Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:20 PM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

I'll go out on a limb here

First of all, these are just my opinions, worthwhile or useless as you see fit to classify them.

I was so pumped (as many were) that a historical hockey game was coming out. I couldn't believe it. It was my game wet dream come true.

Then the game. IMO, a piece of garbage. I had respect for Sebastian and Malte because I was somewhat familiar with their work and how they responded to customers. As for Jeff (is he still alive), I wasn't impressed with him although I admit I could be wrong as I don't know enough about him.

The game was not garbage do to lack of effort. Sometimes when you write software that you think will be brilliant it turns into doggy-doo. I've written thousands of programs, many of which I thought were the "bees knees", but they were garbage. Did I want to produce garbage? No. I was writing for customers who were paying big bucks for our software.

I think they just blew it. It happens. I'm sure an in-depth review could point out the errors and I'm sure I could have helped (no one asked me) to keep the ideas and possibilities coming. I think the garbage we got was not through any lack of effort, and let's face it, anyone can make a mistake.

This "new" version is taking forever. However, I won't die waiting. I'd love to have it on my computer now, but I don't. My children won't go hungry, my house will still stand, there will still be food on the table. It's a game.

I have faith in the developers that they are embarrassed and do not want to repeat the same mistakes. I think this has been a HUGE learning experience for them and hopefully that knowledge will translate into a great game. If it doesn't, I won't die. If it does, I'm thrilled. I have faith in these lads because I get the feeling they have self-respect and they don't want to let themselves down.

Should we get our money back? Yes. However, it doesn't kill me that we don't. I just contributed towards development costs and if it takes 2 tries and twice as much money to get a good hockey game, I won't be crying. I will be cheering.

I'm sure they have no intention of letting anything out before they feel it's almost 100% ready. (Nothing is ever 100% ready). I believe their hearts are in the right places and even more than you and I, they want this to be the greatest sim since sliced bread (and the sliced bread sim was great). I suggest no pressure from us, the ugly masses. I'm sure when it's ready they'll be anxious to get it out the door. I'm willing to forget this garbage that was V1 and everyone has a fresh start.

C'mon, is that so bad? They seem like nice kids (I'm older), and I think they deserve a fair and honest chance, and when they feel they have something to be proud of, they'll release it.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:36 AM   #2
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Yeah i agree it was garbage. I honestly think and this is my opinion that there wont be an FH2. But hey if there is one good for them. I am enjoying my OOTP.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:15 AM   #3
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
I honestly think and this is my opinion that there wont be an FH2.
If you really do think so, I don't even know how to react to that...
Old 06-07-2015, 01:50 AM   #4
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
Should we get our money back? Yes.
I think your post is fair and well-considered, with the exception of the quoted portion. No, you shouldn't get your money back. If your background is as you have described, you should know better than to think this way.

Quote:
Yeah i agree it was garbage. I honestly think and this is my opinion that there wont be an FH2. But hey if there is one good for them. I am enjoying my OOTP.
Yes, your opinion. Sorry for another "personal attack", as you have perceived, but in your short time on these forums, you've made it very evident what your opinion is worth...
Old 06-07-2015, 05:07 AM   #5
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
I think your post is fair and well-considered, with the exception of the quoted portion. No, you shouldn't get your money back. If your background is as you have described, you should know better than to think this way.

Yes, your opinion. Sorry for another "personal attack", as you have perceived, but in your short time on these forums, you've made it very evident what your opinion is worth...
You're making it way more evident than him what your opinion is worth by mocking him, seriously you do not contribute in any way to any discussions regarding complaints, you're giving OOTP a bad image.

And yes, you keep on attacking every comment he makes without anything constructive, you should know better than to act this way
Old 06-07-2015, 05:41 AM   #6
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrome View Post
You're making it way more evident than him what your opinion is worth by mocking him, seriously you do not contribute in any way to any discussions regarding complaints, you're giving OOTP a bad image.

And yes, you keep on attacking every comment he makes without anything constructive, you should know better than to act this way
Everybody is entitled to their opinion without mocking anyone. You lose your argument with the point you make about Smetana's contribution to the forum as he has contributed quite a lot to FHM2014 and FHM2 over the last couple of years. He has also made a significant contribution to EHM both in mods and the forum. I don't always agree with some of his comments but I certainly wouldn't slate his contribution to the forum and the development of hockey games.

Last edited by Penfold75; 06-07-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #7
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yeah i agree it was garbage. I honestly think and this is my opinion that there wont be an FH2.
I think you mean FHM 3 cause 2 will be released in a few weeks/months.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #8
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

This is probably a hockey thing, but from what I noticed is that everybody always knows better/best. If someone doesn't agree or have a different outlook at things they start to personal attack people.

This was the case at every hockey related forum I have been signed up at.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #9
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:

You're right, I tend to let certain posters get to me. My apologies for that. The ignore list tends to come in handy in these situations, and I've chosen to utilize it. It's not perfect, but it makes it easier to avoid feeding the trolls.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #10
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm a pretty vocal critic of the game and I will not be BUYING FHM2 but come on dude. Regardless of its quality, its coming out. The one liners are getting old. We get it.

If you're not going to support the game go support the franchise and buy OOTP16.. You wont be disappointed.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
Old 06-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #11
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Bought OOTP 16 and loving it!!!! This is how you release a game.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:16 PM   #12
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
I was so pumped (as many were) that a historical hockey game was coming out. I couldn't believe it. It was my game wet dream come true.

Then the game. IMO, a piece of garbage. I had respect for Sebastian and Malte because I was somewhat familiar with their work and how they responded to customers. As for Jeff (is he still alive), I wasn't impressed with him although I admit I could be wrong as I don't know enough about him.
My understanding is Jeff is the complete and total driving force behind that historical hockey game that excites you so much. While I recall the title of "Producer" and my thinking that didn't seem accurate, and the researcher recruitment thread didn't show him in a good light, I think Jeff probably knows more about hockey than the rest of the OOTP/FHM team put together. While IMO it doesn't appear Jeff's managed things well, his early posts on the details of how the game works were really the only informative things ever posted about FHM & the rosters/ratings (which connect to Jeff) haven't been the problem

Sebastian (and Malte) produced the game you call garbage, the game that's been the problem

I too wish them the best with FHM2
Old 06-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #13
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
I honestly think and this is my opinion that there wont be an FH2.
I can assure you that the game will be released soon. All features are already incorporated, only facegen has to be finalized by Jorin and right now we are testing and optimizing the game.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #14
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
Two things here. The first to address your point which on the surface seems quite reasonable. My experience in our software company is that if we dumped garbage on a customer, you are correct, we didn't refund money. We did fix it to the customer's satisfaction and more often than not, gave them their next program (at the same level of work involved) free of charge. Unfortunately, you can't do that here. The ship has sailed. As I said it doesn't bother me as if I have to pay twice to get a damn fine game, I'm all in. Perhaps a refund would have been unrealistic, but some sort of "discount" on V2 would have helped public relations in my opinion.

I am a little disgusted on how quickly this thread devolved into personal attacks that has nothing to do with the topic. My point (and I did have one), is to not give up hope and if I (Mr. Miserable) can have faith, so can others. It's a game and they are trying. They screwed up, they know it, and they are trying to do it right this time. Quit jumping on them. Show a little faith.

I don't want to attack everyone who posts, but there seems to be a rather large amount of spoiled brats here online. That's a shame. I think if we "pull together" then the developers could use us as a resource and would feel more comfortable in delivering what they hope to deliver. Enough pouncing. We've heard it and you're not happy. I understand. Just shut up about it and give them a shot.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #15
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Two things here. The first to address your point which on the surface seems quite reasonable. My experience in our software company is that if we dumped garbage on a customer, you are correct, we didn't refund money. We did fix it to the customer's satisfaction and more often than not, gave them their next program (at the same level of work involved) free of charge. Unfortunately, you can't do that here. The ship has sailed. As I said it doesn't bother me as if I have to pay twice to get a damn fine game, I'm all in. Perhaps a refund would have been unrealistic, but some sort of "discount" on V2 would have helped public relations in my opinion.

I am a little disgusted on how quickly this thread devolved into personal attacks that has nothing to do with the topic. My point (and I did have one), is to not give up hope and if I (Mr. Miserable) can have faith, so can others. It's a game and they are trying. They screwed up, they know it, and they are trying to do it right this time. Quit jumping on them. Show a little faith.

I don't want to attack everyone who posts, but there seems to be a rather large amount of spoiled brats here online. That's a shame. I think if we "pull together" then the developers could use us as a resource and would feel more comfortable in delivering what they hope to deliver. Enough pouncing. We've heard it and you're not happy. I understand. Just shut up about it and give them a shot.
I don't know how old you claim to be, but you're not showing much maturity on that spoiled brats part. I'm gonna go with Smetana here and if what you said on your background is true, you should know that a company should be ready to receive criticism, just shutting up won't fix anything, and honestly the FHM team handled the criticism very well.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:11 AM   #16
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Everybody is entitled to their opinion without mocking anyone. You lose your argument with the point you make about Smetana's contribution to the forum as he has contributed quite a lot to FHM2014 and FHM2 over the last couple of years. He has also made a significant contribution to EHM both in mods and the forum. I don't always agree with some of his comments but I certainly wouldn't slate his contribution to the forum and the development of hockey games.
Might have gone a bit hard on this one. Granted, I had no idea of his work on FHM 2014 and EHM, I joined not so long ago, but that guy Havokk has been targeted for every comment he makes on the game, while opinions against the game, even if not always constructive, are crucial.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:12 AM   #17
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Might have gone a bit hard on this one. Granted, I had no idea of his work on FHM 2014 and EHM, I joined not so long ago, but that guy Havokk has been targeted for every comment he makes on the game, while opinions against the game, even if not always constructive, are crucial.
I like to think I am quite a fair person but my problem with Havokk's posts is that there is very little, if anything constructive you can say about most of them. They lack any sort of substance or point other than fanning the flames and reiterating points that have been made over and over in the past and in better ways.
Closed Thread