Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 02-25-2015, 11:58 PM   #81
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I'm trying to answer as many questions as possible, but if you happened to ask one I didn't get answer, it's not because I'm ignoring you.

Some questions I simply don't know the answer to and I don't want to simply guess, and/or it's above my level of knowledge and is something better suited to be answered by someone higher up the food chain.

However, I will definitely be striving to get you guys lots of information on this game between now and May. Between forum posts and regular blog posts, a lot of details will come out to get everyone pumped for the game, so sit tight and thanks for your continued patience!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:08 AM   #82
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Just curious, but you said there's 23 playable leagues in this game?? Do they include Canadian junior leagues and also US college teams or are they mostly just international leagues?? I didn't have FHM1 but definitely plan on getting FHM2.
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:42 AM   #83
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Player value I assume is being constantly tweaked, what broke immersion for me in the game is guys like Kronwall and Marc Staal being waived in early season. Hopefully something I won't see in FHM 2.

Can't wait to hear more about tactics.
I didn't play FHM 14 but as someone that is going to be buying FHM 2 on release day this is a concern. While waiting for FHM 2 to come out i've been playing a bit of old school EHM. It's so annoying to check on a team like the Sharks and see they are struggling only to learn that they have sent a guy (Tomas Hertl) down to the minors who has 14 points in his first 21 games. Not realistic at all
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:00 AM   #84
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfan616 View Post
Just curious, but you said there's 23 playable leagues in this game?? Do they include Canadian junior leagues and also US college teams or are they mostly just international leagues?? I didn't have FHM1 but definitely plan on getting FHM2.
In North-America we have the NHL, AHL, ECHL, FHL, QMJHL, WHL and OHL playable.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #85
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I'm probably not buying FHM2 after the issues FHM1 had, so you'll hear back from me in a year and a half.
Me as well but I will keep updated on all that is going on but if I the improvements are there you will get my support for #3

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #86
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Rocks View Post
Me as well but I will keep updated on all that is going on but if I the improvements are there you will get my support for #3
Cool, thanks.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #87
Duranium
All Star Starter

Seb - when will the Match Engine Patch for FHM2014 hit our machines?

Wating until early summer for FHM2 is just too long for me but playing FHM2014 with the old match engine won´t cut it either

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #88
Cire
Bat Boy

Seems really great.

I've started to play fhm 2014 again after not playing it for a while (was not really that happt with it, but happy to support).

I'm really looking forward to better AI in computer teams. I mean, this save Toronto has pretty much dropped 4-5 of their best players on waivers.

Then it's kinda bugged about picks and after players are picked. For example, i tried to move up in the draft for NJ #2 pick first season, but they pretty much told me they did not want anything for the pick that i was willing to pay. That's not wierd or wrong at all since they are kinda in the need of rebuild. But then after a while in FA i saw their pick was not signed by them and i could trade the right of the player pretty dam cheap.

So they wanted alot for the pick, but when the player was pick and not signed it was pretty cheap. Unless it was som kind of arguement between the two (?) it's kinda bugged imo.
Cire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #89
Tigers3360
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Beta tested FHM 1 liked it bought it was left with a sour taste I had plans for a 40 team league similar to the one I run in OOTP once the leagues were capped at 30 I never touched the game again. I am a huge customization fiend(I know a minority user wise) I was hoping the next release would have the ability to have more than 30 teams. Still unsure if I'll buy this edition or not as I basically wasted my money on the first one.
I do hope it continues to grow and will support and watch it grow from the bench for now I guess.

any plans to allow bigger leagues in the future?
Tigers3360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #90
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers3360 View Post
Beta tested FHM 1 liked it bought it was left with a sour taste I had plans for a 40 team league similar to the one I run in OOTP once the leagues were capped at 30 I never touched the game again. I am a huge customization fiend(I know a minority user wise) I was hoping the next release would have the ability to have more than 30 teams. Still unsure if I'll buy this edition or not as I basically wasted my money on the first one.
I do hope it continues to grow and will support and watch it grow from the bench for now I guess.

any plans to allow bigger leagues in the future?
No plans at the moment but that might change at some point.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #91
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I thought there was going to be expansion? That would mean leagues bigger than 30 teams?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #92
Tigers3360
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll still support and follow you guys just hope it returns one day bummed me out when you guys pulled it from the BETA. I get why just bummed it was never looked at again.
Tigers3360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #93
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I thought there was going to be expansion? That would mean leagues bigger than 30 teams?
Modern mode = real world hockey

Fictional mode = 1 to 3 leagues based on your choice with per-defined league structures.

In both modes you can do expansion (add 2 teams).
Old 02-27-2015, 02:44 AM   #94
ButchertheBaker
Bat Boy

Thank you for the updates and responses to our questions. Looks like the game is coming along very nicely and I look forward to supporting this and future versions.

I did have a couple questions:

1.) In regards to scouting for an upcoming draft, will it be like Football Manager where you get a few basic stats on a player and it's up to you to scout and discover more about a prospect? Or is it similar to OOTP where you get all the stats and it depends your scouting director's attributes to tell how good the player is?

2.) Speaking of Football Manager, I've seen a few references in FHM 2 updates on how there will be similar features borrowed from FM to help flesh out the world. Could you clarify that? Is it referring to media interactions or referencing different story lines about the various leagues in the world?
ButchertheBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #95
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

I know next to nothing about Hockey. But in order to support you guys and learn something about it, count me in for FHM2.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #96
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Doc_Brown;3818310]I know next to nothing about Hockey.

Did you ever work for the Toronto Maple Leafs?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:36 AM   #97
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

[QUOTE=Orioles1966;3818315]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
I know next to nothing about Hockey.

Did you ever work for the Toronto Maple Leafs?
Only on the 2nd Tuesday of every other month.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:21 PM   #98
Jonesey
Minors (Double A)

I bought FHM 2014 not with the intention of spending a whole lot of time on it because I'm spoiled by OOTP and the endless features it provides.

I bought FHM 2014 to support the developers who are creating a hockey management simulation because hockey is my favorite sport and EHM is just too out-dated in my opinion.

I am excited for FHM 3, moreso than FHM 2. You will most likely still get my money for FHM 2 because I want you guys to know you are supported and I know you guys are working hard to get this game where everyone wants it to be.

I do have some concerns about FHM 2 such as not having free customization of league structures. I would really be interested in creating a custom league within the real world universe that directly competes with the NHL for talent and money. I also would love to be able to create a custom league and be able to grow that league to as many teams as I can dream of in a fictional universe.

Either way, I'm excited for the progress you guys are making. The screens look amazing and I can't wait to see what lies in the future.
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #99
dani9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

logos

i have logos ready in 150x150 png format for all the leagues (save china, korea and japan j-ice leagues and japan universities) that were on a screenshot posted in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d-release.html ...can you confirm that those are all leagues with teams in it or are there going to be more? ...if yes could you post some list of those additional leagues so i can prepare those as well? ...i'd like to have them ready when you release FHM2

thank you very much...
dani9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #100
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani9 View Post
i have logos ready in 150x150 png format for all the leagues (save china, korea and japan j-ice leagues and japan universities) that were on a screenshot posted in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d-release.html ...can you confirm that those are all leagues with teams in it or are there going to be more? ...if yes could you post some list of those additional leagues so i can prepare those as well? ...i'd like to have them ready when you release FHM2

thank you very much...
Can you release them for FHM14? I have the main leagues but are missing so many
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote