Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #261
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
It tried to do something that time at least, but I still got "upload not possible."
Ok, so after I recreate the team file, it uploaded...problem now is that even after 10 minutes of refreshing, the file isn't there????

Index of /ssghockey/exports
Old 09-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #262
jwinn66
Minors (Double A)

Can anyone help me figure out how to extend coach/scout contracts? I'm at a loss.
jwinn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #263
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinn66 View Post
Can anyone help me figure out how to extend coach/scout contracts? I'm at a loss.
Close to the end of the season (approx mid-June) you get messages in the news section - then you can negotiate new deals with pop-up in the right upper corner of the news screen

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 PM   #264
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
Nobody knows if there is a "Can't Be Fired" option?

Seems like a major flaw that coaches and GMs are getting fired midway through the first season of an Expansion.
The "Can't Be Fired" option is on the "Add Manager Dialog" at the start of a new game.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:36 PM   #265
jwinn66
Minors (Double A)

Thanks. Seems like we should be able to access contract extensions through the Action menu on the individual staff member screen. Maybe in the next update.
jwinn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #266
uknewyork
Bat Boy

In fictional mode, I still can't figure out how to start before July 1st, thereby allowing me to edit. It always starts on August 15th
uknewyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #267
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
Ok I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I haven't been able to find it.

Cash being part of the trade, is this possible? The box is there in the trade section but I'm not able to ask for cash or include cash in any trade I've tried.
The cash window, if I remember correctly, will only work for leagues that have European-style player transfers enabled - you can't trade players for cash in the NHL, for example. I'd like to use that window to incorporate retained salary in NHL deals at some point, but assigning value to that in a way the AI can understand is a little tricky.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:57 PM   #268
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Have you tried playing in 'Commissioner Mode'? I know at the start of the game you're offered the 'can't be fired' option, not sure if it's available when you've started the game.
So I can only select it at the beginning of the career?

That's a bummer.

Good luck getting through a season of Expansion without clicking that.

That's a huge let down. Wasted hours and hours for nothing.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:59 PM   #269
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
So I can only select it at the beginning of the career?

That's a bummer.

Good luck getting through a season of Expansion without clicking that.

That's a huge let down. Wasted hours and hours for nothing.
I could be wrong and unfortunately don't have the game in front of me right now to verify, but go into your 'Manager Options' tab and I believe the 'Can't be Fired' option is still there after game start?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:59 PM   #270
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknewyork View Post
In fictional mode, I still can't figure out how to start before July 1st, thereby allowing me to edit. It always starts on August 15th
There is no way to modify the start date at this time.

If you are in commissioner mode you are able to edit some things year-round, but in terms of going in for expansion and stuff, yes, that needs to be July 1.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #271
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
Just took over an expansion team, and when I look at personnel, I am listed as the GM and Coach. Is there anyway to change that so I'm just the General Manager. I hired a Coach(commish mode), and he shows in my list of personnel, but can't figure out how to get him to show above that list in the Head Coach tab?
One of the 'Manager Options' in the game is to choose either Manager/GM or just GM.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #272
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhrangerfan0809 View Post
Thanks, but how do I now assign that player to the bantam team? It still doesn't show up as an option under "current team" on the player editor page.
Ah, it looks like the generic leagues (including bantam) aren't on the team menu in the editor for some reason. We'll have to fix that, sorry.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #273
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunt3m View Post
Jeff, I remember that years ago you came to the Blueline forums and posted some interesting information from one of the EHM research guides.

Curious to know if a similar guide was produced for FHM and if it would be possible for the public to have a look at it?
It was. I can't publish the whole thing, since there's some stuff in there about internal mechanics we'd like to remain restricted to research team use only, but I've incorporated big parts of the section that explains player and staff attributes in detail into the manual - see the Player Attributes and Staff Attributes pages in the Game Concepts chapter.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #274
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Where are the files folder downloaded to on a Mac? I know where my OOTP files go and i dont see them in "application support"
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #275
mikersanderson
Bat Boy

Is there a way to incorporate the option of "Use Fictional Names" from OOTP into the game? I want to use the existing real-world database and teams and set-up, only with fictional names. Can we do that right now with the way the game is presently set up?

This game is a huge step forward for the series, and I have to commend all developers for what will be a massive time-sink for me.
mikersanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #276
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter- View Post
Why is it maximum 8 foreigners in the Swedish Hockey League? I play with Luleå Hockey and they have 11 foreigners and I want to play with all the players at the beginning in the game, but it will not work then :/ Could you change this?
We have to assign limits to some leagues that don't technically have them because of the "unwritten rules" that limit the number of foreigners that actually get signed. Otherwise, the AI tends to bring in an unrealistic number of foreign players. But it looks like I need to increase the SHL limit by a few players, since Luleå is using so many this year - they have the Slovak kid loaned to Asplöven, but the rest have been playing regularly.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #277
rmartin65
Bat Boy

Can I offer a player to all teams? I see the option to place a player on the trade block, but is there a separate option (such as in OOTP- though I know that they are separate games)?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #278
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

When you create a GM/coach, there is a field for assigning your reputation but is always grayed out and set to automatic....anyway to change that when starting out? Not sure why its an option if you can't change it.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #279
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey View Post
Am I missing something, or is it impossible to find career advanced stats on players? That's kind of a big thing not to have available.
At the moment, no. It's been a while since we updated the stats views on the career stats page, we need to take a look at those. Might be some complications with getting Corsi etc. in there, though, as they're derived from some other stats which may not be retained from year-to-year right now, and I'm not sure how bad the memory/save size hit will be to keep them in the history.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #280
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
With regards to trades, does the AI know when it's trading with itself and when it's trading with a human?
Sort of. The system that drives the AI to seek out trades doesn't differentiate between targeting human- and AI-run teams. But once negotiations are entered, an AI-AI trade negotiation works differently than a human one - it's driven more by the intent to find a balanced trade that satisfies both teams. AI-human negotiations, on the other hand, work more from the standpoint of preventing the smarter human from exploiting the AI's weaknesses - there's a five-player/pick limit on human offers now, for example, after a tester figured out how to pile up a massive number of low-round picks to break the AI and get McDavid in return.