Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 07-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #21
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I know the free version for facegen doesn't allow hair hense the hats work in OOTP, however if we go for "realism" with facegen in FHM hats or gear don't apply... how does the paid version of Facegen work? could we all chip in some money to donate to get the full version and take advantage of hair? There are so many hardcore fans on this site and fans of OOTP and FHM, I'd think it would be quite easy to pay for a full copy, no?
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:18 PM   #22
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey View Post
I'd also vote for no helmets in facegen -- it's not the way players actually take their promo photos, and it's going to make everyone look awfully similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
I know the free version for facegen doesn't allow hair hense the hats work in OOTP, however if we go for "realism" with facegen in FHM hats or gear don't apply... how does the paid version of Facegen work? could we all chip in some money to donate to get the full version and take advantage of hair? There are so many hardcore fans on this site and fans of OOTP and FHM, I'd think it would be quite easy to pay for a full copy, no?
Unfortunately this isn't really a 'voting' situation ... And, I am not really sure what the deal is with hair in Facegen ... the non helmeted heads in FHM 2 currently have some pretty basic hair models as seen by the example I posted. .. I am not sure where they came from or what the deal is on that. I will check in with the developers.

To be honest I was a bit surprised when I saw helmetless characters in the last couple builds as I thought it would be all with helmets.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #23
Smetana
All Star Starter

Solution:

Old 07-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #24
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Great ..... now we can wait even longer for peoples approval for pretty fake mugshots before the game will become available as people argue about realism and forget about the games engine and the ability to distinguish player roles...

C'mon guys... let's finish the meat and potatoes and focus on this aspect in future patches for crying out loud.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:39 PM   #25
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Maybe I've been spoiled by the OOTP FaceGen, but these faces do like kinda cartoon-ey to me. I'll reserve judgement until I see the headgear screens, though.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #26
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
Great ..... now we can wait even longer for peoples approval for pretty fake mugshots before the game will become available as people argue about realism and forget about the games engine and the ability to distinguish player roles...

C'mon guys... let's finish the meat and potatoes and focus on this aspect in future patches for crying out loud.
The game will not be held up in any way by what people think of the Facegen pictures, although I'm certain you know that and are just venting, anyway !
Old 07-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #27
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

This feature means absolutely nothing to me, but for simplicities sake... why not just have them wear baseball caps? Every hockey team has BB caps as merch...
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #28
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
The game will not be held up in any way by what people think of the Facegen pictures, although I'm certain you know that and are just venting, anyway !
You got me... long day today... decided to login and got myself consumed with this whole facegen thing thats being worked on now... it's frustrating and Ill be the first to admit it..

Sometimes I feel like we are waiting for a re-release of a unknown Axel Rose Chinese Democracy album lol
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #29
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Truthfully, throw a helmet on these guys and call it a day.

No reason to start tweaking with hair for this version. I'm sure it'll look fine.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:41 PM   #30
Max Boyer
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
You got me... long day today... decided to login and got myself consumed with this whole facegen thing thats being worked on now... it's frustrating and Ill be the first to admit it..

Sometimes I feel like we are waiting for a re-release of a unknown Axel Rose Chinese Democracy album lol
I really like your reference to Chinese Democracy lol

Honestly, I really like that the FHM dev team is trying to make this game more unique. With that being said, I cannot wait for the game to come out. Slowly, this sleeping giant is gonna wake up, and if your hard work lives to our expectations, this place is gonna crawl all over again just as much as OOTP and - without a doubt - you're gonna have your hands full with requests. And expect me to be one of them.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #31
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, our lead developer Sebastian isn't involved in the Facegen stuff in any way. That's handled by Jorin and (I believe) Andreas.. so it's not like precious coding/developing/testing/tweaking time is spent by him trying to ensure Facegen hairstyles look appropriate, etc.

Sebastian has actually been making some huge strides this week with something much less trivial to the game and much more substantive than Facegen. It's something I should be able to talk about here in the very near future

I know many of you are pessimistic (and perhaps rightfully so), but things are looking up for FHM2, it's just a matter of ironing out the kinks and ensuring this thing is going to be as steady as possible when we send it out to you all. And I know it's frustrating to not have a specific release date, but this is the way it has to be for this version in order to avoid the mistakes of the past.

Last edited by Cole; 07-06-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #32
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Facegen in FHM 2, Part 2

So we've seen what players without teams look like, now here's a look at what Franchise Hockey Manager 2 Facegens will look like once they have suited up for a team:

And here is what a goalie's Facegen will look like:

Of course, with Facegen enabled, that allows for some customization options for the user, as well as modification possibilities of the template:

The player and manager Facegen photos will age over time, and adjust for height and weight, as well as happiness.

As an example of dynamic changes, here's a fresh-faced 16-year-old :

And here he is 40 years later ... (although let's hope he has hung up the skates by this point in an actually simmed game!)

(Note: Screenshots were created by simply editing a developed 27-year-old down to be 16 and then up to be 56, which explains his ratings staying static)

In the end, Facegen will bring a whole new level of immersion to Franchise Hockey Manager and will be one of many new features to breathe life into the game.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #33
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

One of my biggest complaints about FHM14 rings true in these screen shots. Unless the team is called the "Halifax Hockey Players from the Town of Halifax We Call Them That Because That is Where the Team is From and That is What their Jobs are" I dont understand why the "TEAM" column has to be so large.

By shrinking that you could add four or five more stat columns to the player page.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #34
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

FaceGen with the helmets on looks 100% times better. Great job.

To point out what AlpineSK said, I fully agree with it looking sloppy. If the team name was "centered' a bit it might be more bearable, but their is no reason for the Team Name column to be so big.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:00 PM   #35
tward13
All Star Starter

Agreed. It could easily be half that size.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:02 PM   #36
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

As long as the game is awesome, stick-figures (with a couple of missing teeth) in the upper left would work for me! You don't trade, manage, contract, scout, draft and evaluate the stats of the Facegens...

Looking forward to FHM 2!
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:04 PM   #37
Smetana
All Star Starter

Personally, I have no problem with the spacing of the "Team" column. I'm just happy the "Age" column was moved away from the stats. Now THAT was annoying...
Old 07-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #38
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Those Facegens look MUCH better, great job!

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #39
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Has anybody started working on facegen files for the hockey world yet? I tried doing the Sedins and it didn't turn out so hot, hah.
Oyaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #40
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
Has anybody started working on facegen files for the hockey world yet? I tried doing the Sedins and it didn't turn out so hot, hah.