Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 01-03-2006, 12:02 AM   #41
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbraves
do you know when the site is going to be up?
i got word the website will be up by this weekend at that latest, if not sooner. in the meanwhile we can take this time to brainstorm in this thread. i want to make sure we get the rules down pat. we got some rather unique ideas being thrown around here in terms of hiring/firing and penalties for excessive trading and i want to make sure our execution is seemless and challenging.

Hell Atlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:28 AM   #42
Cubsgnrlmngr
Minors (Triple A)

How about this idea. You must have 100 points by the end of 5 seasons to keep your team. Ways to earn points...
  • 50 points for having a WS championship one season
  • 50 points for making the playoffs each year
  • 50 points for 100 win season
  • 5 points for making the playoffs one season
  • -25 points for having the worst record one season
  • -25 points for not making the playoffs each year
  • -25 points for losing 100 games in a season
BONUSES
  • 20 points for pitcher winning Cy Young
  • 20 points for player winning MVP
  • 10 points for having an all star
  • 10 points for having a gold glover
  • 10 points for making a profit
  • 20 points for making a huge profit (20 million+)
Yet I do think it is fair that each team will have the ability to clear for rebuilding state that year where none of these penalties nor bonuses go into their team. They have the choice of calling for rebuilding state before the first sim of the season has started. If you make the playoffs while in rebuilding state it will still count as rebuilding state. They are just given 20 points per "rebuilding state" year that they chose. Though it is only allowed once per 5 year contract.

(If you do get 100 points after 5 seasons, you get another 5 year contract.)

Of course this has flaws but I'm just throwing ideas out on the table.

Now here's for trades. I don't want to "limit" trades in a season but I think this could be a good idea...
  • The limit of trades you can make per two sims is one.
  • This rule can be broken during the last two sims nearing the deadline.
  • Off season is just as same as the deadline as you can make as many trades as you want to make your team up. Though you must understand as soon as the season starts, you better get serious.
This may not influence much less trades but it will stop teams from having 3 trades in a sim.

Just my

If you don't know who Kirby Puckett was or of his face escapes you're memory at the moment. Check this short video out about one of the most clutch baseball players in the history of the MLB.

R.I.P.

Kirby Puckett

Last edited by Cubsgnrlmngr; 01-03-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Cubsgnrlmngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #43
PBL Commish
Minors (Double A)

im intersted in this league.

i have ootp, but im not very good with exporting so id probably not wanna join if i have to have the game.

my emails are agiannetta@sasfresno.com and sportfreak0909@yahoo.com

my aim is llbballa04
PBL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #44
Cubsgnrlmngr
Minors (Triple A)

Ur not very good at exporting? I don't understand it. LOL it's one click of the button.

If you don't know who Kirby Puckett was or of his face escapes you're memory at the moment. Check this short video out about one of the most clutch baseball players in the history of the MLB.

R.I.P.

Kirby Puckett

Old 01-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #45
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubsgnrlmngr
Ur not very good at exporting? I don't understand it. LOL it's one click of the button.
indeed, all that's needed is to click "export via FTP". nothing else for you to do.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #46
Gunit50Cent
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Id be interested in the Cubs,Yankees,White Sox,Dodgers
Gunit50Cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:13 AM   #47
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

updated all the claimed teams. that's rather impressive for the first day, you all should be proud of yourselves.

Old 01-03-2006, 01:14 AM   #48
Jacks 19
Bat Boy

Cardinals

I would be interested in the Cardinals.
My aim is RipkenRobinson

The league sounds great I have been looking for a more realistic league
Jacks 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:59 AM   #49
jpogue
Minors (Single A)

Updated ideas. Thinking around 400 pts to get a renewal. That would basically mean u need to keep a profitable team around .500 winning pct for 5 years. Let me know if u have any other ideas

Five Years to start. (this enough time to see a pattern)
§ Make playoffs = 20pts
§ Win Playoff game = 5 pts
§ Win World Series = 40 pts
§ Winning Pct > 65% in one season = 25 pts
§ Winning Pct >50 <65 in one season = 20 pts
§ Winning Pct >40 <50 in one season = 10 pts
§ Winning Pct <40 in one season = -10 pts
§ Make Profit in any season (> a certain amount)= 30 pts
§ Lose money in any season (> a certain amount)= -15pts
Team Bonuses
§ Make Money consecutive years = 10 pts per year
§ Lost money consecutive years = -10 Pts per year
§ Playoffs consecutive years = 15pts per year
§ Win WS consecutive year = 20 pts per year
§ Best record in League = 25 pts
§ Worst record in league = -15pts
§ Increase winning Pct = 1pts / pct pt
o Consecutive Year multiplier = 1 per year
§ Decrease winning pct = 1 pt / pct pt
o Consecutive Year multiplier = 1 per year
GM Bonuses
§ Trade away 4 or better local popular player = - 15pts
§ Trade away 2 or better local popular player = -10 pts
§ Trade for 4.5 star or better prospect = 10 pts
§ Trade for 4 or better national popular player = 10 pts
§ Trade away 3 or better national popular player = - 10 pts
§ Sign 4.5 star or better free agent = 25 pts
§ Sign 3.5 star or better free agent = 15 pts
§ Resign 4.5 star or better potential Free Agent = 5 pts
jpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #50
TigerFanRob
Bat Boy

Id be interested in the Detroit Tigers.

If you can pull off this amount of realism it will be a great league. I want to create the ultimate feeder system in the minors for my Tigers, something the real Tigers have never been able to accomplish
TigerFanRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #51
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

being that i've been using OOTP primarily as a multi-player game for the last 2 years (and have been on the same career for like forever), i've been out of the loop as far as which is a good current roster set to use. the last roster set i ever downloaded and used had Mark Prior as a rookie, so you know just how outdated my roster set is.

what is everyone's suggestion as to which is a good roster set to use?

also, this league will have coaches turned off. i plan on using the 1-10 rating system (unless there's any objections or whomever we tab as commish prefers something else). as we solidify things i want to post them in the first post in this thread so that we get things down in stone.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:29 AM   #52
TigerFanRob
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
also, this league will have coaches turned off. i plan on using the 1-10 rating system (unless there's any objections or whomever we tab as commish prefers something else). as we solidify things i want to post them in the first post in this thread so that we get things down in stone.
I vote for atleast the star ratings turned off to make it more challenging. 2-8 ratings is what scouts use and if we are going realistic.....

Be nice to see trades, free agents and player aquire where someone actually reviewed the players career stats instead of ratings. Personally Id like to see all ratings turned off but if we must have ratings Id vote 2-8 for the realism
Old 01-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #53
exoverge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubsgnrlmngr
Hey Mr. Pot.

Why don't you sit down with Mr. Kettle when he learns how to export. No exports for almost three weeks from the Cubs.

http://www.nexgenbaseball.com/league...=leagueexports

Last edited by exoverge; 01-03-2006 at 10:51 AM.
exoverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #54
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

i also want to flesh out rules regarding trading.

this is what i propose, and we can add/drop certain aspects as we see fit:

1. no player can be traded more than twice in a season. (seeing how this is striving to be a rather realistic league with low trading i don't see how this should be a prob, but i've seen other leagues start out with the best of intentions and quickly deteriorate into a trade-fest, so i think it's best to make this an actual rule so there's no misunderstanding).

2. any player signed in free agency needs to be on your team for one whole year PLUS can not be traded until July of the next year (the month of the trading deadline). i don't think you see many teams sign a player to a nice contract and quickly trade them for prospects. if that were to happen in real life that team would never be able to lure in good players.

3. we should have a "10/5" rule, but modify it to like 8/4. as you know, 10/5 rule is any player who's been in the league for 10 years and has spent the last 5 of those with the same team has a no trade clause. 8/4 works a little better in MP leagues, i find, since in OOTP the aging of players makes less older players good. there usually aren't many Barry Bonds/Roger Clemens types in OOTP, ususally after their mid-30's they hit a wall. 8/4 guarantees the player will still be solid by the time he hits that 8 year mark.

- what i'm seeking to do with this rule is make it so that you're even more limited in trading quality guys that would make the free agent pool worthwhile. it's very hard in MP leagues to have decent FA classes. when you limit the teams that an 8/4 player can go to that makes it more likely that player will go to free agency. let's face it, in real life a player *wants* to go test free agency, it's a right they've earned and they almost always cash in with overspending GMs. this doesn't really affect that many players - you don't really see a TON of 10/5 players in real life.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #55
TigerFanRob
Bat Boy

Class the free agents similar to how free agent compensation is and maybe give Class A free agents a limited no trade clause to make it more difficult to trade that player. Limited being more encompassing than just the full season plus till July of the following season. A random selection of teams that the player is willing to accept a trade to
Old 01-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #56
steveman211
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
2. any player signed in free agency needs to be on your team for one whole year PLUS can not be traded until July of the next year (the month of the trading deadline). i don't think you see many teams sign a player to a nice contract and quickly trade them for prospects. if that were to happen in real life that team would never be able to lure in good players.
what happens if a player signs a 1 year deal?
in real life, the Reds signed Joe Randa to a 1-year deal, then traded him to San Diego in July for prospects because their season went down the drain

i know there usually aren't as many 1 year deals signed in OOTP than in real life, but it's still something to consider
Old 01-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #57
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveman211
what happens if a player signs a 1 year deal?
in real life, the Reds signed Joe Randa to a 1-year deal, then traded him to San Diego in July for prospects because their season went down the drain

i know there usually aren't as many 1 year deals signed in OOTP than in real life, but it's still something to consider
that's a good scenario. there's one of two ways to go about doing this:

1. we can have rules upon rules, which eventually makes things *very* rigid, and say if the player is signed to a 1 year contract, then he can't be dealt till at least July of the same year.

2. we can simply say any FA worth having most suredly won't get a 1 year deal, so if you wanted to risk offering Joe Stud a one year deal just so you could flip him for prospects then that's a big risk you take.

that's certainly something to consider. not sure which road we want to take. maybe we could make it so that any player signed to a multi-year deal has to be on the team for at least a season and a half?

Old 01-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #58
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFanRob
Class the free agents similar to how free agent compensation is and maybe give Class A free agents a limited no trade clause to make it more difficult to trade that player. Limited being more encompassing than just the full season plus till July of the following season. A random selection of teams that the player is willing to accept a trade to
interesting. perhaps anyone making over $12million or so is a Class A free agent, and would have a limited no trade clause?

ultimately my goal here is to prevent signing good FA's and then trading them for prospects. that's the end result i'm looking for, so it's just a matter of deciding how we want to get to that result. fun is certainly a factor in any league, but i'm also looking for a bit of realism and in real life GMs just can't go around aquiring real players and selling them off first chance they get for prospects. it's easy in OOTP, cuz we're not dealing with real personalities and the OOTP players don't complain to the media or make life hard on us. a trade-happy GM in real life would never be able to lure players to his team cause the players would say "why should i sign with this team, the GM is probably gonna ship me off at the first sign of trouble". i want people to be held more accountable for their actions, rather than have this environment where people try to trade their way to a title.

if all someone was concerned was with winning, they could play against the AI or join some other league with less restrictions. i don't foresee a problem though, if i assemble a league of like-minded owners.

Last edited by Hell Atlantic; 01-03-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #59
TigerFanRob
Bat Boy

Id say for the 1 year contract the July date should be fine. Not only did that player sign a 1 year deal but other GMs didnt beat other offer so he wasnt all that desireable anyways.

You are basically trying to prevent the Superstars and Stars from moving over and over again which happens in some leagues. Joe Randa is a journeyman player at this point and is just happy to be in the league.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #60
Cubsgnrlmngr
Minors (Triple A)

Since the teams that I've wanted are all taken, I'll take the Los Angelos Dodgers or Cincinatti Reds or Toronto Blue Jays. In that order please!!

R.I.P.

Kirby Puckett