Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

On Padres Web site pretty soon.

De-zipify the db to somewhere you can remember, point the league creation dialog to the master.csv contained therein, OOTP will do the rest.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #22
rogmax11
All Star Starter

Okay to that. I believe I can Computificate sufficiably to transcrossdocumentalize the db into my minutificent universe.

One phrase that caught my eye was referencing the interesting developments in the minor leagues. I was wondering if you'd care to expoundilate on what steps, settings, and setups you use. I am curious as to how you get reasonable minor league stats and such, and how you inject all those extra players into your universe.

I know about drafting et al, just trying to set up something that will absorb all those extra goodies in a vaguely believable way.

Yours in confabulous praiseology, rogmax
rogmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #23
SteveP

Now look what you've started! This could get out of hand ...
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #24
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmax11 View Post
One phrase that caught my eye was referencing the interesting developments in the minor leagues. I was wondering if you'd care to expoundilate on what steps, settings, and setups you use. I am curious as to how you get reasonable minor league stats and such, and how you inject all those extra players into your universe.
I do three thngs to make this work nicely.

1) I control roster sizes to give players a chance to play. That means 15-20 man major league rosters in the 1800's but as more players start appearing I add more minor league teams so that most clubs eventually have two teams at every level. OOTP bounces a lot of players between the two teams but it works out. Doesn't bother me but other players have reported the bouncing as an OOTP bug.

2) I do not run a draft but you certainly could. I have the players put on the team they are most associated with via disabling the draft. That leaves just the negro and japanese players as free agents who can sign with anybody. Oddly enough you may notice a trend here if you play a few leagues. Oscar Charleston is almost always a Tiger and Josh Gibson is usually on the Washington team. Not always but usually. That is most likely just because the Tigers are usually weak in the OF when Charleston becomes available and Washington has no catchers worth much when Gibson does.

3) Due to the size of the league I back up often.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #25
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Files have been posted to my website on the OOTP/Databases page.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #26
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Padresfan:

Thanks for bountifyably webifying these files fileasciously.

All your work is much appreciated.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #27
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Oscar Charleston is almost always a Tiger ...
If I have Oscar's debut year correct in my mind, that would mean he'd have a teammate named Tyrus Raymond Cobb.

What a story, on many levels...

Thanks for your yeoman work, Spritze.

The Base Ball Life of Patrick O'Farrell: 2014 inductee, OOTP Dynasty Hall of Fame

Kenilworth: A Town and its Team: fun with a fictional league
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:10 AM   #28
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
If I have Oscar's debut year correct in my mind, that would mean he'd have a teammate named Tyrus Raymond Cobb.

What a story, on many levels...

Might have to have a new injury by mass brawl in the dugout!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #29
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I added "Broke hand punching teammate in the dugout"
Old 11-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #30
gollum65
All Star Reserve

I just posted this in the Garlon DB thread, but I have the same question about this DB:

A while back I ran an OOTP9 solo dynasty that used one of the databases (I think it was a Gambo db, but don't remember for sure) and included the Negro League players. What I realized was that the early 20th century Negro League players such as Satchel Paige and Cool Papa Bell imported into OOTP basically unrated because they had no MLB history to import. I had to research each player and guesstimate what his ratings would be when he was added to the league.

Is that the case with this database version? I am thinking of starting a historic league with my online GMs and I want the Negro League players in it, but I don't want to have to manually rate each player every season.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #31
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Talking

The Negro League players are already done for you. As are Japanese and career minor leaguers and 19th century players and all the rest.

It was the Gambo db that produced unrated players which is actually the main reason I made mine.

I think the new Gambo db may produce rated players.

Just not as well rated as mine
Old 11-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #32
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Smarta**.

The unrated issue was if you were using the DB without the neutralized option. Basically it does not work correctly w/o selecting neutralized.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:08 AM   #33
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

I have a few questions Spritze:

1. I've been using Gambo's db and I find your debut years to be earlier than his. Is that to give players time in the minors? (I'm speaking of early 20s players) If so, what is your advice on moving from Gambo to your db since I am now in 1922? What year would I start importing from to keep from missing players somehow?

2. Would deleting all the Japanese players from the master.csv effectively eliminate them from my world?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:22 AM   #34
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

A quick question...

I downloaded the latest file from PadresFans' site. The DB will load correctly if I start in 1871, but if I try a later date it crashes at 1% through importing players. Is there a quick fix for this? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to test this out...
dpd376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #35
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpd376 View Post
A quick question...

I downloaded the latest file from PadresFans' site. The DB will load correctly if I start in 1871, but if I try a later date it crashes at 1% through importing players. Is there a quick fix for this? Or am I missing something?

Just downloaded myself and it works without a hitch for me.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #36
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

It doesn't for me but Gambo's does. Weird...

I'll have to play around with it this weekend. Thanks anyways
Old 12-31-2009, 03:29 PM   #37
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpd376 View Post
A quick question...

You probably just got a bad download. Try again?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:33 PM   #38
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
I have a few questions Spritze:

1. I've been using Gambo's db and I find your debut years to be earlier than his. Is that to give players time in the minors? (I'm speaking of early 20s players) If so, what is your advice on moving from Gambo to your db since I am now in 1922? What year would I start importing from to keep from missing players somehow?

2. Would deleting all the Japanese players from the master.csv effectively eliminate them from my world?
1> No matter when you switch you may miss some players as

2= Yes
Old 12-31-2009, 03:37 PM   #39
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I do three thngs to make this work nicely.

1) I control roster sizes to give players a chance to play. That means 15-20 man major league rosters in the 1800's but as more players start appearing I add more minor league teams so that most clubs eventually have two teams at every level. OOTP bounces a lot of players between the two teams but it works out. Doesn't bother me but other players have reported the bouncing as an OOTP bug.

Keeping the rosters smaller up to the 50's is essential.
Most teams had a base group of 12-14 players and 7-9 pitchers for most seasons with others showing up via trades or because of injuries.

For example, the Chicago Cub franchise had on the field in various years (during the whole season):
1880 - 13 players / 6 pitchers
1891 - 21 players / 7 pitchers
1904 - 27 players / 8 pitchers
1920 - 31 players / 13 pitchers
1950 - 32 players / 12 pitchers
2000 - 50 players / 24 pitchers (and you wonder why teams are losing money!!)

Keeping ML rosters at around 20 until [changed date] after WWII will give you the most realistic player usage. (but, there are always exception!)

Last edited by plannine; 01-03-2010 at 06:46 PM.
plannine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #40
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
You probably just got a bad download. Try again?
Actually it's the same fix you need for Gambo's DB that he posted in his thread. Find ItoIs95 in master.csv and remove the space between the comma and "Japan." It only would affect a league from 1961 thru 1980. Works like a charm now.