Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #41
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
Ubaldo Jimenez contract is wrong in the game. It says he signed it prior to the 2013 season and will be a free agent after 2016, when he really signed it prior to the 2014 season and will be a free agent after 2017. He salary for the 2014 season is 11.25 million, 2015: 12.25 million, 2016: 13 million, 2017: 13.5 million
Thanks, had the right contract in but the wrong current year checked. Fixed now.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #42
PsychoBulk
Minors (Double A)

Lukas, will these fixes be in Mondays patch?

Thanks for your diligent work on ironing these kinks out.
PsychoBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #43
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

I am using the game's default 2014 Season rosters (New Standard Game) and when I go into the Milestones Section I find a couple of problems.

Nick Cardinale age 18 with 434 homeruns
David Stauffer age 18 with 294 homeruns
Greg French age 18 with 673 games played
Roy Rivera age 18 with 476 games played
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #44
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk View Post
Lukas, will these fixes be in Mondays patch?

Thanks for your diligent work on ironing these kinks out.
They will, so long as Markus includes the most recent rosters, which he's 99.9% sure to do
Old 04-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #45
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
I am using the game's default 2014 Season rosters (New Standard Game) and when I go into the Milestones Section I find a couple of problems.

Nick Cardinale age 18 with 434 homeruns
David Stauffer age 18 with 294 homeruns
Greg French age 18 with 673 games played
Roy Rivera age 18 with 476 games played
Ok, as with the Cuoci issue above it appears some of the new draft players were assigned id's no longer in use that were linked to stats for former MLB players.

Will have to find and fix these

So please include any instances of this stuff you guys find. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #46
PsychoBulk
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
They will, so long as Markus includes the most recent rosters, which he's 99.9% sure to do
Marvellous, thankyou.

Ill hold off on starting a new game until Monday in that case and instead concentrate on my imported '14 chise.
PsychoBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #47
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I know arguing ratings is not normally a good idea for this thread, but Yu Darvish's Stuff rating shouldn't be that godly. Relative to ML, Darvish's Stuff is 112 out of 100. Second place is Strasburg at 97, third place Matt Moore at 86. Is Darvish really 30% better than anyone else in the entire American League?
Darvish reached 500 strikeouts faster (in fewer IP) than any pitcher in baseball history. So he has the best Stuff, in OOTP terms, of any starting pitcher ever. If he doesn't deserve a 112/100 Stuff rating, there's no reason for the rating scale to go that high to begin with.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #48
Bakerhdx25
Bat Boy

Completely new to the game and the community. Huge stat guru and current college baseball player. Anyway, to my first noob question here, will these updates be applied to a game I have already started or should I wait a while to start a game to get some of these updates in there?

Last edited by Bakerhdx25; 04-18-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Bakerhdx25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #49
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerhdx25 View Post
Completely new to the game and the community. Huge stat guru and current college baseball player. Anyway, to my first noob question here, will these updates be applied to a game I have already started or should I wait a while to start a game to get some of these updates in there?
Who do you play for?

I've spent way too much time working on a huge real roster college baseball project for OOTP here.

Anyway to answer your questions, yes you'll need to start a new game, but the updates will only show up once in a new patch. So wait till the new patch comes out, then apply it, and start a new game.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #50
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you're referring specifically to roster set updates (updated contracts and ratings and things like that), then you'll need to begin a brand new game to see them. Once you start a game and sim forward, all the ratings start evolving, people sign new contracts, etc, so there wouldn't even theoretically be a way to update a game in progress. If instead you meant updates to OOTP itself (new features, bug fixes, etc), those will apply everywhere.

Welcome to the community and good luck with your college career!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #51
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:

Hi and welcome to the OOTP community.

To answer your question any DB tweeks like updating contracts/service time etc etc won't show up in a game you've already started. You'd have to start a new game for the changes to be present.

EDIT: I must react quicker!

Last edited by Doc_Brown; 04-18-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #52
Bakerhdx25
Bat Boy

Quote:
Who do you play for?

I've spent way too much time working on a huge real roster college baseball project for OOTP here.

Anyway to answer your questions, yes you'll need to start a new game, but the updates will only show up once in a new patch. So wait till the new patch comes out, then apply it, and start a new game.
Thanks, got it. I'll probably wait for a few roster updates to start my game then. Oh, you probably don't have my school. Just a little D3 college in Arkansas named Hendrix College
Old 04-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #53
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
EDIT: I must react quicker!
Gosh you're slow
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #54
Bakerhdx25
Bat Boy

Quote:
Who do you play for?

Thanks, I'll probably wait for a few roster updates to start then. Oh, you probably don't have my school. Just a small D3 school in Arkansas named Hendrix College. Pretty decent D3 program
Old 04-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #55
snakeman
Bat Boy

Chris Archer and Yunel Escobar's contract extensions are not inputted into the game
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #56
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Gosh you're slow

That's what watching the Cubs does to people!

BTW seems I was wrong about the topic I thought lots of people would mention.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #57
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman View Post
Chris Archer and Yunel Escobar's contract extensions are not inputted into the game

I think they both took place after the roster set was locked.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #58
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

Andrew Cashner of the Padres is set to throw 98-100 MPH, when in reality, he averged 94.5 MPH on his fastball last year and has averaged 93.5 MPH so far this year according to Fangraphs.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #59
stevens84
Minors (Double A)

Draft Pool issue:

OF Allan Beer has big league stats from 2003

I'll post again if I find anyone else
stevens84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #60
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
Andrew Cashner of the Padres is set to throw 98-100 MPH, when in reality, he averged 94.5 MPH on his fastball last year and has averaged 93.5 MPH so far this year according to Fangraphs.
He did max out last year over 100 mph, and averaged 98 mph in 2012. You can make a case his velo ought to be in or close to that range in OOTP.