Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21- New to the Game?

OOTP 21- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-10-2021, 06:20 PM   #1
LuScorpio68
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Learning a new position in the major leagues ?

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the game, and I wanted to know if you would recommend for a player to learn a new position while in the major leagues. My current issue is this : in my current league, going into the 2023 season with the St Louis Cardinals, I have 4 outfielders for three spots, and among those players, only one is a negative defensively. I have Joc Pederson, Harrison Bader, Dylan Carlson and Tyler O'Neil, and Carlson is by far the worst of them in the outfield defensively.
My idea was to move Carlson to first base once Paul Goldschmidt's contract expired, but he currently can't play the position. Can I try to make him learn the position, or should I just give up and end up giving that position to Joc Pederson who at least has a rating at that position ?
LuScorpio68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:23 PM   #2
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, you should be able to do that fairly easily. First base is the easiest position to learn and I'm sure Carlson has the skills and is only missing experience. If you play him there during spring training he will learn it even faster.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:55 PM   #3
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

People have said on the board players can easily learn positions to the left on the spectrum. Maybe this works on fictional players (which I never play). However it does not work in a historical game if the lesser position is in a different area, OF, IF, C.

A historical player has to have RL experience at that other position and it has to be within the rating window used. You have RL players but moved into the future so it would be interesting to know if they're treated as RL players or fictional ones. Please let us know.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:02 PM   #4
LuScorpio68
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Alright, I forgot to provide an update on this, so here's the response I was able to notice : it worked. Carlson picked up the position quickly, but due to roster moves was never more than a part-time 1B for me, spending most of his time still at RF.
I tried it with another player, Nolan Gorman, when I had no room left for him on the left side of the infield and it worked too.

My conclusion is that, at least if you start your sim in 2020, you can make pretty much any player learn 1B. For the sake of roster construction, I may have to make Gorman learn 2B as well so I could provide an update if I end up doing it.
LuScorpio68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:12 PM   #5
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

I don't think there is any issue with teaching players new positions for which they have the skills in the regular game.

There are restrictions within Perfect Team, I believe, but not in the base game.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:33 AM   #6
Larmen
Bat Boy

star

Your post is fantastic. However, Einblick.ai cutting-edge progressive computation engine delivers accurate findings in a matter of seconds even for very huge datasets. No matter what you're creating—a simple histogram, a run of AutoML, or a block of Python code—you'll never have to wait. While we continue to upload new samples and make modifications to feedback in the background, you continue with your analysis and estimation. Go to this page to learn more.

Last edited by Larmen; 09-17-2022 at 04:34 AM.
Larmen is offline   Reply With Quote