Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #1
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Historical Database and injury

Seriously something doesn't work with it... It is impossible to play a game with historical transaction and lineup since the injuries were added to the database.

Just today I started one in 1901 with real transaction and real lineup... injury and suspension disabled. 1901 went ok, I guess since no noticecable problem happened, but 1902 started and BANG!!!

This new thing just broke the game since it's now impossible to play historical with real trade as the game just start releasing players non stop.

If you think it works well, explain to me why that happens in simulation with "historical lineup"?

It's nice to add new things for the historical players for a change but it's pointless when it only create problem and make us go back to OOTP19.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)

Last edited by AESP_pres; 04-04-2019 at 02:45 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Did you notice that only four positions players are on the team and that, even if Boileryard Clarke wasn't injured, the team doesn't have enough players which certainly didn't happen at the real april 23 1902?

And yes I know that Boileryard Clarke injury is correct this isn't the problem... the problem is all the players released before the new season launch.

Last edited by AESP_pres; 04-04-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I did what you did. I created the 1901 season and simmed through it. Then I continued simming to OD 1902. Then I simmed a week, a day, etc., and finally to the end of the season. No stoppages.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

OK something weird here... For some reasons the problem happened because I changed the team abbreviation (from WS1 to WSH) for some strange reasons the game switch the historical id to WSH at the end of 1901.

I just did a fast sim without changing it and everything is fine this time... Weird, but at least now I know why.

Guess that explain too why the players aren't added to the team they started their professional career with when we use the minor league database and they played some years in the minor before? I always change the abbreviations to the real one as I don't really like to get stuff like WS1, CL4, etc.

Last edited by AESP_pres; 04-04-2019 at 03:40 PM.