Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #41
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
'The English Game: Netflix replays the birth of modern football'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51574065
MLS has a number of their games available as MLS Classics on YouTube. may kick some of those on this weekend, or just stick with music. My wife worked last weekend and it was not too bad, even without sports, as I could crank metal (which she won't listen to) all day!

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #42
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
I found myself watching Teqball on YouTube the other day. Its ping-pong with a soccer ball. Ferthelovvagawd, kill this damn bug and get me some real sports!!!!
You have got to be kidding me. The only things lower than this on the spectator sports scale are poker and chess.

Name:  451C39DE00000578-0-image-a-54_1507325959284.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  56.7 KB

Notice, no shoes allowed in this sport to prevent injuries (presumably, by stepping on and spiking your teammate's foot).

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #43
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

MLS extends season suspension

MLS remains focused on playing the entire 2020 season and is evaluating all options, including pushing back the end of the season and playing MLS Cup in December, as the league did prior to the 2019 season. The league is also identifying other available dates.

That last sentence is key. As it is, the regular season runs from late February to early October and there are only 34 games to play. Given the other commitments that we discussed earlier (tournaments likely to be cancelled anyway), that leaves much space for schedule compression.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:56 AM   #44
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Lol. He has a great name and a great look.
Ha, Wormgoor played a couple of seasons for the Dutch team I support, ADO Den Haag...

I really miss football

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #45
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Free to watch soccer documentary about Andres Iniesta https://rakuten.tv/uk/movies/andres-...&mid=349507534
Old 05-02-2020, 11:30 AM   #46
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

‘Maradona’s Forgotten Year In Seville’

https://www.skysports.com/football/s...ear-in-seville
Old 05-07-2020, 11:45 PM   #47
jasg224
Major Leagues

Hey! So what do you people think about the possible Liga MX-MLS "Super League"

Personally, I'm disgusted and angry at what the Liga MX and Femexfut people are doing right now.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:47 PM   #48
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg224 View Post
Hey! So what do you people think about the possible Liga MX-MLS "Super League"

Personally, I'm disgusted and angry at what the Liga MX and Femexfut people are doing right now.
That sucks, taking away promotion/relegation especially. I guess it's just part of the general trend in football of going for the money above all else
Old 05-08-2020, 07:50 AM   #49
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

I haven't followed Liga MX much. I like aspects of pro-rel, but if it becomes static, i.e. same half a dozen clubs shuffling up and down, then I think it isn't all that intriguing. The MLS, and US sports in general, have a completely different business model and there is little or no chance of pro-rel being implemented in the US any time soon. If there is going to be a Super League, and if pro-rel was going to be in the way of it, eliminating it may make some sense.

If I was a big follower of Liga MX, I may well feel differently.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:21 PM   #50
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
I haven't followed Liga MX much. I like aspects of pro-rel, but if it becomes static, i.e. same half a dozen clubs shuffling up and down, then I think it isn't all that intriguing. The MLS, and US sports in general, have a completely different business model and there is little or no chance of pro-rel being implemented in the US any time soon. If there is going to be a Super League, and if pro-rel was going to be in the way of it, eliminating it may make some sense.

If I was a big follower of Liga MX, I may well feel differently.
It’s complicated, for sure. As both a soccer & US sports fan particularly so

The MLS has been built in a certain way, which worked to establish the sport better in the US. Other soccer leagues have had promotion/relegation forever, but are considering establishing a ‘closed shop’ despite the financial strength they already have. Where the Liga MX fits on that, I’m not sure.

I personally like the MLB model, while also wanting more Independent baseball leagues, so yeah, complicated Parity is great for fans, but also cuts out ‘free market’ possibilities. Then in a free market, soccer teams being bought and funded by billionaires isn’t particularly fair or interesting either....
Old 05-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #51
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

There’s also the fact that many soccer fanbases have longstanding histories, and passionate fanbases, and feel that a lot is being eroded by the chase for money.

Equally the MLS has created some of these quite well recently, heh.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #52
jasg224
Major Leagues

The Liga MX mafia are doing everything solely to fill their own pockets. As "compensation" for disappearing the pro/rel system the teams in the new "Development League" are getting payed with millions of pesos taken from the bottom teams in Liga MX.

Basically their plan for a Development League is a 30 team league with only 12 non-affiliate teams. This will also be an U23 league so a lot of players are losing out on opportunities to play professionally.

Personally, I'm more of a football fan than a baseball fan, so I have some strong opinions on the matter. I think they are erasing the years of history and hard work of some teams in the second division, messing with the jobs of hundreds of players and ruining the long-term future of the sport in this country.