Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 07-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #21
patrick_richards1
Minors (Single A)

almost time!!!

very excited!

patrick_richards1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #22
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,

We have a couple of openings in the Hierarchy. We are on the back end of the Free Agency period and Spring Training is in site. If you are interested, please fill out the JOIN form and select which team you would like to guide in your journey towards the top.

Thanks for your time,
-j
giornaliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #23
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,

Season 4 is just underway and we have a couple of openings. Please fill out the JOIN form and select which team you would like represent in the Hierarchy.

Thanks,
-j
Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #24
George
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just another current WBH member who is really enjoying this league. It's unique and very well run. Come join the fun!
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #25
jjpisano
Bat Boy

I quess I really do not have alot to add, I have been in these league for 2 seasons now and find the concept always keeps you on your toes. The owners seem to stick around and there is not alot of turn over. The league itself is not filled with a bunch of superstars which seems to add to the enjoyment of the league.
jjpisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #26
tlaloc
Bat Boy

I highly recommend this league; we apparently have a single opening right now for a very good team in the Cuban league (the Incheon Inchworms), so go claim it right now. If you like OOTP, you won't regret it. This league is the single best online league I've ever been involved with.

WBH Cienfuegos Piratas
DLB Seattle Mariners
tlaloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #27
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

This is a great league!
There are a couple of teams available.

Join up!
kcroyalgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #28
Deftones2003
Minors (Double A)

I've bumped this league many times in the past and i'll keep doin so cause it's a great league and you are missing out if you really enjoy a fun online experiences.
The premise of the league is truly unique and the rules in place make it very easy for noobs to get their feet wet if it's their first online league.
Don't miss out, here's your chance!!!
Deftones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #29
Deftones2003
Minors (Double A)

just bumpin our way back to the top...
Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 PM   #30
blimphead
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't think I could say anything negative about this league if I tried. The hierarchy is well-structed and if the drama of your own league isn't enough. Trading is allowed across league bounds, so not only can you figure in your own chase for the pennant, but someone else's as well.

Like everyone has already mentioned countless times, the GMs are amazing and without a doubt that's what makes or breaks most OOTP leagues these days. I can firmly reassured this is one of the best run, if not the best run league that I have seen in my time on these forums.
blimphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #31
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

Great League

I agree with what is being said about this league. During the four real life days before the trading deadline ended, we had over close to 30-40 trades. Many active owners that is very knowledgeable in being a great GM.

If you're looking for something challenging with top notch GMs in one league, then this is your league. If you're looking to BATTLE your way to the top instead of cruising through then this is your league.

When you look for a league in OOTP that you can join with a good commissioner, well-structured, and active owners then this is it. Do you think you are as good as many of us here? Then take up this challenge and apply to our league.

We are looking for someone who can tough out their bad days and assemble a championship team. If you think you are the best then come on over and see what you're made of.

Cheers! and see you soon.
thatsnotgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #32
Deftones2003
Minors (Double A)

We're heading into our championship sims and will have a few openings after this season. If you're lookin for a well run league will some simple rules that make it fun and fair for all teams then don't miss your chance to join this league. http://http://wbh.allsimbaseball3.com/ check out the site and click on Join and fill out the application. We have a great group of committed GM's that have made this a very fun league.

Don't miss your chance.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #33
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

Our championship games are done and I would like to congratulate the following...

United States League
Toledo Mudhens defeated Santiago de Cuba Rough Riders (Series went 4-3)

The Mudhens have now won three in a row at the highest level in our league. Congratulations to the owner and his team for building a tremendous dynasty

Japan League
Hukoka Hawks defeated Pittsburgh Pirates (Series went 4-2)

Hukoka will be promoted to the United States League and will face the highest league in World Baseball Heirarchy. Hukoka's first trip to the top league! Congratulations and best of luck to you.

Cuba League
Deadwood Aces and Eights defeated Cienfuegos Piratas (Series went 4-0)

Deadwood had one of the most potent lineup in all of World Baseball Heirarchy. Leading the team to victory was their big hitter Bod Rice. Unfortunately for the Piratas bats went silent and pitchers just fell apart. Deadwood will be heading back to their original league (US League).

Dominican League

Azua Tortugas defeated Moca Machines (Series went 4-3)

Azua had one of the most balanced team in all of WBH. With their speed and power from 1-9 and consistent pitching from their starters helped pave their way to winning the championship. They also had the most wins in the WBH history with 80 wins. Thank goodness he is getting promoted to the Japan League.

South Korea League
Taegu Black Bears defeated Jeonju Jays (Series 4-2)

Jeonju Jays had one of the scariest rotation in WBH. With three pitchers having less than 2.75 ERA. The pitching staff was lead by Chin "Missing Link" Chong. But the Black Bears also had a steady team and was hitting on all cylinders to capture the South Korea League. The Black Bears will be promoted to the Cuban League.

Venezuela League (Inaugural League)
Barquisemoto Obeliscos defeated Anaco Anacondas (Series 4-2)

Barquisemoto had the fastest team I have ever encounter. With a couple of really potent bats. The team was lead by Triple Crown winner Gabino Altemevino. This is the Venezuela Inaugural League and congratulations is in order for Barquisemoto as the first champion of the Venezuela League.

Canada League (Inaugural League)
Quebec Dragons defeated Edmonton Trappers (Series 4-2)

This league was one of the tightest league in all of WBH. Toronto Stings had a huge lead over the Dragons by more than 12 games and just couldn't hold on. While Edmonton and Kitchener Ranger was toe to toe with each other the whole season. Congratulations to the Dragons for becoming the first Canadian team to be promoted. Quebec is heading to the Cuba League and will definitely face tough challengers.

Last edited by thatsnotgross; 09-25-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #34
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

To the potential owners that may not understand our league, here is an explanation.
Before we begin, I want to let you guys know who are running this league. Jay our commissioner and Andre our vice commissioner has been amazing holding this huge league together. They have been on time with exports and their rules are very straight forward. If there are any questions that needed to be answer or a rule that needed to be clarified, these guys are the best. Honest and straightforward to the core.

Each League has their own schedule and they do not play against other teams outside of their league. This helps create parity for the owners in WBH. If the team wins the league, it will get promoted to a higher level. If your team is last in the league, it will get demoted to a lower level of WBH. It helps create WBH into a place where the top teams are facing off each other while the owners that may want to rebuild would rather be demoted.

Instead of having the same type of league that is available this league is unique in a way that your team will be pitted against a league that may be suitable for you. This is why I love this league.

I am in the Venezuela League and was second behind a great team like Barquisimeto. This forces me to work harder to get promoted because the ultimate goal for every owner in the league is to get to the USA League and truly fight for King of the Hill. At the same time, unlike other leagues you don't really want to "tank" a season because if you're last you will get demoted. If you get demoted, you will have to fight your way back to the league that you were in.

Imagine 48 owners that are not in the USA league looking to reach to the top while the 8 owners that are there is clinging by their fingernails not to get demoted is truly a beautiful sight to watch. The owners in our league all have different perspective of how they want to build their team. And every owner is right because there is no exact route to win in our league.

If you’re an owner that is looking for something DIFFERENT and finding an active league, I don’t know where you can find a better place. Imagine the trading blocks that are flooded in our forums, the waiver wires that continually help teams in such an amazing way, and the free agency that will have ALL 56 owners gunning for the best of the best.

The weeks leading up to the trading deadline has saw over a couple of dozen trades, almost every sim there is action on the waiver wire as well as many top prospects being traded away. Active enough for you guys? No, not yet?!?!?! How about a forum section that has blogs about us and owners can talk freely about life outside of OOTP and rivalries that are literally being created every year when someone gets promoted or demoted. You can feel the sense of urgency in the owners’ eyes when they are looking to rebuild or find their missing key to their beautiful puzzle.

My fellow OOTPers, you want the best, here it is!

Last edited by thatsnotgross; 09-25-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #35
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

POTENTIAL OWNERS: if you want something as big as this, this is the place to be at. We do not necessarily need to have OOTP owners to be hardcore and devote their lives into the league. We are looking for owners that have patience with their team and let it grow. We are looking casual or hardcore players, we believe that all owners are the same goal in mind, which is to win. As long as you are responsible and export your team.

Jay has a dream of one day having 120 owners at full expansion and he is half way there. We are looking for owners that can be part of our rock solid group. There is VERY LITTLE turnover in this league because of the knowledge and unique style that Jay has created. If you’re looking for something different, something that makes you think and get you excited. You’re looking at the right league.

If you’re looking for a league to call home, this could very well be your last search for a great league. Once you’re in, the league will present itself to you as the last league you will ever join because this league is truly amazing.

If you’re interested, please take a look at the league’s website and contact our commissioner.

League Name:
World Baseball Hierarchy<o></o>

URL: http://wbh.allsimbaseball3.com/<o></o>
League Type: Fictional (Promotion / Relegation)<o></o>
Rules: http://wbh.allsimbaseball3.com/rules.htm
- $90 MIL Payroll Cap / $15 MIL Cash Cap
- Tiered League Structure
- Custom Financial System
- Results Based Fan Loyalty System
- Unique Waiver Wire Rules
- All Hierarchy Free Agency Pool
- Mentors for Noobs<o></o>
Teams: 56 (120 at full Expansion)<o></o>
Version: OOTP 2007 (required)
Old 09-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #36
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

What are the teams that are available? This seems like a brilliant idea and I would like to try it out.
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #37
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

There are some really really nice teams available. Two different teams in a different route.

AIM:
giornaliereiliv<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> he's the commish and say that you got it from the league listing just now. Also it may be best if you can apply as well on our website. It's under the 'Join' tab.

If anything you can always AIM me: pr1ncejeffie

</AIM:timestamp>
Old 09-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #38
cbe0774
Bat Boy

Application submitted

Long time player. Member of several online leagues. This looks like a great idea and I look forward to playing. I have submitted an application via the website.
cbe0774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #39
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

Draft Reports

Draft Reports by<st1:city><st1>Maracay</st1></st1:city> Fighting Jalapenos from the <st1:country-region><st1>Venezuela</st1></st1:country-region> League GM Jeff Han
<o></o>
World Baseball Hierarchy’s draft is just underway and 56 active general managers are all scrambling to find the players that will hopefully be the cornerstone of their franchise. As we all know the baseball draft is a totally different animal from any sports. The players that are drafted are players that most likely won’t see any time in the big show for a couple of years. Baseball drafts have the least percentage of players making it to the major leagues yet to watch the player you drafted grow into that special and talented player you were hoping for.
<o></o>
56 owners in 7 different leagues, the off season starts now. These are boys that will become men in due time. The future in these boys’ talent can potentially put their team back on the map and skyrocket them to the top of the pyramid. The team that has the top pick is looking for future franchise players that will be the face of their team and city for a long time.
<o></o>
Is there a guarantee in the draft? No, definitely not but these players are the fans hope for excitement in years to come. The draft is all about the future and nothing else. 56 owners are looking to rebuild or retool their farm system. 56 owners are looking to find their future star.
--------------------

An interview with Bonao Bananas GM of the Dominican Republic League, Mathew Hartley, he has been the general manager of the Bananas for more than two years now and his team may be heading for a new direction
<o></o>
Jeff Han (JH) with the Q: You have traded away superstar Domingo Deltoro and let Ricardo Rodriguez hit the free agent market. Is it safe to say that your team is rebuilding?
<o></o>
Mathew Hartley (MH) with the A: Anyone who lets two players of that caliber would have to consider themselves 'rebuilding,' at least to some extent. However, by losing those two players, Bonao has freed up money for the first time in the history of the franchise. We look to be major players in free agency, and are guaranteeing our loyal Banana fans that last year's embarrassment will not be repeated.

JH: Considering that this is a major overhaul, what timetable are you giving yourself to give an adequate run to become a serious contender in WBH?
<o></o>
MH: Optimistically, 2011 will be our year. With a tight salary cap across the board, free agents are always acquirable to those that have the money. The plan for this year is to have a simple team with all the pieces to get the job done, while still having money left over. Then next year, I plan on keeping the team much intact, and adding a few key guys to bolster the lineup and pitching staff.

JH: With the first pick overall in the Dominican Republic League, what is your take on CF Jorge Hinojesa?

MH: We are extremely excited to pick up Jorge. He's as good as it gets offensively, and in the WBH, speed to go along with the ability to put the bat on the ball is something to be reckoned with. Add in his powerful bat, decent glove in the field, and his youth, Jorge will be a staple for many years to come.

JH: What is your outlook on the Dominican Republic League draft overall? Is there substantial talent in the draft?
<o></o>
MH: Quite honestly, I'm very happy with the draft pool. Obviously, there are many jealous folk around of the players that were available for the first two picks, but beyond that, the pool is much deeper than I have seen it in years. The fact that in the fourth round, I will be able to pick up a player, who will contribute someday, though on the bench, is truly rare. Many joked that the <st1:country-region><st1>Dominican Republic</st1> </st1:country-region>was as bad as it got talent-wise last year, and maybe the gods agreed, and are smiling on us.

JH: What kind of message do you want to give to potential general managers that are interested in this league?

MH: If you think you're on of the best GM's around, then we want to see what your made of; that is, if you're up to the challenge. Whether you're looking for a friendly atmosphere, or a competition at the highest level, you need to join the WBH today. With 56 active GM's divided into 7 sub-leagues, all fighting for their chance to reach the <st1:country-region><st1>United States of America</st1></st1:country-region>, the fights never get old.

JH: Thank you for your time on draft week.

MH: You're welcome and good luck the rest of the way!
------------------

If you're interested please come to our website, have a look around and click on 'Join' to apply... http://wbh.allsimbaseball3.com/
Old 10-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #40
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
I am now taking reservations for the Panama and Puerto Rico leagues that will join the Hierarchy in 2011. Note, these are not expansion drafts…the leagues will have all new teams and players. Please fill out the JOIN form if you are interested in being part of this unique league now in its 5<sup>th</sup> season.

It’s great for noobs…we offer a Mentor to every GM who joins the league. It’s great for veterans as well…if you want some serious competition, fight your way up to the USA league to find out how good you really are…or are not.
Please check the first post for details on the league.
Thanks for your time,
-j