Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-19-2006, 11:59 PM   #41
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

OK, I don't think I'm an idiot, but I can't get this converter to work. I've got a 16 team league, 2 sub leagues each with 2 divisions of four teams. I run the converter on a csv file I created from a text file I downloaded from the OOTP 6.5 files. 144 game schedule.

I select the start date (different than the one the computer assigned, two days later). I name the league same as in OOTP. I name the four divisions as they are in the game (just east and west for each subleague, I'm not very creative)

Then I select the option for two leagues two divisions each (I also tried one league, four divisions). I then select the file and hit convert. It says done and voila, there is the file.

When I try to import, I get the same error everytime

"Could not import schedule. The loaded schedule has a different structure as the current league. "

I've been very unsuccessful. Can someone give me a hand with the details I've provided?

Thanks very much
Old 06-20-2006, 10:29 AM   #42
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

Are the Interleague or Balanced schedule options checked within the game? If so, they must be checked in the converter as well. Basically all the schedule options and league structure must exactly match those in the game.

Personally I don't see why Markus had to put that first line in the schedule file. There could have been an easier way to format a schedule file that doesn't involve cryptic structural lines.

If it had been this way, the converter would easily work for everyone.
LeafsFan2005NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #43
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

I tried it without balanced schedule checked and it gave me an error that that particular option was not the same (because I always check balanced sked in the league setup). So with every other attempt I've made, I've ensured that the balanced schedule is checked. I thought of something else, and I'm at work right now, unable to test it, but should I use the conference/subleague names rather than division names?

I also made sure that the original text file that I downloaded was set up for two subleagues, two divisions per, in case you were wondering. I also tried to convert the txt file, as I think the latest version of your program allows that, and got the same error.

I'd really like for this to work because the default schedules suck. It keeps giving the same day off to all teams. I hate that. Thanks for replying to me...
Old 06-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #44
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

I'm thinking it could be a problem on my end. I had to recode the converter so that if you have a sub-league with no teams and no divisions (for those wanting to start from the beginning of pro-ball but not wanting to mess with the hassle of dividing the teams into "divisions") then the League Structure line would reflect this.

I do have an idea tossing around in my head at the moment to just recode that entire portion of the program so that you just input all this manually (# of teams, divisions, etc.). It'll probably take a few days to implement, but, in the meantime, post a copy of the schedule in question (both the old and the new) and I'll check it out.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #45
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

Hi, sorry for getting back to you so late. I tried again, but set the interleague play on, in case I messed up somewhere, but that gave me the error that the interleague switch is different than that in my league.

So anyways, these are the two files...hopefully I can attach them both. I'm pretty sure the text file is the one I converted into csv.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl american_baseball_association_c_2006.lsdl (56.8 KB, 141 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule16team.txt (18.6 KB, 125 views)
Old 06-21-2006, 12:13 AM   #46
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

Yes, I see where you messed up already. I suppose it's mostly my fault as well for not noticing this could happen, but it seems you input division names in the Sub League division boxes instead of the number of teams in each division. For this I appologize. I should have placed a check to make sure numerical input was being placed in those boxes instead of anything.

But just go back and input the number of teams in each division and you should be alright.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #47
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

Right o. I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks!

Sorry for causing so much confusion
Old 06-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #48
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

It's alright. I've now fixed it so that instead of manually entering number of teams in a division, you can choose them from a box instead. Provided there's no more kinks, I'll compile the new version tonight and upload it for everyone to use.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #49
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

Ok, so I've imported my schedule without advancing a single day. I look at the autoplay options and it says that the season ends on Sept 6th with the playoffs starting on the 8th. I look at my schedule file and the last day of the schedule is on September 12th. Will OOTP update that? I don't want to run into a problem with the game thinking the regular season is over and scheduling post season games while I'm still trying to win a pennant (if I'm even close)

EDIT: I advanced the game by one day, I'm still in January, and it still shows the end of the season being the 6th of September

Last edited by CalvinHobbes; 06-22-2006 at 10:36 AM.
CalvinHobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #50
ctorg
Global Moderator

I just wanted to say that I used this utility to convert several old schedules I had and it worked brilliantly. Thanks for the first super-useful utility I've seen for OOTP2006!

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #51
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes
Ok, so I've imported my schedule without advancing a single day. I look at the autoplay options and it says that the season ends on Sept 6th with the playoffs starting on the 8th. I look at my schedule file and the last day of the schedule is on September 12th. Will OOTP update that? I don't want to run into a problem with the game thinking the regular season is over and scheduling post season games while I'm still trying to win a pennant (if I'm even close)
The game seems to have that problem. I've been playing around with doing some 19th century baseball and for a few years the season didn't start on the same day every year, depending on the league. I've noticed that when you import a schedule, the game doesn't update when that schedule starts or ends as far as the Important Dates dropdown menu. Perhaps that's a bug in the game, but who knows.

The other problem I had when importing 19th century schedules was the game wants to schedule and All-Star game for some reason. Other than there not being one at all, the game seems to do want to do this on the first day after the start of the season. Even when I go into options and disable the game, the Important Dates dropdown still shows the game being schedule and still selects All-Stars for each league.

Basically, all you can do is ignore what the dropdown menu says. Even if it says X/XX/XXXX - Opening Day, regular season games will still be played before this date if they're scheduled. The same can be said for the end of the regular season. No matter what it says, the game will still play all regular season games before starting any playoffs. Not to mention the game has to take in to account the possibility of a tie (or ties) and will have to sort those out appropriately (provided playoffs are even allowed) before the postseason can even begin.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #52
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

Oh, good. I was a little bit concerned because I've run into issues with 6.5 where it thought the season was still going and wouldn't schedule playoffs.

That's perfect then. I'm very happy with this whole schedule thing. I'm taking my time getting into a new league until the second patch is out, but I don't see any harm in playing a few spring training games as is.

I've also run into that All Star problem as I'm loosely basing a fledging American baseball league on history, except that I don't really know any history besides that the All Star game didn't exist until the 50s or so.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #53
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've uploaded Version 1.5 of the converter, in the first post, as always.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:29 AM   #54
Kyros
All Star Reserve

see post below..... please

Last edited by Kyros; 06-26-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #55
Kyros
All Star Reserve

When trying to import a schedule I get this error that says;
"XML Parsing Error" and below that it says; "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 3".

What is this and what does this mean and how do I fix it? I've done everything possible to try and get this to work. I'm stuck and very frustrated.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #56
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

Download the latest version. I had that problem as well at one point, and it turned out to be that I didn't put a space after the last double quote that goes around the C_ part of the header file. I had attempted to put an actual comment after that, and aside from that error, the game wasn't wanting to load the schedule so I took it out.

Anyhoo, just download the latest version (which will be the last version for now, I promise) and all should be well.

Thanks again.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=121664
Old 06-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #57
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2005NC
Download the latest version. I had that problem as well at one point, and it turned out to be that I didn't put a space after the last double quote that goes around the C_ part of the header file. I had attempted to put an actual comment after that, and aside from that error, the game wasn't wanting to load the schedule so I took it out.

Anyhoo, just download the latest version (which will be the last version for now, I promise) and all should be well.

Thanks again.
Thanks. So what should mine look like then if it is like this'
major_league_baseball_ml_c_1940 OR like this
major_league_baseball_ml_c_ 1940
Old 06-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #58
Kyros
All Star Reserve

-
FINALLY IT WORED after over 16 hour of trying to get this to work I finally got it. Damn man.......

It is supposed to be like this C_ XXXX (with that space like you said). Now I have teams playing on different days and the all-star game is on the day I said it to be.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the help. I really....really......really appreciate it.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 PM   #59
Kyros
All Star Reserve

OK, one more question. What is the best way to get the schedule to create different ones each year or is it best just to use the same one all the time? For example, I am using gmo's schedules along with your converter so do I have to load a schedule every year or will the game read my
majore_league_baseball_ml_c_ 1940 automatically? Or do I just change the 1940 to 1941, then 1941 to 1942 and so on? Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:16 AM   #60
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

From what I understand, if no new schedule is found each year, the game just shuffles the matchups around, but still holding to the day the regular season starts and going from there.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=121664