Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #21
smithtm
Minors (Double A)

Okay TribeFanInNC, I gave this a go with your suggestion of just putting the team names in manually and generating a schedule. Worked just fine! I haven't actually tried to generate one for a league yet, but I will give that a go and use your suggestions to make sure the schdule works. Thanks for all your help!
smithtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #22
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

OK, I see where you guys are getting the league.dat file error. The problem is that OOTP 10/11 leagues do not have a league.dat file. I can only assume that was a v6 and earlier notation. I tried renaming the world.dat file to league.dat for importing. I did not get an error message, but it also did not get any teams to import either. I assume the world.dat has a different format now than the previous league.dat file.

But, as pointed out, it will work if you just manually enter the teams and time zones.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #23
Afino
Hall Of Famer

anyone mind figuring out what I'm doing wrong? It's telling me I can't import because it has a different structure...

League Structure: 2 subleagues, 10 teams each, no interleague, 94 game schedule starting on 6/1 (or whatever day the schedule generator pops out - does it really matter?)

File name: ILN_BGN_G94_SL1_D1_T10_SL2_D1_T10_C.lsdl

That 2nd line of the file:
Code:
<SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGN_G94_SL1_D1_T10_SL2_D1_T10_C.lsdl" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="94" start_month="6" start_day="1" start_day_of_week="5" allstar_game_day="58">

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #24
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
If you not doing balanced games, shouldn't it be balanced_games="0" ?
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #25
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
If you not doing balanced games, shouldn't it be balanced_games="0" ?
yep

also make sure your league rules match what it says in the schedule line
Old 11-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #26
conception
All Star Starter

It appears I'm bumping an old thread, but I've got excellent news which should increase the use of this program.

I've been toying around with this to make custom schedules for my league and like the rest of you I inputted my league alignment into the program, set my parameters, and let it fly. It generated the files (I clicked the lsdl file at the top) but it would not input into the game, saying the structure was incorrect. I new this wasn't true and checked it over to be sure. What I ended up doing was creating a schedule in-game that had some of the parameters I wanted and exported it. I don't remember if it exported as an lsdl file or a text file, but I may have used windows explorer to change the extension to lsdl. I opened both files in notepad and noticed the heading was not exactly the same between the two. By heading, I mean:

<SCHEDULE type="ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T4_D2_T3_D3_T3_SL2_D1_T3 _D2_T3_D3_T4_C_" inter_league="1" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="162" preferred_start_day="2">
<GAMES>

So I simply copied the heading from the working file into the one I created getting the error. I also made sure the closing of the file was exactly the same, ie:

</GAMES>
</SCHEDULE>

I must emphasize EXACTLY the same. I don't know what caused the errors and what didn't, but I know when I loaded the same exact schedule into the game that wasn't working earlier, it loaded 100 percent correct with the new headings.

As long as you can generate a schedule in game that has the settings you are looking for (interleague, balanced schedule, obviously structure, etc.) you can copy the header into your own custom schedule and get it to work. Please note that the number of games that fit into each category, like division games, interleague games, etc. do no matter in the schedule that you are taking from the game. You can set them to whatever you want as long as the actual schedule options are the same.

This won't fix every single person's desire to have a schedule for whatever crazy league they have, but this will help a lot. I haven't noticed an real side effects yet.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #27
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

nevermind

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 11-30-2010 at 02:19 AM.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:18 AM   #28
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
ok i havent tried this program but will it work for a fictional 16 team league 154 games? with interleague? i am tired of the 3 game series and want some 2 and 4 game schedules along with playing a home and home series vs each South League team
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:40 AM   #29
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
It appears I'm bumping an old thread, but I've got excellent news which should increase the use of this program.

I've been toying around with this to make custom schedules for my league and like the rest of you I inputted my league alignment into the program, set my parameters, and let it fly. It generated the files (I clicked the lsdl file at the top) but it would not input into the game, saying the structure was incorrect. I new this wasn't true and checked it over to be sure. What I ended up doing was creating a schedule in-game that had some of the parameters I wanted and exported it. I don't remember if it exported as an lsdl file or a text file, but I may have used windows explorer to change the extension to lsdl. I opened both files in notepad and noticed the heading was not exactly the same between the two. By heading, I mean:

<SCHEDULE type="ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T4_D2_T3_D3_T3_SL2_D1_T3 _D2_T3_D3_T4_C_" inter_league="1" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="162" preferred_start_day="2">
<GAMES>

So I simply copied the heading from the working file into the one I created getting the error. I also made sure the closing of the file was exactly the same, ie:

</GAMES>
</SCHEDULE>

I must emphasize EXACTLY the same. I don't know what caused the errors and what didn't, but I know when I loaded the same exact schedule into the game that wasn't working earlier, it loaded 100 percent correct with the new headings.

As long as you can generate a schedule in game that has the settings you are looking for (interleague, balanced schedule, obviously structure, etc.) you can copy the header into your own custom schedule and get it to work. Please note that the number of games that fit into each category, like division games, interleague games, etc. do no matter in the schedule that you are taking from the game. You can set them to whatever you want as long as the actual schedule options are the same.

This won't fix every single person's desire to have a schedule for whatever crazy league they have, but this will help a lot. I haven't noticed an real side effects yet.
I tried this and it worked for me, too. Nice work posting it, as it wasn't even the problem I came in here with but after getting it to work finally kept running into the same problem.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #30
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
ok i havent tried this program but will it work for a fictional 16 team league 154 games? with interleague? i am tired of the 3 game series and want some 2 and 4 game schedules along with playing a home and home series vs each South League team
It will work for pretty much any league setup. But you can't really specify like series lengths. It is nice for giving you a different schedule for every season though - if you change the seed number, you get a different schedule.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #31
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post

<GAMES>

</GAMES>
</SCHEDULE>

Yeah I ran into header line problems too (as I outlined in post 17 above). It gets it mostly right, but needs some fixes. I did the same thing and copied an existing one. Thanks for the bump - hopefully others will get some use out of it.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #32
Chicagofan76
Banned

I am currently in sept in my ABF league i am wondering if i try to make a schedule just to see what it would look like right now, would that mess up my current league and schedule, also can i run this after the game creates a schedule for my next season, i am adding 2 expansion teams which should bring back interleague (with 6 teams in the NL and 8 teams in SL it hasnt done interleague)
Old 11-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #33
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

You can only change your schedule in-game during the preseason (February), so you can't test it out now. You shouldn't mess anything up doing it, but you can always backup your league just in case.

You can practice generating them now if you want. Read through the whole thread and note the changes you need to make to get them to work (mostly involving the schedule header line). You can make the changes in a text editor like WordPad.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #34
Chicagofan76
Banned

Ok i am not sure what i am doing on this

i had 8 teams in the north 8 teams in the south. no divisions
i put my teams into it 154 games with interleague

hit generate, and it comes out to 77 total games.

whats the Seed thing for? default was set to 5000.

ok after i generate teh schedule where do i put it in to look at it in game?

and can i use this for spring training also?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #35
Chicagofan76
Banned

heres what my thing came out as if that worked
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGY_G154_SL1_D1_T8_D1_T8_C_StickWare.lsdl (60.7 KB, 114 views)
Old 12-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #36
Chicagofan76
Banned

yeah i cant seem to get this right

154 games, balanced sched, 4 interleague game series

i have done this 3 times and i get a total of 77 games.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #37
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

How do you know you are only getting 77 games? The file you posted has 170+ days - sounds about right for 154 game schedule. That part seems right. Or am I missing something.

Have you gotten it to load into the game? That's usually the tricky part. You will have to make the changes I listed in post 17 of the this thread to get it to work.

The seed is the starting point of the number generator it uses to make the schedule. If you leave everything the same but change the seed, you will get a different schedule. It's a way to make multiple schedules of the same league setup.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #38
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
How do you know you are only getting 77 games? The file you posted has 170+ days - sounds about right for 154 game schedule. That part seems right. Or am I missing something.

after the schedule generates, it lists the matchups and at the bottom it has 77 across the board, now 77 x 2 is 154 if i was missing something...i will try to load it into teh game and see what it looks like.....but i am in spring training. if it doesnt work, other then pulling up my backup what options do i have?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #39
Chicagofan76
Banned

heres the newest 1 i just did
Attached Images
Old 05-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #40
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I am praying diligently we can enlist Dave's help for v12. I feel badly we didn't take up the challenge or have the appropriate resources to give him the necessary feedback in order to finalize v10's attempt. This guy is THE original Stickware creator and in many of our minds the benchmark for a schedule creation interface. He doesn't do this anymore. If I understood him correctly in our personal exchanges, he doesn't even play much of the game any longer, if at all.

So, please, if we're lucky enough to get him involved this go around, do all we can to be of service and explanation to further our chances of incorporating his input into the next version.
I still miss Stickware and Dave's talents. I miss using this software at the beginning of every year, knowing I woud be getting a new schedule with variety and varied days off; just the best custom randomized scheduler ever. Ever.