Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Can't Dress Players

Alright,

Made it through my first season and now I'm at the preseason for the 2nd year. Now, all of a sudden, I can't dress any players. When I right-click on a player the 'Dress Player' or 'Scratch Player' is grayed out. I'm a General Manager only and was last season too and had the ability to do this. No settings have been changed that I'm aware of. Anyone seen this before? I can't do it for my minor league team either.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:57 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Does clicking on the "DRE" column on the roster screen work? Just wondering if it's something specific to the right-click menu. If not, I think we may need to have a look at the save to see exactly what's going wrong. Instructions for uploading it are here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:36 PM   #3
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Does clicking on the "DRE" column on the roster screen work? Just wondering if it's something specific to the right-click menu. If not, I think we may need to have a look at the save to see exactly what's going wrong. Instructions for uploading it are here.
Yeah, clicking on that didn't do anything. I uploaded my files as "SHL 1960" in the FTP site.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:07 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

I can get it to dress the player by clicking in the DRE column (but I have to click on a dressed player first to free up the slot) or by using the action menu in the player profile, but I get the greyed-out option on the right-click menu as well. We'll have to investigate a little further to see what's gone wrong there.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
I can get it to dress the player by clicking in the DRE column (but I have to click on a dressed player first to free up the slot) or by using the action menu in the player profile, but I get the greyed-out option on the right-click menu as well. We'll have to investigate a little further to see what's gone wrong there.
Ah, ok, I didn't even know you could click in that column to dress or scratch a player. Right-Click is the only way I knew it was possible. Still, I'm glad to find another bug you guys can fix.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

So... any word on this guys?
Old 02-20-2018, 01:09 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

I didn't notice that you were in GM-only mode at the time, so that's what was preventing the right-click option from appearing - the lineup decisions are up to the coach. The DRE column and the action menu option shouldn't have been working, either, so we've corrected that.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
I didn't notice that you were in GM-only mode at the time, so that's what was preventing the right-click option from appearing - the lineup decisions are up to the coach. The DRE column and the action menu option shouldn't have been working, either, so we've corrected that.
Really? So as a GM I can't dress players? If that's by design then that's fine, I guess, but I feel like as a 'Commish' of the league I should have the option to override that as well as to be able to set the lineups. I noticed that's grayed out as well and set to the coach. Kind of like how OOTP let's the commish who is a GM take over more responsibilities.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

One thing I did want to say, if I'm not supposed to be dressing players, the AI should pick up the slack. Too often I get notifications of a player on the roster being injured and the game is asking me to replace them. How am I supposed to do that if I can't dress or undress them? I think it'd be better if the GM does have control of that. It makes going through the game more difficult and time consuming now.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:04 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

That message is a bit of a legacy of when there was no gm-only option. I think we'll need to be re-thinking the way some of that type of stuff works for FHM5. Although it is useful in that it lets you know if you should be bringing someone up from the minors or signing a free agent to cover for the injured player.