Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

2 issues with this game

Im gonna be honest here. I was really excited for this game. Im not here to bash on the game just want to voice my opinion about 2 problems. I have tried to play as GM only for Avs. Here are my problems.

1. Even though i have set demotions and promotions so i control it, the AI call up players from minor league automatically.

2. I understand that its realistic that players can train on other positions but the players are changing the positions automatically, and even when i change them back to their original position the AI changes it to a new position. Example: Matt Duchene is a centreman. Thats how i want it. After a couple of months he gets better at playing on the wing so the AI change it for you. I should be that you make the change and it should stay like that.

Maybe i have missed an option in settings but i have checked it so many times. If not i hope this will be fixed because other than that, this game is good and it has a lot of potential.
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

you just need to set under the Manager options what you want to handle and what you want your AI to handle. Sounds like you want everything set to you.
Attached Images
Old 01-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
Duranium
All Star Starter

dave1927p illustrated it perfectly.....The AI does nothing automatically when the settings are right

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:03 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
2. I understand that its realistic that players can train on other positions but the players are changing the positions automatically, and even when i change them back to their original position the AI changes it to a new position. Example: Matt Duchene is a centreman. Thats how i want it. After a couple of months he gets better at playing on the wing so the AI change it for you. I should be that you make the change and it should stay like that.
Is he being played on the wing when that happens, or still at centre? If he's still primarily a C, we may need to adjust the way the position-learning works, it shouldn't be replacing a primary position if that's where the guy is currently playing.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #5
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
dave1927p illustrated it perfectly.....The AI does nothing automatically when the settings are right
I have reported this a couple times, but it is not working like that for me.

I am set to control roster moves, with the AI controlling lineup and tactics.

Every. Single. Time. I have 22 guys on the roster, and sim forward to the next day, a 23rd guy has been added by the AI.

I can reproduce it at will, and it's very annoying.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:24 PM   #6
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torognius View Post
I have reported this a couple times, but it is not working like that for me.

I am set to control roster moves, with the AI controlling lineup and tactics.

Every. Single. Time. I have 22 guys on the roster, and sim forward to the next day, a 23rd guy has been added by the AI.

I can reproduce it at will, and it's very annoying.
That is absolutely true. I really wonder how one can say this is working as intended. It doesn't.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #7
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
That is absolutely true. I really wonder how one can say this is working as intended. It doesn't.
I play mostly in GM mode with the following settings and this never ever happened to me, not once - maybe you should upload your saves so the devs can check it or PM Malte or Jeff.
Attached Images
Image Image 

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 01-23-2016, 04:12 AM   #8
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
I play mostly in GM mode with the following settings and this never ever happened to me, not once - maybe you should upload your saves so the devs can check it or PM Malte or Jeff.
And there is your (or my) problem: You set your lines yourself as if you were a coach. I want to be a GM and have my assistant set the lines. The effect: Someone (not me) constantly calls up players from the farm to fill out the 23-man-roster. That's certainly not how it is supposed to work.
Try it and see for yourself.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #9
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
And there is your (or my) problem: You set your lines yourself as if you were a coach. I want to be a GM and have my assistant set the lines. The effect: Someone (not me) constantly calls up players from the farm to fill out the 23-man-roster. That's certainly not how it is supposed to work.
Try it and see for yourself.
Ah, now you made the issue clear to me - did you get any answer yet on this from the devs ?

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 01-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #10
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Ah, now you made the issue clear to me - did you get any answer yet on this from the devs ?
Me specifically no, but it was brought up multiple times already. So I hope they know about the problem.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:07 PM   #11
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Would it be that you have a player playing out of position in the line up? Not enough LWers or RWers or whatever? If that is the case, I don't know if the AI will make the adjustment for the amount of players and will call someone up to fill that hole. Just an idea anyways. Could be an issue
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #12
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Would it be that you have a player playing out of position in the line up? Not enough LWers or RWers or whatever? If that is the case, I don't know if the AI will make the adjustment for the amount of players and will call someone up to fill that hole. Just an idea anyways. Could be an issue
In my case, I have enough players for each position with 22 on the roster. The 23rd gets called up just to fill in the empty roster spot.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:09 AM   #13
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
you just need to set under the Manager options what you want to handle and what you want your AI to handle. Sounds like you want everything set to you.
I do that. I set so i take care of everything except training. Still this happens.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #14
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Is he being played on the wing when that happens, or still at centre? If he's still primarily a C, we may need to adjust the way the position-learning works, it shouldn't be replacing a primary position if that's where the guy is currently playing.
I never played Duchene on the wing, just somehow he automatically change to be a winger. Same with Barrie, he was a RD. Now he is a LD even though i play him as RD.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:11 AM   #15
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Yeah like some of you say. The AI recall players without my permission. I sent Zadorov to AHL. The next day, he was back in Colorado.