and exports the files, then the owners make changes to their files and send them back in. But everyone needs a copy of the game to participate. You could, theoretically, just have everyone tell the commissioner what to do with their team and eliminate the step where the individual owners update and return their own files, but that would get very time-consuming for everybody involved, particularly the commissioner.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #1074
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

Think I got it?

Quote:
The templates are complete sets of instructions for each line - you can't have defensive non-physical and balanced normal selected at the same time. i.e., if you're looking at line 1, set the template to defensive non-physical, and then change to line 2 and set it to balanced normal, line 1 will have its settings changed to balanced normal as well.

So, when the gameplan specifies a switch to offensive physical in the 2nd period, every line will change its instructions to those contained in the offensive physical template (which doesn't mean that every line necessarily plays in that style, just that the overall effect of the template will be that the team plays more offensively and more physical than normal.)
Ok, Jeff. So whatever I choose for ANY ONE LINE dictates style for ALL lines and the line tactics are modified by the Gameplan per period of play, correct?

Then a line tactic of say balanced normal becomes more defensive (but not most defensive) if Gameplan is set to Defensive Conservative for a certain period, and a line tactice of Defensive Conservative won't change under the same Gameplan settings.

Hope I understand this correctly now, and thanks for your time. I know the team has a lot on its plate trying to work out bugs and most likely new implementations, so is nice somebody has/takes the time for us gamers.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #1075
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Ok, Jeff. So whatever I choose for ANY ONE LINE dictates style for ALL lines and the line tactics are modified by the Gameplan per period of play, correct?

Then a line tactic of say balanced normal becomes more defensive (but not most defensive) if Gameplan is set to Defensive Conservative for a certain period, and a line tactice of Defensive Conservative won't change under the same Gameplan settings.

Hope I understand this correctly now, and thanks for your time. I know the team has a lot on its plate trying to work out bugs and most likely new implementations, so is nice somebody has/takes the time for us gamers.
That's essentially it, but just a correction in semantics: when you load one of the default tactics templates (defensive non-physical, etc.), you're never choosing for just one line, you're selecting it for all of your lines. If you want to adjust individual lines, that has to be done manually to your default tactic (or to new templates you create yourself.)
Old 11-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #1076
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

AHA! Light dawns on Marblehead!
Old 11-19-2015, 03:05 AM   #1077
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

A) a site or spot in the forum where I can check out rivers before I buy

B) if say I go to 2007 or 2000 any NHL players drafted between then and now between NHL OHL whl and qmjhl will they be in the game?

C) kind of second part to my second question... If that is the case and that does happen... The year that Atlanta moved to Winnipeg instead of that move can I just create two expansion teams of Winnipeg and Quebec ... I would only go back that far if the players from those 4 leagues from then until now still are draftable

D) as far as screenshots go is it like with stream u can hi F12 and they go into ur stream account folder or do u have to hit print screen and paste it through paint and do it that way?

e) i read over in the first impressions that they only list players height in what not in inches can we not do feet and inches?

f) this one is the deal breaker for me, i read that u can only invite 23 players t camp is this fixed or is it not going to be fixed for this years version in a upcoming upgrade?

Last edited by Sabres2000; 11-19-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #1078
colingm
Bat Boy

Is there a place to set 3 on 3 lines?
colingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #1079
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colingm View Post
Is there a place to set 3 on 3 lines?
Not yet, but we're working on adding it. Won't be in the next update, but hopefully soon after that.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #1080
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
A) a site or spot in the forum where I can check out rivers before I buy
There's no demo at the moment, although we're looking at creating one when we have time after fixing everthing that needs to be addressed in the short term.

Quote:
B) if say I go to 2007 or 2000 any NHL players drafted between then and now between NHL OHL whl and qmjhl will they be in the game?
If they've played in the NHL, they'll be there. I'm working on expanding that to include all draft picks, even if they didn't make it to the NHL, but it'll be a slow process.

Quote:
C) kind of second part to my second question... If that is the case and that does happen... The year that Atlanta moved to Winnipeg instead of that move can I just create two expansion teams of Winnipeg and Quebec ... I would only go back that far if the players from those 4 leagues from then until now still are draftable
No, in historical mode you're limited to the actual expansions that occurred.

Quote:
D) as far as screenshots go is it like with stream u can hi F12 and they go into ur stream account folder or do u have to hit print screen and paste it through paint and do it that way?
If you have the game on Steam, you can do it either way, if not, then Pinrt Screen/paste.

Quote:
e) i read over in the first impressions that they only list players height in what not in inches can we not do feet and inches?
Not sure where you read that, height can be shown in either feet/inches or centimeters.

Quote:
f) this one is the deal breaker for me, i read that u can only invite 23 players t camp is this fixed or is it not going to be fixed for this years version in a upcoming upgrade?
The preseason roster size is unlikely to be expanded this year, but we'll be expanding the training camp options in future versions.