Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21- New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
Michael Hopcroft
Major Leagues

How to avoid being overwhelmed

I love the concepts of OOTP, but have had this problem when I've tried to play: being so overwhelmed by options, deadlines, and events that I am allowing entirely too much control to the AI. Making good decisions, and showing patience with my development is hard when I see the plethora of available options and massive amounts of data in front of me. As a result, I time to blow past Spring training to my detriment.

I come in with a background in the "coaching sim", where your authority most of the time is limited to managing individual games. Often salaries are not involved in multi-player, and other times they are abstracted, but the game itself does not revolve around teambuilding and financial management.

When you guys were new players,how did you can control over all the options?
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:28 PM   #2
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

I disabled a bunch of stuff.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:43 PM   #3
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I still disable a lot of things such as roster expansion, waivers, options, rule 5 draft

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #4
timmcdonald
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have mostly been playing historical leagues in the 60s and early 70s.

I haven't disabled any of the features and have to agree that it starts to get rather overwhelming when arbitration and free agency kicks in. I have realized that if I let the game manage resigning players from season-to-season that my team's salaries grow exorbitantly.

So I don't really have an answer for you as I haven't turned anything off - in fact I've turned features on: trading draft picks, trading drafted players in the first year which add to the complexity - and take away from realism.

What I have done to limit the amount I need to do is to limit myself to GM-only, have my assistant GM set budgets, minor league promotions/demotions and allow the minor league mangers to manage the other minor league options. I haven't noticed how much that affects the growth of my team, however.
timmcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote