Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21- New to the Game?

OOTP 21- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-07-2021, 09:54 PM   #1
timmcdonald
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Team missing minor league affiliate

Has anyone experienced a whole minor league affiliate team "disappearing"?

I discovered that I was missing a player, so I did a search for him. I found him on my Jamestown Expos in the Pennsylvania-NY League. The problem is that the team does not exist in the NYPL.

I did a further search on the players on Jamestown. I discovered that most of my upcoming stars were placed on that roster before it vanished. A total of 191 players were placed on that team - and still exist in limbo as I cannot move the players. It shows that they are Expos, but I can only purchase the player or trade for the player.

Any thoughts? Other than becoming commissioner and relocating the players...
timmcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:42 PM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

will need more information. Are you playing historical or modern?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:44 AM   #3
timmcdonald
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm playing historical. I started in 1969 and it appears that all my draft picks from about 1971 onwards were dumped onto that team.
I just started 1974.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
will need more information. Are you playing historical or modern?
Old 03-15-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmcdonald View Post
I'm playing historical. I started in 1969 and it appears that all my draft picks from about 1971 onwards were dumped onto that team.
I just started 1974.
Jamestown (as the Falcons in '71-'72, then Expos) became Montreal's affiliate in 1971. It ceased to exist in 1974, replaced by the Kinston Expos (although Kinston was slightly higher-level). Kinston lasted only one year...

Anyways, so you're saying that your draft picks from '71 thru '74 are going to Jamestown, which doesn't exist? My guess is that - in your league - Jamestown DID exist, but has only recently disappeared as of '74. And I would also guess that this is a temporary condition (what is the date of your game?), and that if you advance your game, you will see that your players - who at the moment are stuck in limbo on Jamestown - will soon appear on other teams within the Expos' organation.

Here's what I suggest:

1) Make a backup
2) Advance your game to spring training 1974
3) Check your players and see if all is well
4) Report back, and if players are still stuck on a phantom Jamestown team, then you might have an issue that's worth submitting a ticket

Good luck!
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:43 PM   #5
twins_34
All Star Reserve

Post some screenshots of the team? You know, find the guy, click on the team name. Then get a screenshot of this.
Attached Images
twins_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:04 PM   #6
timmcdonald
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This happened to me a couple more times as I advanced. Players would disappear until I though - "Hey, where did -- go?".
The latest was for the Lethbridge Expos - which changed their affiliate to the Dodgers (not sure of the exact season), but a number of my players were left on the "Lethbridge Expos" and not moved to one of the other affiliated Expos teams.

I corrected most of the players by individually editing each player in commissioner mode and dumping them to a minor league team. I left some behind because I was lazy and didn't want to bother with players that aren't likely to make my pro team.

Ex: Paul Mize - SS | Lethbridge Expos | Bats ....

Could this happen (players not moving) because each of the minor league teams are maxed out in terms of # of players? This doesn't seem normal - I had to move in excess of 10 players - which was more than one draft year.

A quick look at a handful of players I moved and their draft years:
Mike Witt '77
Jesse Barfield '76
Dave Righetti '76
Tim Raines '76
Wallace Johnson '78

Odd that Witt & Johnson played in '78, but the other three listed last played in '76.

I find that the game also has young players with good potential occasionally retire. I drafted George Brett one season, and he promptly retired at the end of the season - that was the most dramatic. Biff Pocoroba also did the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Jamestown (as the Falcons in '71-'72, then Expos) became Montreal's affiliate in 1971. It ceased to exist in 1974, replaced by the Kinston Expos (although Kinston was slightly higher-level). Kinston lasted only one year...

Anyways, so you're saying that your draft picks from '71 thru '74 are going to Jamestown, which doesn't exist? My guess is that - in your league - Jamestown DID exist, but has only recently disappeared as of '74. And I would also guess that this is a temporary condition (what is the date of your game?), and that if you advance your game, you will see that your players - who at the moment are stuck in limbo on Jamestown - will soon appear on other teams within the Expos' organation.

Here's what I suggest:

1) Make a backup
2) Advance your game to spring training 1974
3) Check your players and see if all is well
4) Report back, and if players are still stuck on a phantom Jamestown team, then you might have an issue that's worth submitting a ticket

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2021, 04:25 PM   #7
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Did you verify that the issue (players being in limbo on defunct teams) was not just a temporary issue, that by moving forward on the calendar that these players didn't eventually - by spring training or earlier - move off of those defunct teams and onto active teams (or be released or whatever else)?
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:30 PM   #8
timmcdonald
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The players never returned to any active team. Through off season, spring-training and into the season the players remained in limbo.

I played a full season, leaving Paul Mize, among others on the Lethbridge team. The only option I have for any of the players is to purchase player or trade for player. The limbo-Expos players show the Expo logo when hovered over, the team abbreviation LeEx. The Dodgers players LeDo, but they are associated with a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Did you verify that the issue (players being in limbo on defunct teams) was not just a temporary issue, that by moving forward on the calendar that these players didn't eventually - by spring training or earlier - move off of those defunct teams and onto active teams (or be released or whatever else)?