Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 10-15-2006, 05:58 PM   #41
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
Matter2003, anything new to report yet? Looking forward to this!!!
I don't think he's posted on the boards in over 2 months. I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #42
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_ View Post
I don't think he's posted on the boards in over 2 months. I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.
I noticed that. I hope he is alright. I'll keep him and his family in my prayers anyways.
Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #43
jnshmoo
All Star Starter

Yikes! I was REALLY looking forward to this! I hope all is well.

jnshmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:29 AM   #44
Matter2003
All Star Starter

OK, as I quickly found out, my previous scheduling project was a little too ambitious to try and tackle all at the same time. As I tried to get things implemented for all the possible scheduling formats one could dream up, I kept having to try and fix things that worked in one format, but not in another and it just got to the point where I knew there was no way it was going to work the way I had it coded at the time. With my interest in OOTP2006 waning because of various things(a lot of it had to do with Oblivion), I did not think it would be done properly before OOTP2007 was released. Recently I started working on a new scheduler built from the ground up, but much more well thought out from the beginning. I will be adding in things on a modular basis, meaning that the first release will only be handling 1 division leagues. With each release I will be adding functionality and working my way up to more complexity and adding features. As I think about it, I guess what I could compare it to would be to Markus trying to release OOTP 2006 before ever having made any of the other OOTP games. It would be virtually impossible to do this, especially since a lot of the knowledge gained was thru fixing and re-writing code after finding new and better ways of doing things, making improvements at the same time and adding new features.

So, with all that aside. I can proudly say that the first release of the scheduler should be within the next few days. I have completed the code for the actual scheduling of the games, and it works perfectly fine. I am currently writing the code to output the results to a text file, which should not take me very long to do. However, I want to tweak a few things with the actual scheduling itself before I release the initial version(mainly teams seem to schedule games with 1 opponent too close to each other). If everything goes as planned, I could have this done as early as Thursday night. If I run into some snags or making the text file in the proper format is tougher than I think it is by looking at it, Sunday should be the absolute latest. Either way I would like some people to test it out, run it with different sized leagues and let me know what can be improved in it.

I will only be looking for things that are included in this particular version however, as I know there are tons of things that are not implemented or that I plan on adding, so there is no reason to say stuff like "I want to see it handle x number of divisions", etc...I will be looking for feedback on stuff like "Game Times are not realisitic", etc...

Check us out on the Git Hub Pages:
Goal-Line-Stand-Football
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #45
zuty
Minors (Double A)

I'm behind the times a little, but did this schedule generator ever get released?
zuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:17 AM   #46
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuty View Post
I'm behind the times a little, but did this schedule generator ever get released?
I was just checking too. Here's to hoping it'll get done soon.
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #47
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw4572 View Post
I was just checking too. Here's to hoping it'll get done soon.
"
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #48
notareus
Minors (Double A)

Location: Somewhere in Red Sox Nation: "Baseball is Life; the rest are just details"
any ideas on whan this may be available for OOTP 2007?

would it work like the old Stickware generator for pre-OOTP 2006 versions?