Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:26 AM   #1
vtmx
All Star Reserve

Seeding errors and tier 2 leagues qualifying for the CHL

I noticed two issues during my last playthrough:

1) The play-off seeding in the Czech Extraliga and WSM Liga was wrong. In the semifinals, the first and the second placed teams squared off against each other, while the fifth played the sixth team. Obviously, the first should've played the sixth team and the second should've played the fifth.

2) I managed to win the WSM Liga and get promoted up to the Extraliga. During the preseason, I found out that I somehow qualified for the Champions Hockey League. While I was flattered (), this could never happen in real life. It also seems to be an issue only related to the WSM Liga, since teams from other tier 2 european league (Mestis, Allsvenskan, etc.), haven't made an appearance in any of my playthroughs of the game.

Last edited by vtmx; 03-13-2018 at 07:29 AM.
vtmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:30 AM   #2
vtmx
All Star Reserve

Oh, and also, very minor issues -- Vsetin and Frydek-Mistek in the WSM Liga have attendance/stadium capacity issues that should be resolved at some point. They can be fixed in comissioner mode, but I'd still be nice to not have to fix them every time.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:59 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like it's not re-seeding between rounds, that should be a simple fix.

The WSM-Liga champion getting a CHL spot doesn't seem to be consistent, though - I just ran a season and the winner (Slavia) was promoted to the Extraliga, but wasn't in the CHL; it was just the teams that should've been there. It may be some unusual set of circumstances that has to happen for it to occur; if you can upload your save (instructions here) we'll try to figure out what went wrong.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:36 AM   #4
vtmx
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Looks like it's not re-seeding between rounds, that should be a simple fix.

The WSM-Liga champion getting a CHL spot doesn't seem to be consistent, though - I just ran a season and the winner (Slavia) was promoted to the Extraliga, but wasn't in the CHL; it was just the teams that should've been there. It may be some unusual set of circumstances that has to happen for it to occur; if you can upload your save (instructions here) we'll try to figure out what went wrong.
Alright, I'll try uploading my save sometime later this week.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
vtmx
All Star Reserve

I've just uploaded my save, it's called "wsmligaseed.zip". It's not the same game as this one -- it's a different one, where I played for the Erie Otters before resigning at the start of the 2018/19 season. I noticed that Motor got promoted into the Extraliga, replacing Jihlava, and the issue still persists. Motor got a spot in the CHL and its home stadium shows up as Jihlava's.

Best of luck trying to find out what the issue is.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:16 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it, thanks. I can't see anything unusual about Motor's promotion, so I'm not sure what's going on there. We'll have to investigate further.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:38 PM   #7
vtmx
All Star Reserve

Well, if it helps in any way, I just realised that I edit the average attendances of some of the Czech teams every time I start the game. Most of the time, I just edit two teams if I'm not playing one of the two leagues -- Vsetín's and Frýdek-Místek's, since both of them have the information completely wrong.

I figured since it has something to do with stadiums, it might be caused by that. Hope it helps.