Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
arod23
Major Leagues

New Arod23/Garlon DB now available

Please post questions/comments in original post:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...109430&page=10
arod23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
Russ
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Woot! Thanks for all of your hard work guys. I'm looking forward to playing with this.

This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Woot! Thanks for all of your hard work guys. I'm looking forward to playing with this.
Same here
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
JWay
Hall Of Famer

!!
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
"
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:18 AM   #6
arod23
Major Leagues

Updated version 1.2 ready for download

Names fixed, pitcher's batting games fixed, etc.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:16 PM   #7
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

I absolutely love this database, thank you for the effort!

I do not know if it got into this update or not but Cherokee Fisher is misspelled 'Cheroke' I believe.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #8
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

1871 Quickstart file available HERE
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #9
DunnFan37
Bat Boy

For Some reason I can not get it to load. Here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to start in 1901 with full minors. When I import the database everything seems to be fine. I edit the awards names, and all the other stuff. But when I click on create league, it starts doing all fictional stuff. Am I doing something wrong please help. I started using Tiger Fans 2902 quickstart, but if I played into the 2000 years, I would like to have all-minors. Thanks for the assistance!!
DunnFan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
JWay
Hall Of Famer

to have full minors you WILL need fictional players.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #11
DunnFan37
Bat Boy

Do I have to have players on those teams? Or will it be ok for the rosters to be empty?? I just want some sort of a minors system, with my real-players historic league. So when I get further along in my sim and more players in the database, they will have somewhere to play and develope. Thanks...this is what I am trying to do.
What is happening is after I click on import historic league, all the real teams show up. But, when I click start, the game starts importing fictional teams and players. What am I doing wrong..it has to be a database issue??? THanks
Old 06-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
JWay
Hall Of Famer

all teams have to be full with fictional players, and when you run your sim your lowest minor league team will often run out of players. Its recommended that you just set the player creation modifiers for the minor leaguers to .100 so they never see MLB playing time except in extreme situations, works for me.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #13
DunnFan37
Bat Boy

Thanks, I will try it out!!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:26 AM   #14
<Pion>
All Star Starter

EZUse program for running historical leagues

Wrong Thread
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #15
arod23
Major Leagues

Version 2.0 Available

*NEW to v.2.0*

- Deleted fielding data (eligibility) for positions where players did not play a significant portion of games

- Deleted UA/PL/FL league players who did not have significant playing time in other leagues
These leagues are considered by experts to be below “major” league levels. If included, these players influence the outcome of league performance in subsequent seasons.

- Created OF eligibility in other OF positions
Based on each player's primary OF position, we adjusted the games played in the other OF positions so OOTP would assign ratings for all OF positions. The reason is that OOTP only gives fielding ratings in OF positions in which a player actually played. So, OOTPs AI will not give a RF player eligibility in LF if they do not have any ratings. This creates situations where a team may have no eligible LF on a team but actually have six OFers. And, the AI may even insert a player that has no OF experience. Realistically, OFers should be able to play in any field, although their effectiveness may not warrant such a move. So, CF now get rated in the corners at roughly half their effectiveness. Corner OFers get rated in the opposite corner at half effectiveness and in CF at 25% effectiveness. Due to the way the two fielding files are setup, this was only done for 1871-1995 OF positions. So, players post-1995 will only have OF eligibility where they have accumulated actual stats. (We are working on ways to address this).

- Fixed zero "errors" in pitching and batting files.
We added 1 BB or 1 SO to a few players who had zeros for BB and SO data, typically players with little playing time. When BB and SO data is zero, OOTP's ratings for Gap, Eye, Ks, Control are out of line with other players (likely due to some ratio equation which doesn't like zero in the numerator or denominator). For example, zero strikeouts in 600 at bats is impressive and should be rewarded with a great K rating, but zero strikeouts in 5 at bats doesn't really warrant the same kind of rating. Also, players with triples and no doubles caused strange gap ratings, so in those cases we gave players one double. Very few players were affected.

- Fixed leap year birthdays.
In some cases, leap year birthdays (February 29th) cause an import error. These birthdays were changed to February 28.

The following files are also included for user preference:

- FieldingOF-actualOF.csv
This is the original OF file based on the actual historical OF data and does not include players having eligibility in other OF positions.

- Master-NoNicknames.csv
Copy of the master file with nicknames removed. Catobase for OOTP6.5 does not do well with nicknames.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #16
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Arod, if you could do a comparison of player's hometowns vs. cities.txt and come up with a list of cities that are missing, I will do what I can to get them into the game file.

A small start has already been made, but I think only the surface has been scratched.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #17
arod23
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
Arod, if you could do a comparison of player's hometowns vs. cities.txt and come up with a list of cities that are missing, I will do what I can to get them into the game file.

A small start has already been made, but I think only the surface has been scratched.
Here is the list of birthplaces, which includes city, state (if US), country. You can match these up with the cities.txt file

Click to download: birthplace.txt
Old 07-20-2006, 04:43 PM   #18
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Can a script be written comparing the cities.txt file to arod23's birthplaces.txt, and then output of the missing cities posted?

There's 4002 items to evaluate, and I'd appreciate the help.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:28 PM   #19
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Radiergoo - Why do you want to add more cities to the cities.txt file? Is it just so that fictional players can also be created in all of the cities that a major leaguer came from too? If you import a historical player from the DB the game grabs his birth city right out of the master.csv file in the DB anyway, so there's no need to have that same city in the cities.txt file.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:34 PM   #20
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon
Radiergoo - Why do you want to add more cities to the cities.txt file? Is it just so that fictional players can also be created in all of the cities that a major leaguer came from too? If you import a historical player from the DB the game grabs his birth city right out of the master.csv file in the DB anyway, so there's no need to have that same city in the cities.txt file.
#1 Yes, for alternate universe games, I'd like some players ( Harvey Haddix ) to come from Medway, Ohio, which is not in the file.

#2 Not all players import from the master.csv properly, and many come from towns too small to be in the file. If added, with geographical coordinates, the free agent process will be better, even if by a small percentage.

It's small, but repeated efforts that pay attention to detail that will make this a better game.