Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Customater3
Minors (Single A)

nations.txt editing help

Hi,

I am currently playing ootp 12 on a mac. I am trying to add a nation for my new fictional league I am making. I looked through the forums and was told to edit the nations.txt and cities.txt files. I have the cities and nation prepared but I cannot find the nations.txt or cities.txt files? I was told to look in the database but those two were not there. When I added a new nations.txt file with only one country it did not appear in game, but the original nations were all there. Could some one who knows please help me with this???

Thanks a lot.
Customater3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Well, I got good news...and I got bad news...

The good news is that you aren't going crazy. You can not find them because they are not there. OOTP 12 does not have a nations.txt file nor a cities.txt file anymore. The database structure changed for OOTP 12, so the previous help on the forums will not apply anymore.

Instead, the game now has a world.xml file which contains all of this information in one file. The bad news is that the xml file is more complicated to manipulate on your own, though you can do it in a text editor or a spreadsheet program like Excel. The world.xml file is located in the OOTP 12/database folder.

I forget - is there a way to manipulate the world in-game now? Maybe someone else can help. I haven't done it in v12.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
Customater3
Minors (Single A)

oh, thanks for the info. Guess I was reading bout OOTP 11. XML looks harder though. Is a program like TextWrangler ok? I tried in excel but to me it looked like a textedit program might be better...
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Get an open source application called Notepad++. That is the best tool to use for editing the XML file for OOTP.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 AM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I've been using the regular notepad that comes with windows and have had no problems.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
Customater3
Minors (Single A)

I've heard about notepad++, but i'm on a mac. I think that's only for pc.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

There are some other threads in this forum that can help guide you on editing the world.xml file. Such as: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ult-xml-2.html

There is a way to add nations in-game, but I couldn't find a way to add cities to that nation. Which is fairly not useful. So I think you are stuck with the suggestions in that thread.

Good luck!
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote