Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
WindyCityFlyerr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Buy FHM4 or stick with FHM3?

Is 4 worth buying, or are there just minor differences between to two? Debating buying it, but if there's nothing major that sets FHM4 apart, maybe I'll stick with FHM3.
WindyCityFlyerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

This is definitely the year where FHM finally has passed EHM imo.
GmOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
WindyCityFlyerr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've actually never played EHM, but
I've heard alot about it. I've only played the last 2 versions of FHM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:37 PM   #4
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

I felt fhm 1-3 were just unplayable for me. This year I'm actually enjoying it. So I definitely recommend it.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #5
WindyCityFlyerr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Out of curiosity; what made them unplayable? And what has made this years playable?
Old 10-20-2017, 02:05 AM   #6
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyerr View Post
Out of curiosity; what made them unplayable? And what has made this years playable?

I thought they were unplayable because there were so many bugs. Also I think the draft is a little better and more fun and I feel like this version is finally good. If you enjoyed the other version then you'll definitely enjoy this one.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #7
WindyCityFlyerr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Awesome. Thanks a lot for your replies. Buying the game now!
Old 10-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #8
RayRayDK
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyerr View Post
Awesome. Thanks a lot for your replies. Buying the game now!

If you are completely new to FHM i would probably wait a bit, until they are done updating bugs and gameplay - I would expect that 35€, you'd get a complete game, but its not quite there yet.

I've played EHM, and really enjoyed it, as its very simple sim, even for new beginner. FHM only passed it this year, because EHM developer is lacking time to update and i have no doubt when new version of EHM comes out, i will be back to that, until FHM gets more in-depth with detail
RayRayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRayDK View Post
If you are completely new to FHM i would probably wait a bit, until they are done updating bugs and gameplay - I would expect that 35€, you'd get a complete game, but its not quite there yet.

I've played EHM, and really enjoyed it, as its very simple sim, even for new beginner. FHM only passed it this year, because EHM developer is lacking time to update and i have no doubt when new version of EHM comes out, i will be back to that, until FHM gets more in-depth with detail
Just out of interest, could you go into a bit more detail about the bolded part above?
Old 10-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I thought EHM was moribund.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #11
RayRayDK
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Just out of interest, could you go into a bit more detail about the bolded part above?
Please don't get me wrong, as im big fan of your game and already spent more than 70 hours since i got on release date

If necessary i would enlighten the game-crashes both on PC and MAC (i've already been in contact with your colleague on steam, and promised to send savegames), the way IA assisted on lineups (now fixed with update), or the part where the game doesn't remember the last screen when pushing back arrow. - i think these few things go bit all-around.

As for the part with comparison with EHM, well - thats just an personal opinion

#88 Ray.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #12
RayRayDK
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I thought EHM was moribund.
If i understand the word "moribund" correctly, i think its just a bit on hold as the development team is very small - but i read somewhere on forum not long time ago, that an update its being worked on, just very slowly
Old 10-23-2017, 06:18 PM   #13
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Here are three things that I'm really really hoping you guys could squeeze in this dev cycle.

1. Saved lineups
2. Allow me to set my lines and have the ai fill in the roles.
3. Show the rating of the tactic not just in the pregame screen but also in the strategy screen when i'm choosing my tactic. As it stands now I have to choose a tactic then go to the pre game screen to see the rating then go back and go through each tactic to see the highest rated one. It would save me so much time if the rating was right on the tactic screen.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #14
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRayDK View Post
If i understand the word "moribund" correctly, i think its just a bit on hold as the development team is very small - but i read somewhere on forum not long time ago, that an update its being worked on, just very slowly
I understood that the last commercial version had its licence encryption hacked and the developers stopped selling it. Is that wrong?

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #15
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I understood that the last commercial version had its licence encryption hacked and the developers stopped selling it. Is that wrong?
EHM returned in the spring of 2015 (via Steam) as an "Early Access" game (with updates ever 2 weeks) and then was "fully released" in December 2015, and there have been a couple/few updates a year since then

Archi at TBL has created an editor for the new EHM and much more can be edited than previously, and editing can be done using spreadsheets too (TBL actually never stopped releasing yearly roster updates, even after EHM ceased development in 2007)
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #16
Habs123
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmOfTheYear View Post
This is definitely the year where FHM finally has passed EHM imo.
I havent played the other FHM games but with the latest patch that adress most of the issues I must say, YES, finally we have a hockey sim that is superior to EHM.

I had to get used to the FHM interface, which took me around 25 hours of play (heh I was hardcore EHM player), but now I navigate with ease through the menus.
Habs123 is offline   Reply With Quote