Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 03-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #21
LFC1892
All Star Reserve

God, I can't believe this vacancy still exists.........
LFC1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #22
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC1892 View Post
God, I can't believe this vacancy still exists.........
Agreed. A perennial contender in one of most amazing online leagues this side of Saturn is a rare opportunity.

We had our Winter Meetings yesterday afternoon, online at the site's chat window. We have virtually every owner in both leagues. In fact, most owners showed up a couple of hours early just to hang out. You can't find a better group of folks. And the Commish, as usual, ran things smoothly, processing trades seamlessly and making FA announcements as he simmed. Then, some owners joined in a separate, post WM, hour-long analysis of the WM. A good day to be in PEBA.

Last edited by tylertoo; 03-21-2011 at 07:47 AM.
tylertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #23
Isacco
Bat Boy

I send a request to join the PEBA because I like to be a part of this league but I'm Italian so it's very difficult for me to write something in the style of the PEBA' owners. I read many of this articles and the level is too high for me in this moment!
Isacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #24
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

One of our members is German, if that helps.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #25
Syt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
One of our members is German, if that helps.

That'd be me, I guess.

Only (re-)joined a couple of weeks ago, but have to say the experience has been excellent; everyone's friendly and helpful, and the storylines evolving in the leagues are amazing.

If you want an immersive (I'm tempted to say: roleplaying) league where players are more than stats and ratings, this is the place for you.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #26
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syt View Post
If you want an immersive (I'm tempted to say: roleplaying) league where players are more than stats and ratings, this is the place for you.
This is a great summation of the PEBA....
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #27
LFC1892
All Star Reserve

I just hope I am still on the "waitlist" somewhere. As soon as KNOW I have the time needed, I'll politely remind Corsairs of my interest
LFC1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #28
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Issaco, do not be intimidated by the writing you see posted. I am far from a gifted writer and have posted many an article (although not as much recently, I know John, I need to pick up my game).

The league is one of the best, most detailed and fun leagues I have ever joined and could not be happier that John accepted me in.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #29
RonCo
Hall Of Famer

As long as you're having fun with it, the writing is good enough.
RonCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #30
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

The PEBA's 2014 season kicks off Wednesday and we've welcomed two new GMs on board to fill out our roster. Greetings to Alex and Jeff, and best of luck as you steer your new teams to glory! I should note that Jeff, better known here as DesertFox07, is the author of the upcoming OOTP Fantasy Leagues mod. The PEBA will serve as the beta testing home of this exciting new addition to the OOTPverse. From the preview builds I've seen, it's going to breathe new life into OOTP online leagues.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #31
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

The Crystal Lake Sandgnats are back on the market!

The Gnats have never failed to win less than 102 games in their seven-year history

The Crystal Lake Sandgnats are a dream opening. With a franchise record of 659 wins against 317 losses, they are the PEBA's all-time second-winningest team. They ain't slowing down, either. Last year, Crystal Lake won their 7th-consecutive Great Lakes Division title on the strength of a 105-57 campaign. No team has been able to hold a candle to the Gnats for sheer sustained dominance.

It gets better (or worse if you're the competition). Crystal Lake boasts the league's #1-rated farm system. Their embarrassment of riches includes top prospects like C Pepe Espinosa (BA #6 ranked), 3B Chris "Jitters" Long (BA #33 ranked), 1B Lou Powell (BA #26 ranked) and SP Curt "Cobra" Turner (BA #20 ranked). These are the kinds of young players that could totally revitalize a stagnating franchise. In the hands of the Gnats, they're simply the next wave of shock troops, preparing to join an army that is mercilessly slaughtering its foes. Losing is a disease, and "Cobra" Turner is the cure.

Was that not enough for you? Should I bother to mention that the team is swimming in available funds, allowing a new GM to freely explore the free agent market or extend key players? Or that the team has draw over 3.6 million fans to Gnat Field in each of the last four seasons? Or that the deep pockets of owner and Oracle CEO Larry Ellison should ensure steady cash flow over the long term? Nah... by now, I think you've got the picture.

For all their success, there is one thing the Gnats haven't done, and that's win a Planetary Extreme Championship. Oh, they've been close. They've obviously been to the playoffs each year of the league's extistence and they've even qualified for the PEC on two occasions (2008 and 2010), but they've never managed to take home the Rodriguez Cup.

Are you the GM to put it all together and finally bring the Cup to the great state of Illinois? Contact us today and let's find out. The Gnats have opened 2014 with a 2-2 record. Northern Illinois fans won't tolerate mediocrity! Come on down and provide the leadership necessary to give those fans what they're hungering for: Crystal Lake's first Rodriguez Cup.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #32
Athletics17
All Star Starter

If I wasn't in the toughest division in the League of the Rising Sun scratching and clawing for a winning record, I would be on the Sand Gnats job. A big budget team stacked with talent?? this team can be hoisting the Rodriguez Cup sooner than later.

Athletics17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #33
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

The Crystal Lake GM position has been filled (again!) and we're back to a full compliment of members. Crystal Lake has opened the season 9-2 and currently boasts the best record in the PEBA. Robbie, our new Sandgnats GM, is inheriting a heck of a team. Best of luck to you, Robbie, as you attempt to steer the Gnats to their first ever league championship!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #34
RonCo
Hall Of Famer

That would have been a fun team to take over ... except, of course, that it's not in the LRS.
RonCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #35
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

The little team that could needs a GM who can

The PEBA is looking for a GM to take over the Tempe Knights. Tempe has been the feel-good story of the PEBA since their dreadful first year of play. The Knights are far and away the smallest market team in the league. Refusing to use that as an excuse, Tempe rose to glory on the arm of Markus “Fireworks” Hancock, the #1 selection in the 2008 draft. Fireworks became the preeminent pitcher of his generation. He won three straight Golden Arm awards and earned Tempe the Rodriguez Cup in 2012.

Flash forward a year and a half to mid-2014. Having extended themselves to the max to win their championship, management realized that drastic measures were necessary to move the team forward. Fireworks was deal to the Bakersfield Bears in a massive trade involving 10 players, five draft picks and cash. Gone, too, is All-Star SP Conan McCullough; his departure via free agency netted the team two high draft picks. Another mainstay of the rotation, Barney Sharp, was moved to Manchester along with top bat Jason Kirkland for promising minor league talent.

Clearly, it was an off-season of upheaval for the team, yet Tempe has not allowed the youth movement to prevent them from being competitive. As of May 19, the Knights stand at .500, 4.5 GB of the last wild card spot. How amazing would it be if, after all the tumult the organization has been through, it manages to conduct its rebuild while still contending for the playoffs? It seems the Knights have designs on just such a plan.

An incoming GM will have to think on his toes. The PEBA 2014 Amateur Draft will be held live next Saturday, May 7. Tempe holds six selections in the first two rounds. The choices made here will undoubtedly shape the team for seasons to come. You could be the man to make these pivotal choices. Join us and start shaping Tempe's future. We're looking for clever-minded candidates who enjoy writing and participating in an active baseball community. You may be just the man for the job!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #36
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

We're a week away from the big 2014 June Amateur Draft. A draft list is being prepared for the Knights in case a new GM has not been brought in by the time the event arrives, but we'd love for you to have the chance to forge your own draft path. To do so, contact us about the available Tempe Knights GM position right away!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #37
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

With a few people having contacted us, this will probably be the final bump to advertise out Tempe GM opening before the position is filled. Get in touch with us now or forever hold your peace!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #38
Pineapple
Minors (Single A)

PEBA is a tremendously well put together league! It is the best league that I ever have been in... and trust me I have been in a lot of leagues. By my count, I have been in 4 leagues total (and that's including PEBA).

What makes the league great is its friendly atmosphere. We love each other so much that we even started to branch off in other areas. Some league members have met at a Cleveland Indians game. Other members have formed online gaming clans (Civilization, Diplomacy and even the outdated Diablo II).

This league is very newbie friendly. I should know. I used to be one... and some may even attest that I am still one.

I don't believe the commissioner has ever missed a sim in all his years of running the league. Sometimes it makes me wonder if the commish is human at all. I really suspect he is a robot.

The group is very eclectic as well. We have young folks, old folks, technical smarties, artistic literary whippersnappers, people from other countries, people from the USA, and even a woman (ok, I lied about the last part but I assure the rest is true)!

Check out our forums and see for yourself.

Last edited by Pineapple; 05-04-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:24 AM   #39
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

While our immediate GM vacancy has been filled, we'd like to take this opportunity to invite those of you interested in the PEBA to contact us and secure a spot on our waiting list. This is a great way both to get to know the group and to get a feel for whether our league is the right environment for you. Please feel free to stop by our website, look over our archives and then touch base with us by filling out the "Join the PEBA" form. We look forward to hearing from you!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #40
Greeney03
Minors (Triple A)

Any openings Corsairs?

I'm a newb, but I'm addicted to OOTP. Do I have to write articles to join the league? I love writing baseball articles, however life happened recently and it's hard for me to find time writing an article.
Greeney03 is offline   Reply With Quote